It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies; Get Your Birth Control NOW While You Still Can

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Changes won’t come immediately, but Vice President-elect Mike Pence is promising that some of the laws he believes are anti-Christian will be repealed as soon as possible. In a recent interview, Pence restated his commitment to abolishing birth control mandates and bathroom choice protection for Transgender people.

Mike Pence has also been clear that he would like to defund Planned Parenthood, and overturn Roe v. Wade, the landmark decision legalizing abortion, says LifeNews. Pence claims that along with Donald Trump, he will uphold the Hyde Amendment that prevents taxpayer dollars to be used for things that are “morally objectionable.”
lin k

Donald on the issues:link
Not acceptable to rip baby from womb in 9th month. (Oct 2016)
Overturn Roe v, Wade and return abortion laws to the states. (Oct 2016)
Millions are helped by Planned Parenthood, but defund it. (Feb 2016)
Planned Parenthood does great work on women's health. (Feb 2016)
Defund Planned Parenthood. (Oct 2015)

Planned Parenthood is important, but abortions must stop. (Aug 2015)
I have evolved on abortion issue, like Reagan evolved. (Aug 2015)
Ban late abortions; exceptions for rape, incest or health. (Jun 2015)
Undecided on embryonic stem cell research. (Apr 2011)
I am now pro-life; after years of being pro-choice. (Apr 2011)
I changed my views to pro-life based on personal stories. (Apr 2011)
I am pro-life; fight ObamaCare abortion funding. (Feb 2011)
Pro-choice, but ban partial birth abortion. (Jul 2000)
Favors abortion rights but respects opposition. (Dec 1999)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: windword

So, you think Trump and the GOP are lying then? If you don't believe Trump's own words and the GOP platform promises, why did you vote for them?

Stop.

Just stop.

You're making an ass-hat out of yourself.

Seriously...

I don't see that at all. Help me understand something. What are you judging Trump on if not by his words and ideas and those of the people he's considering appointing? I'm not trying to pick a fight here. I really want to know.

I'm not judging him at all yet.

*That's* my point.

A lot of crap was flung around by both parties in this election. Let's see what he actually does before passing judgement.

Words during an election cycle are cheap.

Actions are all.

If/when he does do something re: birth control - which is a ridiculous premise on it's face - c'mon, then I'll be happy to engage on this topic.

Until then, everyone needs to take a deep breath and stop the BS.

It's nauseating.

Does that help clarify my thinking?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

[snore]

See my response to underwerks above...
edit on 11/10/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Oh, okay. You'll be ready to talk about and engage us in conversation the day after it's done.

Got it!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Oh, okay. You'll be ready to talk about and engage us in conversation the day after it's done.

Got it!

Are you intentionally trying to be an idiot?

Of course that is not my position.

If he did want to do something as ridiculously stupid as your OP suggests, there would be a lot of talk and argument among many, here and in the beltway, long before it happens.

You know that....please stop the bull#.
edit on 11/10/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

[snore]

See my response to underwerks above...

Yeah I get it. You just deny all evidence including the fact that Pence the new VP has confirmed his commitment to doing these things and Trumps own words on these very specific issues.

I get it. You're assuming that they are both lying and that we should all just wait until they actually act on these things they've already said they'll be doing. Fantastic advice there bud. Wait until it's too late to do anything. Great Plan.

Snore is the right response from you though. Because it's clear you're choosing to be asleep.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

If he did want to do something as ridiculously stupid as your OP suggests, there would be a lot of talk and argument among many, here and in the beltway, long before it happens.

Hello????? It's being talked about. People are already reacting to it.

WAKE UP!!!! You're sleeping through it.....

