It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies; Get Your Birth Control NOW While You Still Can

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

What I'm not for is a working, comfortable woman having her birth control paid for by others. Buy it yourself. If you can't afford it...we will provide it to you. But maybe we won't force the nuns to pony up the money.

paid for by others???
like, having it included in insurance policies? and as it stands now.... the little sisters don't have to even have pay to have it included in their insurance policies. the last I heard, they were griping about the little form that they would have had to fill out, that would have informed the insurance company that they had a religious belief that to do so was wrong... and then, the insurance company would have taken upon themselves to see to it that the employees were covered, no cost to the poor little sisters..
but no, they didn't want that birth control coverage to even be connected to the insurance plans whatsoever...

there is two problems with this... first in many, if not all states, having an insurance that is that narrow, isn't legal.... and two, most women get their prescription for birth control on a yearly basis when they go in for other exams... like pap smears. the little sister's position on this one would have required an extra trip to the doctors, which, in the end, regardless of who paid for what, would have increased the cost of getting the birth control!

as for the "if you can't afford it bit"..... I am assuming you are talking about all those nice means tested programs with their income guidelines to determine weather you can afford it or not...
well, sorry to tell ya this, but I know from first hand experience how it feels to suffer for the rest of my life because some stupid income guideline said we could afford when we couldn't! and, I hold little hope that they will ever come up with one that won't leave out wide chunks of the population.... so they can back again and again, and keep extending and expanding the programs....

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

ya, I was mainly talking about what is going on in catholic hospitals at the present time, responding to a post that was pointing out that these hospitals are expanding alot!! they may also decide to wait around till they have to remove a fallopian tube if it's a tubal pregnancy instead of just giving you a pill or two to cause a miscarriage.

these are the things we can look forward to if the GOP/right to life groups get their way!!

and, I have read in some of these right to life websites, yes, deep down, they consider many of the birth control as bad as abortions! so, ya, that amendment, to them, would probably outlaw just about all of the birth control methods that are the most effective.

which is why I keep asking the right to lifers if they would actually accept the idea that they should go through the rest of their married life without sex once they or their partner decides not to have more children. because, if they are successful in doing all they want to do.... they will have to!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Okay. So you also think that Trump, Pence and the GOP are lying about their intentions.

What is your stance if they're not lying, and do intend to follow through on their promises? Do you support the plan to defund Planned Parenthood, appoint judges that will overturn Roe V Wade and/or enact a constitutional amendment that bans abortion and most birth control methods?

Simple answer...ain't gonna happen. Period. Planned Parenthood? Don't know. The legal activities will continue by someone if not them.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I hope you're right!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

What I'm not for is a working, comfortable woman having her birth control paid for by others. Buy it yourself. If you can't afford it...we will provide it to you. But maybe we won't force the nuns to pony up the money.

paid for by others???
like, having it included in insurance policies? and as it stands now.... the little sisters don't have to even have pay to have it included in their insurance policies. the last I heard, they were griping about the little form that they would have had to fill out, that would have informed the insurance company that they had a religious belief that to do so was wrong... and then, the insurance company would have taken upon themselves to see to it that the employees were covered, no cost to the poor little sisters..
but no, they didn't want that birth control coverage to even be connected to the insurance plans whatsoever...

there is two problems with this... first in many, if not all states, having an insurance that is that narrow, isn't legal.... and two, most women get their prescription for birth control on a yearly basis when they go in for other exams... like pap smears. the little sister's position on this one would have required an extra trip to the doctors, which, in the end, regardless of who paid for what, would have increased the cost of getting the birth control!

as for the "if you can't afford it bit"..... I am assuming you are talking about all those nice means tested programs with their income guidelines to determine weather you can afford it or not...
well, sorry to tell ya this, but I know from first hand experience how it feels to suffer for the rest of my life because some stupid income guideline said we could afford when we couldn't! and, I hold little hope that they will ever come up with one that won't leave out wide chunks of the population.... so they can back again and again, and keep extending and expanding the programs....

