It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Ladies; Get Your Birth Control NOW While You Still Can

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: RedDragon

16 weeks isn't late term. At 16 weeks NO fetus is NOT viable. You said you were born 2 month early, that would make you a 28 week delivery. At that point Roe V Wade protects the unborn and abortion on demand is not an option.

Why are you giving me 1987 stats, and what does any of that have to do with Trump overturning Roe V Wade. defunding Planned Parenthood or the GOP enacting a fetal right to life amendment to the constitution that would outlaw abortion and many contraception methods?

Roe Vs Wade simply states that any bans on late term abortion at the state level have to make exceptions for health reasons. It looks like several states have no real restrictions on late term abortion.
edit on 11/11/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Actually I agree with everything you said. But this:

Birth control and especially the pill are NOT prescribed to fix a condition

Teen girls take them for acne treatment, believe it or not, and perimenopausal women take them to control complications pertaining to certain aspects of menses.

I meant as used for birth control.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Late term is 3rd trimester, 24 weeks and beyond. Some states limit abortion at 20 weeks some at 22. Depending on the fetus, viability is reached somewhere between 23 and 25 weeks.

It looks like several states have no real restrictions on late term abortion.

Please name those states and lets look at their exceptions. For example, some states will allow late term abortion for deformed fetuses while others won't. But, I guarantee you that no US state allows for abortion on demand past the 3rd trimester.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

While your point is valid...I still disagree. If nothing more than for the idea of it. Feel free to chop this up and tear it apart as I'm sure it could be.

If an individual makes a choice to engage in some dangerous or harmful act repeatedly, and will not protect themselves or attempt to avoid the dangerous act...it is NOT the responsibility of the people to pay to allow the person to continue the act without regard for themselves. If this sane person decides to make bad choices...that is their choice and responsibility...not mine. And yes...insurance is paid for by the people. Our rates increase when others use the system and it's money.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Planned Parenthood existed before the ACA. It may not exist next year.

It will exist. It just will not be getting Federal funding.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Would you be willing to answer a few questions for me? I'm genuine curious and you seem fairly logical.

1. What would you make the cut-off date for abortion?
2. What if any reason (rape?) increase that cut-off date?
3. What if any date from conception do you consider a fetus a person with rights?

I swear to you I'm not baiting and will not challenge any of your answers. In fact...I'll answer them myself first.

1. No more than 6 months.
2. No increase regardless. Maybe if the person were in a coma and then awoke?
3. Once they can survive outside the womb.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: SaturnFX

No. I said many.

But I seriously doubt that anyone is going to see abortion made completely illegal anytime soon. At most, you might see Roe v Wade overturned, but that would simply send it back to the states, not outlaw it.

Which it should be based on the 10th Amendment. You know the little law that states any law NOT specifically talked about in the Constitution falls to the people or the state.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Why should your work pay for your birth control?

Lol. You didn't really read the OP, did you?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

But the part people seem to not grasp is that all of this was before Obamacare made it possible for me to have insurance cover it. How could that be? According to the OP, this was not possible before Obamacare.

I never said any such thing. You can thank Hobby Lobby, also, for your employer deciding that women don't have the right to be covered for womanly needs.

You don't have to work for them. Just like the laws for smoking. If you don't like smoke don't work for a place where there are smokers. If you want BC then work for a company that covers it.

Simple answers that need NO government interference.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: windword

Trump/GOP plan:

1. Make it harder to prevent pregnancy

2. Ban abortions

*face palm*

I think you confusing the Catholic church and the GOP. I was raised Baptist. We where told it's best not to do it, but if you do wear a raincoat.

You'd think after 6 billion people they'd feel they satisfied the "Be Fruitful and Multiply" mandate.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You would have thought no woman anywhere ever got her abortions or had any birth control prior to Obamacare!

Erm, prior to Obamacare... we had Roe v. Wade. Important point since Trump wants it overturned! Now that Republicans control much of our nation, it's actually feasible they could accomplish that. So how will women get abortions in the States that will ban it? Illegally that's how..

Trump CAN'T overturn it even if he wanted to. It would be up to SCOTUS to do so and then ONLY if a new case was presented and they choose to hear it.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

Planned Parenthood existed before the ACA. It may not exist next year.

It will exist. It just will not be getting Federal funding.

Correct. This also means that women would not have equal access to Planned Parenthood which can be considered illegal in a court of law due to denial of access to doctors. By allowing the federal defunding the court is essentially saying that all states may defund if they choose which leaves women out in the cold. It's an all or nothing situation and the supreme court has.already determined that nothing is not an option.

Suck it up. We're not going down this road again.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

But the part people seem to not grasp is that all of this was before Obamacare made it possible for me to have insurance cover it. How could that be? According to the OP, this was not possible before Obamacare.