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

where have you been??? they've been trying all along, and we've been arguing all along...
this election has just gave them a few more inches to their goalpost.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
OMG...birth control isn't going away and neither is abortion. Don't get your panties in a bunch. If anything...and I mean anything...abortion may get a time limit. You know...something like after six months it is no longer just the woman's choice but also the child's. AND I AM 100% FOR BOTH BIRTH CONTROL AND FREEDOM OF CHOICE!!! What I'm not for is a working, comfortable woman having her birth control paid for by others. Buy it yourself. If you can't afford it...we will provide it to you. But maybe we won't force the nuns to pony up the money.

Get over it. So little will change with the exception of correcting wrongs. Oh...yeah...and you may have to use the bathroom named for your biological sex.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

So, you think Trump and the GOP are lying then? If you don't believe Trump's own words and the GOP platform promises, why did you vote for them?

Stop.

Just stop.

You're making an ass-hat out of yourself.

Seriously...

I don't see that at all. Help me understand something. What are you judging Trump on if not by his words and ideas and those of the people he's considering appointing? I'm not trying to pick a fight here. I really want to know.

I'm not judging him at all yet.

*That's* my point.

A lot of crap was flung around by both parties in this election. Let's see what he actually does before passing judgement.

Words during an election cycle are cheap.

Actions are all.

If/when he does do something re: birth control - which is a ridiculous premise on it's face - c'mon, then I'll be happy to engage on this topic.

Until then, everyone needs to take a deep breath and stop the BS.

It's nauseating.

Does that help clarify my thinking?

Not really. Do you think it's a good idea to just gloss over the things he said and the ideas that got him elected? It strikes me as foolish to overlook the very real things a person has said he stands for, especially when you're trying to figure out what his policies are.

I understand some people voted for Trump knowing how much of a human wind sock he is, but the amount of people I've seen since the election that bury their heads in the sand when it comes to Trumps own ideas is staggering.

You don't want to judge him right now, cool.

Until he actually does something, those of us who are trying to figure out his policies have to base our thinking on something. I'm not content to wait until he's overturned Roe v Wade before I feel justified in speaking about it. Especially when he's already made his intentions clear.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Oh so you're into orgy's?

Well why didnt you say so.

Good luck with that!

Rape is different.

If women wore berka's it wouldn't be an issue.
edit on 10-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Why do you keep repeating BS false Right Wing Lies???

We have laws against late term abortions already.

People do pay for their own Birth Control.

Nuns aren't being forced to pony up any money for others Birth Control.

The things you mention are not real problems. They are wrong. They've been addressed already.

Which means any movement on those issues at this point are only going to be going beyond those things at this point.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Okay. So you also think that Trump, Pence and the GOP are lying about their intentions.

What is your stance if they're not lying, and do intend to follow through on their promises? Do you support the plan to defund Planned Parenthood, appoint judges that will overturn Roe V Wade and/or enact a constitutional amendment that bans abortion and most birth control methods?
edit on 10-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I'm not content to wait until he's overturned Roe v Wade before I feel justified in speaking about it. Especially when he's already made his intentions clear.

Quite valid. Otherwise the next thing that is heard is "you should have said something".
edit on 11/10/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

Oh so you're into orgy's?

Well why didnt you say so.

Good luck with that!

Orgies??? WTF are you talking about??? Are you mental or a compulsive liar???

I have a wife of 16 years who I like to have sex with you moron!!! When did I mention an orgy???

Saying I like to have sex without having to worry about having kids doesn't mean I'm into orgies. Are you really this dumb or are you just being intentionally stupid???

You are actually too ignorant to even have a discussion with you know that??? How on earth do you make it through a single day without killing yourself accidentally???

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

????
wtf?? where did orgies come into the discussion??

let me ask you something. I don't know weather your are a male or a female, if you are married or not...
but, let's say that you are married, or at least hope to be someday...
are you prepared to live the rest of your married live, till death do yous part, celibate when your mate decides they don't want to grow their family anymore??

that is what you are suggesting.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21506278]mOjOm How on earth do you make it through a single day without killing yourself accidentally???

Whoa man i think your hostilities are in need of a major check.

