It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Why Hillary Lost

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It’s not as complicated as all the pundits will be constructing.

I will deconstruct their complex constructions with this plain and simple reason why Hillary lost

Hillary Clinton lost this election not for emails or anything other than she didn’t have a message.

Most successful presidential campaigns have clear and precise messages. Hillary lost both of hers because she didn’t have one…Against Obama in 2008 and against Trump yesterday.

Even her husband complained that her campaign didn’t have a clear enough message, in fact one would be hard pressed to even identify what Hillary’s message of 2016 was.

In contrast Obama had a message of “Hope and Change”

Trump “Make America great again”

What was Hillary’s?

Of course none of these guys ever really carry out these themes in office and its very unlikely Trump will succeed.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Because americans were intelligent enough not to elect a traitorous criminal as president .

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

While I see your point I don't think it matters as much what's on the bottom of a sign in a yard (this year I barely saw any).

People showed they wanted something different nation wide. That's what they voted for. If she had a different sign she still would have lost.

We've seen what dynasty politicians give us and are over it.

link   
a reply to: WilltellNo she loss for calling Americans deplorable, homophobic, mysoginist, racist, bigots.

link   

She lost because she is unlikeable. It's that simple, there was no enthusiasm so many stayed home.

I would like to say it was because she is a super criminal, and has horrible policies but I know better than to think those were the main reasons.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
No, she lost because at its most basic level, few had trust in her with her trail of corruption, to the point independents and undecideds preferred to go with the risk in Donald and attempt to confront the corruption Hillary represents.

Hillary simply represented all that is wrong in Wash and this election became a full on us vs the establishment/globalist scenario.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I'd argue that you're partially spot-on. Her messaging was atrocious. I'm with her? Not a good message. We don't care about her - we care about issues... And when it came to those she ran away every time she was pressed.

But there's also the fact that early on she ostracized a massive part of her own base by going dirty against Bernie, pivoted right almost instantly after being nominated and then bragging about all of the Republicans and big money donors who were supporting her.

The fact that she openly embraced things that are seen by just about everyone as corrupt didn't help at all.

Oh and also the inescapable truth... She's a deeply unlikable person just in general.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You are correct that she didn't have a message. And by that, I don't mean a slogan. She did have a slogan. So did Trump.

The difference was that Trump ALSO had a message.

Trump's slogan: Make American Great Again.
Hillary's slogan: We're stronger together.

Both mindless filler, IMHO.

However, Trump's message REALLY appealed to disenfranchised blue-collar white voters:

1) Your jobs have been stolen by big-money globalists
2) Your borders are being invaded by terrorists and criminals
3) Corruption in politics has ruined opportunities for working class families
4) I'm Donald J Trump, and I'm going to fix all this stuff

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
She lost b/c she does not have the respect and trust of the American people. Plus, we're all just tired of Clintons and Bushes and other entrenched families that think they are royalty.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

She counted her chickens before they hatched. Nothing is a given in life and she thought she had it in the bag and didn't put her all into to the campaign. You are right about her not having much of a message. She has a lot of baggage more than she could carry.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Here are *some* of the reasons as to why Hillary lost:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

Hillary's slogan: We're stronger together.

Yet she was a dividing force among the lefts voters!

There is no doubt, her and her supporters attacks on Sanders, cost her the election; it was the cause of those many hacks that wikileaks dumped and is still dumping.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I Agree with your Reasoning here. Hillary Unwittingly projected an Aura of Indifference towards not only her Rabid Supporters , but to all other Voters out there during this Election . There was not enough Emphasis on her Economic Plan , or her Questionable Foreign Policy Statements . Her Support for Obamacare was another Negative towards Voters who Realize it was Very Flawed to begin with . She will be to Old to Run again , and the Dems will need to find a New Champion in 2020 . Who that will be is Anybodies Guess .

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Her only message was " stronger together" then she would nod her head while flashing that stupid grin of hers.

everytime she did that I kept thinking that she must think she is talking to a bunch of 6 year olds.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I agree with a lot of this, and also, she has little charisma. It's hard to define. John F. Kennedy had it. I think Obama has it. Bill Clinton had it and Trump has it. Nixon did not. Eisenhower did not. Truman did not, but both Roosevelts did. We could go on.

Another issue is that Hillary basically said, "Vote for me because I am a woman and it's time to get a woman in the White House." That turned a lot of people off, including a lot of women. I'd love to see a woman in the White House--just not Hillary. I think people felt a kind of dissonance there. It just didn't quite fit. As usual these days, it was very close.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

"I'm with her." That was her slogan.

It was actually a very strong brand message compared to 2008 -- she floundered to find a slogan completely.

Thankfully, it was not enough to guilt people into electing her. In fact, it was a complete NON-FACTOR.

Hillary lost because people are sick and fvcking tired of corruption and having the media shove the 'chosen' candidate down our throats.

Trump won because he reached people who felt tossed aside for the last 8 years.

I didn't vote for Hillary because of the corruption. Trump didn't reach me, but I am soooo ok that he reached enough people to win this.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Stronger together is a good message

what are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
She lost because the economy sucks and people didn't want 4 more years of his policies.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I agree with a lot of this, and also, she has little charisma. It's hard to define. John F. Kennedy had it. I think Obama has it. Bill Clinton had it and Trump has it. Nixon did not. Eisenhower did not. Truman did not, but both Roosevelts did. We could go on.

Another issue is that Hillary basically said, "Vote for me because I am a woman and it's time to get a woman in the White House." That turned a lot of people off, including a lot of women. I'd love to see a woman in the White House--just not Hillary. I think people felt a kind of dissonance there. It just didn't quite fit. As usual these days, it was very close.

Jesus, if she just stumbled and then laughed at herself...anything to make her relatable or human. She didn't even know how to add a little charm to herssself.

Nothing. She was a robot.

Maybe it's her generation. I'm in my early 40s (read as: 45). I think it will be a woman from my generation, or younger, that can just have some fun with it all and not worry about every little faux pas. A woman who will win can make the faux pas work in her favor.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

"I'm with her." That was her slogan. "

" I'm For You " would have been a little better Slogan , and Inclusive for All Americans . She Never tried to Appeal to others Outside Her Base Support . A Death Sentence in Politics .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join