I never said any such thing. You can thank Hobby Lobby, also, for your employer deciding that women don't have the right to be covered for womanly needs.

You don't have to work for them. Just like the laws for smoking. If you don't like smoke don't work for a place where there are smokers. If you want BC then work for a company that covers it.

Simple answers that need NO government interference.

Simple and obtuse. If business could set policy on workers rights you'd essentially be a slave.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Late term is 3rd trimester, 24 weeks and beyond. Some states limit abortion at 20 weeks some at 22. Depending on the fetus, viability is reached somewhere between 23 and 25 weeks.

It looks like several states have no real restrictions on late term abortion.

Please name those states and lets look at their exceptions. For example, some states will allow late term abortion for deformed fetuses while others won't. But, I guarantee you that no US state allows for abortion on demand past the 3rd trimester.

Past the 3rd trimester is a born baby. You can't abort a baby that's already been born.

If we can't even get the terminology right then how can we expect to appropriately communicate with one another?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Or they drive to the states that allow it?

How many places do you think would seriously fully ban abortion in all circumstances?

They want a constitutional amendment. There will be no state to drive to. Abortion will be illegal in every state!

You do know that even if they do get an amendment though Congress it still has to be ratified by 37 states before it become active? That has been done only 16 times in 250 years. And 2 of those where to start and stop Prohibition.

PS

I know 27 amendments, but the first 10 where part of the original Constitution and the 27th was also part of the first original 12 amendments of The Bill of Rights, but did not get ratified for 200 years. The last of the original 12 was something about the number of people in Congress.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jdennis10
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Let's say I get raped and I get pregnant from the raper. I would not want the baby. Would I lose all rights to abortion?

Edit: If they banned abortion from the USA

Actually that was addressed. Rape, incest and major medical issues has always been on the table as valid reasons.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Would you be willing to answer a few questions for me? I'm genuine curious and you seem fairly logical. 1. What would you make the cut-off date for abortion? 2. What if any reason (rape?) increase that cut-off date?

I'm fine with Roe V Wade. My feelings are that it isn't broken, so it doesn't need fixing. The "cut off date" depends on viability. Once a fetus achieves viability, it's life is more important than "convenience". I don't see rape or incest to be a valid factor for an "on demand" late term abortion.

I do, however, support late term abortions for women who get a dire prognosis on the health of the fetus and its affect on their long term health and family wishes. Even with late term abortions, earlier is better. A dire situation diagnosed and "taken care of" at 22 weeks, can prevent a life threatening situation due to fetal distress, (sepsis is the #1 killer here), that could occur at, say, 30 weeks, killing her or forever damaging her internal organs.

What if any date from conception do you consider a fetus a person with rights?

"Person" being the operative word here....When the cord is cut........and first breath is taken.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

You do know that even if they do get an amendment though Congress it still has to be ratified by 37 states before it become active? That has been done only 16 times in 250 years. And 2 of those where to start and stop Prohibition.

Yes. I found out just how hard the process actually is, a few pages back, and NOW, I'm SOOOOO relieved!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I've been 100% consistent that Trump is pro-life, wants to defund PP, overturn Roe v. Wade, and possibly an extra punishment for those that get abortions.

I can't speak for others, but i've been consistent.

You do know that PP is a private organization and even if he does defund it, it will still be there? It just will not be have federal funds any more.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Would you be willing to answer a few questions for me? I'm genuine curious and you seem fairly logical. 1. What would you make the cut-off date for abortion? 2. What if any reason (rape?) increase that cut-off date?

I'm fine with Roe V Wade. My feelings are that it isn't broken, so it doesn't need fixing. The "cut off date" depends on viability. Once a fetus achieves viability, it's life is more important than "convenience". I don't see rape or incest to be a valid factor for an "on demand" late term abortion.

I do, however, support late term abortions for women who get a dire prognosis on the health of the fetus and its affect on their long term health and family wishes. Even with late term abortions, earlier is better. A dire situation diagnosed and "taken care of" at 22 weeks, can prevent a life threatening situation due to fetal distress, (sepsis is the #1 killer here), that could occur at, say, 30 weeks, killing her or forever damaging her internal organs.

What if any date from conception do you consider a fetus a person with rights?

"Person" being the operative word here....When the cord is cut........and first breath is taken.

Thank you! I truly appreciate your response. Quick, simple and obvious comments:

I would even go as far as agreeing to a late term abortion if the woman and/or family for whatever reason couldn't adequately support and raise the child. Long-term injury, financial, etc.

As I'm sure you would guess, the "cord being cut" is far further than I would go except for your exceptions and my new one just stated.

Again...thank you.
edit on 11/11/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join