It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Why Hillary Lost

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: MotherMayEye

"I'm with her." That was her slogan. "

" I'm For You " would have been a little better Slogan , and Inclusive for All Americans . She Never tried to Appeal to others Outside Her Base Support . A Death Sentence in Politics .

Can't argue that.

*clink*

Glad she lost and her appeal to be the first woman president was not enough to carry the day.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
she lost because America is tired of the same minds in the office for the past 25 years. it hasn't changed, they try to separate and divide us the people while their behind closed doors laughing it all up and being best buddies.

taking our jobs away, sending Americans to live on the streets, creating and making sure war was nonstop in the middle east, our country has been on a down hill slope since the early 90s when clinton first got in office, and made a joke of the White-house and of America. Sadly the Bushes wasn't any better and omg obama the damage he done, WOW!!!!

I WANT AMERICA BACK AGAIN! I AM HOPING BEYOND ALL THAT TRUMP CAN DO IT OR AT LEAST TRY HIS BEST. HE HAS OVER TWO DECADES TO ERASE, THAT'S NOT GOING TO BE EASY!
edit on 9-11-2016 by Shar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
Her only message was " stronger together" then she would nod her head while flashing that stupid grin of hers.

everytime she did that I kept thinking that she must think she is talking to a bunch of 6 year olds.

I felt like that as well. Especially her lies, they were not even creative. Emails to Bill? Yeah right. He said he does not use email so now what. She never answered that one and the media would not go near it. Yoga? Nobody ever did vogue for that one. Just stupid lies, why even say that, just say personal and leave at at that. Her staff would create new lies to cover the old ones and it went on and on and on. Then the convenience part. Couple of servers in your house that you have to maintain with special staff. Not convenient at all. Just nonsense. Trump told tall tales as well but his were not nearly as retarded.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Stronger together is a good message. what are you talking about?

You're right. That IS a good slogan, however, she also used "I'm with her" as in "Follow me because I'm right."

So which is it? That's confusing. on the one hand the first is a message of unity. The second message is one of 'follow the leader and that's me." The two are incompatible. Trump's message: "Make America great again." In other words, we've lost something here and we all know it. Let's kick the bastards out ad do it ourselves (together.) He didn't even mention himself. It reminds me of the WWII slogan, "We can do it!" with a picture of Rosie the Riveter. A very easily comprehended slogan that meant, "It's us against them."

link   
Why Hillary Lost?

(I'll take that one Alex)

What is, because she's the embodiment of corruption and evil?

*ding ding ding*
(that is correct and it's still your turn...........)

link   
Why Hillary Lost?

(I'll take that one Alex)

What is, because she's the embodiment of corruption and evil?

*ding ding ding*
(that is correct and it's still your turn...........)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Then why did she actually win the popular vote?

If we didn't have the antiquated electoral college system Hillary would be president

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I totally agree with you.

As for message...Indeed she relied too much on Trump is a dog message.

You have to have a positive message by positive I mean an assertive like Trump or Obama to get the simple idea around your candidacy. Ideas work and can overcome negative stuff like Trump had on him

And that message has to be simple, direct and concise. She was too much all over the place

She should have just took Bernie’s message

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Human_Alien

She won the popular vote

It will take some time for the Trump brainwashing to wash off

Hillary is no more evil than George Bush

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hillary’s message could have been

Something like a simple acronym

Make America Prosperous

She could have called it MAP America or something like that, simple, plain and concise

Or Prosperity all levels

I’m your PAL

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Shar

If all that were true Trump would have creamed her. He won this barely ONLY because the electoral college system... She won the popular vote.
Hillary lost on technique and maybe the Comey actions

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

If we didn't have the antiquated electoral college system Hillary would be president

It's not antiquated. It's more relevant than ever. Trump won 30-20. Here's an explanation: www.abovetopsecret.com... It's not just about YOU. Here's what the election looks like by county.

edit on 11/9/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Many people feel it doesn’t reflect reality or democratic principles.

Of course if your man won as Bush did in 2000 with this system and Trump yesterday of course you like it.

Its still unfair, unjust and doesn’t reflect the will of ALL the people

www.washingtonpost.com...

Under any system, candidates try to spend their time in places where they can reach the most voters. But in a direct election, with every vote counting equally, candidates would have an incentive to appeal to voters everywhere, not just those in swing states. Because the price of advertising is mainly a function of market size, it does not cost more to reach 10,000 voters in Wyoming than it does to reach 10,000 voters in New York or Los Angeles.

edit on 9-11-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Did you vote?

If you did, then you consented to vote in this electoral-college system and it's too late to say you don't actually consent, after all.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

No, no, no. It wasn't her fault that she lost---not at all. It was those pesky Russians hacking the voting machines. They liked the Donald better and thought they'd already gotten all they could get out of her.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
While the crux of her loss might be that she lacked a message, and it can probably be summed up that way and is very true in my opinion, I'm also fairly persuaded that it was all the factors people had to compare to her lack of message that defeated her.

The evidence that people just "weren't feeling" her was there all along, but will only be understood now retroactively imho.