Not in the mood to argue...so here it is. Birth control pills run about $9 per month. A woman's choice to engage in sex and what contraception to use is her choice. Birth control should, in my opinion, not be covered by anyone but the person engaging in intercourse. It is not something required for health or life and it is basically like vitamins and actually cheaper than vitamins. Pay your own $9 per month if you wish to engage in sex and choose the pill. Otherwise choose condoms.
If you can not afford $9 per month based upon an income and expense schedule...birth control will be supplied to you.

Simple enough? On the Nuns...no individual especially for religious reasons should be forced to pay for the death of an unborn child or fetus. Why? It simply isn't fair on such a touchy topic. I don't believe in God and I believe in a woman's right to choose. I don't believe in forcing a person to participate in any manner in something against their religion especially the termination of a life. Again...not so much for the logical reasons as the touchy subject matter. I'm being nice to the religious and compromising.

Fair and honest.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I hope you're right!

While this may not hold a lot of weight for you...but I am. I am 100% confidant that any restrictions would be extremely minor and not in any real way affect anyone. Personally...Trump wouldn't touch it. There are too many like me. As I've said...non-religious, for a woman's right to choose and a hard-core anti-liberal. I voted for Trump...I wouldn't have if I actually thought this was possible.

I have a wife and two daughters. I'm used to paying for birth control
It doesn't take much but it is a personal responsibility. Children must learn this. They must learn that if they want to "whatever" they have to accept personal responsibility including paying for it. It helps them realize that this isn't something trivial.
edit on 11/10/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If men (yeah, I know some women are against it) want to control birth control/abortion then women get control of ED drugs, steroids and performance enhancers.

Might as well throw in those hair replacement procedures and drugs.

Since the abortion issue/birth control is about a woman's body, it's up to them.
edit on 11/10/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Riffrafter

where have you been??? they've been trying all along, and we've been arguing all along...
this election has just gave them a few more inches to their goalpost.

I've been right here...in my adopted home state of VA.

I am paying attention. I always do.

I know this election left a lot people stunned. I get that - I really do. But if you were paying attention, you would not have been so surprised.

We're sick of the status quo.

And we *VOTE*.

Ignore us at your peril.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

a 23 year old women, could expect to pay out around $52,000 before she hits menopause for birth control pills, if her insurance does not pay for it... (this includes the yearly doctor's visit to obtain the prescription.

without insurance, the cost somewhere between $30-$50 a month...

It is not something required for health or life and it is basically like vitamins and actually cheaper than vitamins.

and, this is where I think you are wrong.
the women's ability to decide when and how many many children she has not only has improved her health, but also the health of the babies she has!!!

www.ahaparenting.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

well, obviously you would know that we've been debating this particular issue on and off now on ats, for quite awhile, like every time a new law is passed, or new investigation of planned parenthood is opened, ect...
we've been discussing it, that's why I asked where have you been???

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

well, obviously you would know that we've been debating this particular issue on and off now on ats, for quite awhile, like every time a new law is passed, or new investigation of planned parenthood is opened, ect...
we've been discussing it, that's why I asked where have you been???

Again, I have been right here.

I do not think this a real issue in the sense that anyone should worry about it. So that is why I haven't engaged in some of the threads. That's my opinion - am I allowed to have an opinion?

You folks can get all frothing at the mouth if you wish. But you're fighting the wrong battle in my opinion and this whole thing is just a waste of time and a strawman argument to stir people up.

But feel free to carry on. The rest of us will focus on issues that matter on your behalf.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

HAHAHA HAHAHA! Oh wait...that wasn't a satire piece?

You're serious?

I can't believe people think Trump is going to ban birth control. Get a grip liberals!!!! This is insane fear mongering.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

giving the unborn the same rights as the mother could cause it to happen though...
and they really want to pass an amendment that does this...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I can't believe people think Trump is going to ban birth control

No, not Trump. He'll just defund Planned Parenthood and appoint judges who will overturn Roe V Wade. He promised!

The GOP promised to enact a constitutional amendment that would ban many forms of birth control and abortion. Trump has publicly committed to backing and signing it, if it excludes rape, incest and the life of the mother, things that GOP doesn't care about.