Insulting, attacking and battle steam leaking from your inner resentment.I feel for you, i really do, and get that looked at ok.

edit on 10-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Well then let me explain my hostile attitude.

It has to do with the fact that we both know full well that you're most likely not a complete moron. That you probably are fairly intelligent and have some grasp upon reality and that to a large degree you and I share that same reality.

So if that is true and you are of at least a minimum level of intelligence. While at the same time making accusations that I must be into orgies simply because I said I like to enjoy sex without risk of pregnancy. It means you must making those accusations because you're intentionally just trolling and being an asshole on purpose. Because an intelligent normal person wouldn't make that jump in a conversation. Only a complete moron would make such a leap.

So if you're not a moron, then you must just be a Troll and A-hole out to cause confusion, start a fight, be a pain in everyone's ass, etc....

Now, if I'm wrong, please do explain your side of it. Because that is what I'm seeing and that is why I'm hostile. Because dealing with POS lying Assh*le trolls is really getting tiresome lately.

But again. If I've made a mistake in my evaluation of our interaction together and there is another side to this, let me know so I can correct my mistaken theory.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Hey, wait a minute here.

Honestly i read what you typed out as you meaning you're a 'Loose' kinda Guy.

If you didnt, my apologies.

Next, calling me names and interpreting my answer based on my opinion as apposed to your 'opinion' was uncalled for. Attacking me isn't going to make it easier, but rather, harder. Conversing without insult, wouldnt you agree?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

there won't be anymore tubal litigations anymore either, and heaven help the women who runs into complications while pregnant...

As far as healthcare goes, it is quite evident that OB/Gyn, family planning, STD prevention, etc. are all closely related. The funding for which is also, at least should be, closely tied together.

Back in the old 1970s a close female relative had ovarian problems after her first daughter was born. An ovary was removed. The Gynecologic Surgeon recommended that she then have as many children as she wanted sooner rather than later because her remaining ovary didn't look to be in good shape, probably would have to be removed also within 5 years. She had two more children before having the last ovary removed.

I found a blog page describing the Roman Catholic position on tubal ligations and vasectomy.

The short answer for why Catholics don’t practice permanent sterilization is the same one you’ll get for why Catholics don’t use any other form of contraception: it isn’t broken.

For those of us who are called to marriage and to parenthood, the invitation to participate directly in God’s creative process by bringing forth new human life is a staggering, gut-wrenching responsibility.

Vasectomies and tubal ligations take the “I will not serve” of contraception and carry it a step further, beyond the moment to moment “not this time” of hormonal contraceptives and barrier methods. They allow us to say with our bodies, in effect, I will not act in accordance with my nature, not now, and not at any point in the future.
The Catholic Church (and, up until about 100 years ago, all of Christianity) opposes contraception because it is in direct defiance of the very first thing that He commanded us to do, once He created us, man and woman.

Do you remember?

Be fruitful, and multiply.
I’m Catholic, can I get a vasectomy/tubal ligation?

As Windword has been pointing out, IUDs and Birth control pills prevent pregnancy by causing the uterine wall to be hostile to the implantation of the fertilized egg onto the uterine wall. The joining of egg and sperm takes place usually in the fallopian tube. For those who consider that life begins at fertilization, that translates to "life is aborted" by IUD and birth control pills. That's where American Evangelicalism and Roman Catholic views are the same (broadly speaking).

That's why IUDs and pills can become illegal through legislation under a single party (GOP) government. Condoms and diaphragm/spermicide not so much, since GOP is more Evangelical than RCC.

Here's a complication:

Ectopic pregnancy, also known as eccyesis or tubal pregnancy, is a complication of pregnancy in which the embryo attaches outside the uterus.
The rate of ectopic pregnancy is about 1 and 2% that of live births in developed countries, though it may be as high as 4% among those using assisted reproductive technology. It is the most common cause of death during the first trimester at approximately 10% of the total.

edit on 10-11-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join