• If you look at some of the exit polls, they're saying that 29% of Latinos voted for Trump, but more damagingly in a year with a much higher Latino turnout than ever before, only 65% of them voted for her. That's 6% less than Obama got. Despite everything Trump said about deporting undocumented immigrants, Clinton couldn't woo them.
  • Trump wasn't just generically underpolled... he was underpolled among white college educated people, the people polls and analysts all agreed would elect Clinton. This was not just a purely rural victory. Clinton's vote was split in crucial places like Philadelphia where her margin of the vote over Trump (in a state she lost) wasn't higher than Obama's, and was more pale blue than solid blue in areas.
  • The progressive wing of the Democratic party wanted aggressive change, not what they viewed as more of the same. They got so close to a taste of that with Sanders, I suspect many - or at least enough of them to matter - were so unenthused by Clinton's nomination that they stayed home or even voted Trump just to throw a spanner in the works, or out of indignation toward her and the DNC for discussing how they could sabotage his campaign in those emails. It should be evident by how well Trump did in Michigan and elsewhere that at least some of Bernie's coalition stayed home or went Trump, no matter how ideologically incompatible they may seem.
  • This is the part that many liberals (and I am one) don't address enough and I think ignoring it for as long as they have came back to haunt her and the Democrats (one of whom I am not - not all liberals are Democrats, incidentally) but I feel it's an important lesson: many conservatives in this country are really smarting economically, and at least some of that is the result of Democratic party policy that ignores white rural poverty. This is why I disagree with those who say the chief message of Trump's election is that America is far more racist and/or sexist than anyone thought. I think there's some element of that... but I don't believe it's the core factor. I believe the core factor is deep - and frankly, justifiable - anger among white working class Americans who find themselves in or on the cusp of poverty. I may not always agree with them ideologically, but I definitely see their dire straights and believe that all Americans - including them - have to be offered hope by any administration that wants to be deemed a success, and that has not happened after successive administrations for these people. This was a blind spot, and the Democratic candidate looking down on and frequently insulting these same people, certainly didn't help either. We've got to set aside our prejudices and partisan instincts, and care about everyone. Leave none behind, regardless of their beliefs. Enough writing people off on either side in my opinion. We're all human, and all American, and none of us are perfect.
  • At the same time, the African American vote was down 1% from when Obama ran. So Clinton lost some of the support of black voters as well. This too has clear reasons in my opinion. Obama came to office during a period of heightened racial tensions in the U.S., tension that has only increased since then despite him initially coming to prominence in part due to speeches and platform positions that promised real change on this front. With recent events, I don't know about anyone else, but many of my black friends - regardless of how liberal they may be - have seemed fed up with the lack of action on this front, especially as it pertains to law enforcement. Whether you agree or disagree with them, that can't have helped Clinton, who seemed even less likely to address it than Obama in their eyes. (And I can't say I disagree with them personally.)
  • We are experiencing a wave of populist desire, coupled with increased political activism. People want change. Massive change. And they are fed up enough to not necessarily care what form it even comes in. Once the DNC failed to put up a candidate that tapped into that (and in my opinion, failed to even perceive that this was possibly the biggest factor and force in this election,) Trump became the only option that seemed "other" and had a viable chance of winning in a lot of people's minds, whether that turns out to be the case in reality or not. They took the gamble.
  • This part will sound crazy, and I'm not asserting it's the case, but I really do have to still wonder if there's not a chance this or something like this may have been in play as well lol: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So did she lack a message? I believe so, yes. But I also think it was the lack of persuasive reasons not to not vote for her (double negative, sorry.) Someone (lots of someones actually) said, "you have to have a reason to vote for someone, not just against someone else." She didn't provide that reason to enough off her potential voters, and Trump, through a combination of the above factors, won over enough of those people to bring them over to his constituency.

I didn't vote for either of them, but I think we need to address all of the above - especially what I said about white working class Americans' economic woes being important in addition to protections for minorities and vulnerable groups of all kinds and backgrounds because ignoring one or the other both don't work imho - and truly be sensitive to the needs and beliefs of all rather than simply trying to do things for one half of the country or the other without compromise, or this isn't going away.

That red cannot all be racist, sexist, or what have you. No, that red represents people. They are our countrymen and women, and have to be heard, respected, and cared for whether we always agree with them or not. Or the anger that elected Donald Trump will only grow. And the anger on the left in response will as well. That's not a recipe for uniting our country. The left should, imho, be humble and learn from this to care about the other half of the country. And I say that as someone probably further left than any Democrat.

Peace.

edit on 11/9/2016 by AceWombat04 because: Typos

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I disagree, she did adopted Obama message of hope and change, I remember her saying those words a few times, the problem was that Obama hope and change was already exhausted.

I think she lost because she was told that she was going to win this elections and didn't have to worry about Trump.

I have to say that her lost got me completely surprised, I never would have dreamed that she was going to lose this elections, no when the polls and media was propping her as the next president

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

That's a very comprehensive analysis, Ace, I love it.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
She lost because we are all sick of Clinton corruption. White water, Monica Lewinsky, auctioning off the Lincoln bedroom, not to mention the newer stuff.
The D N C is to blame. They crammed her down our throats. I think Bernie could have beat Trump, if only on not saying such terrible crap every day.
We didn't elect Trump. We elected Not Hillary.
edit on 120162016k23011America/Chicagothpm by Look2theSacredHeart because: Whitewater

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join