Do you think that Trump and the GOP are lying about this? Why?

edit on 10-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I can't believe people think Trump is going to ban birth control

No, not Trump. He'll just defund Planned Parenthood and appoint judges who will overturn Roe V Wade. He promised!

The GOP promised to enact a constitutional amendment that would ban many forms of birth control and abortion. Trump has publicly committed to backing and signing it, if it excludes rape, incest and the life of the mother, things that GOP doesn't care about.

Do you think that Trump and the GOP are lying about this? Why?

No I think he was talking strictly about abortion. I don't think he would sign a law that bans birth control. Republicans would never win elected office again as people all across the ideological spectrum use birth control and there would be major backlash. MOST people that have a problem with abortion have no problems with birth control

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I don't think he would sign a law that bans birth control.

He said he would. THE SANCTITY AND DIGNITY OF HUMAN LIFE Constitutional Amendment would ban the almost all forms of hormonal contraceptives, like the IUD, the Pill and Plan B, because they create a hostile environment in the uterus so that a fertilized egg can't implant. ABORTION!

Trump said that he would sign it as long as it had 3 exceptions, rape, incest and the life of the mother. Pro lifers were upset about that! Donald Trump “Absolutely” Wants to Change GOP Platform to Promote Abortion in Cases of Rape

Promote abortion in cases of rape, or allow it in cases of rape? You decide?
edit on 10-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

but, honestly, how long have they been trying to get that one or two states that they need to pass the era? constitutional amendments are rather hard to get...
so much of a bother...
much easier to keep doing what they are doing...
defunding planned parenthood would cut access to birth control for many women.
having the only health clinics and hospitals in an area operating under catholic rulership will also.
allowing pharmacies to decide they just won't carry them will also...
removing it from insurance policies (because they see it as them paying for it if they are dealing with the same insurance company) will...
and one thing is for sure, a trump presidency is unlikely to do anything about the growth of the catholic hospital system or their policies when it comes to women's reproduction.
and they will most likely at least to attempt to go after planned parenthood, and probably any other spending that is designed to cover women's healthcare.
and, well, they are likely to just send our entire healthcare system into the trash bin if they try to remove obamacare in a reckless manner.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

A: “Yes I would. Absolutely, for the three exceptions, I would,” he said. Trump was then pressed further and asked if he would make an exception to protect the “health” of the mother. “I would leave it for the life of the mother, but I would absolutely have the three exceptions.”

so, her health doesn't matter, just her life...
does he realize that it takes more than just being alive to take care of a child? being able to function is just as important.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

but, honestly, how long have they been trying to get that one or two states that they need to pass the era? constitutional amendments are rather hard to get... so much of a bother...

Hmmm...It's harder than I thought! That makes me feel better.

Amending the United States Constitution is no small task. This page will detail the amendment procedure as spelled out in the Constitution

The first method is for a bill to pass both houses of the legislature, by a two-thirds majority in each. Once the bill has passed both houses, it goes on to the states. This is the route taken by all current amendments. Because of some long outstanding amendments, such as the 27th, Congress will normally put a time limit (typically seven years) for the bill to be approved as an amendment.

Regardless of which of the two proposal routes is taken, the amendment must be ratified, or approved, by three-fourths of states. There are two ways to do this, too. The text of the amendment may specify whether the bill must be passed by the state legislatures or by a state convention. See the Ratification Convention Page for a discussion of the make up of a convention. Amendments are sent to the legislatures of the states by default. Only one amendment, the 21st, specified a convention. In any case, passage by the legislature or convention is by simple majority.

The Constitution, then, spells out four paths for an amendment:
www.usconstitution.net...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Do you guys have the same problem of reading these counter arguments in a Eric Cartman Voice? I just can't help it, like a whiny rebuttal.

Anyways, the President cant do much without the grace of congress and senate and guess what, many of them want to get elected again, so they want to make sure the majority of people are happy where they are from.

I already had to explain to my kids that because Trump won, the world was not going to end, " thanks Johnny and Jane Public " more kids have been interested in elections this year than any other, only if they were of proper maturity to understand it...

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join