It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

P M C Mercs In Iraq Photo Request

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Im doing some research and need any photos of mercs in Iraq Ive been trying to use the Military Photos site but cannot join for some reason . Thanks in advance .

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Heres one found right on ATS

Notice he also has the XM-8 the future US service rifle.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I get the impression that this guy is more likly to be US SF isnt he Shadow? Seeing as he has an XM-8?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
I get the impression that this guy is more likly to be US SF isnt he Shadow? Seeing as he has an XM-8?

Well hes a ex-Navy seal he sadly is no longer alive

"Chris Neidrich of Clearwater was a former Navy SEAL who had worked as a bodyguard since since 1993. He died Saturday in Iraq in a gunbattle."
By VICKIE CHACHERE The Associated Press
Published: Jun 8, 2004

news.tbo.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It highlights how dangerous bodyguard work is in Iraq. My respects go to him and and my sympathies to his family.
I would be interested to know where he got the XM-8. Unofficial field test maybe?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Unofficial field test maybe?

Thats exactly what I was thinking the information you could gain from real combat use would be very valuable to the military before they start giving them to troops. He also had a M-4 in the pic perhaps as a backup.

PMC work in Iraq is indeed dangerous one of my friends was offered a job and the were going to pay him $200k cash after a tour in Iraq. They showed him all the statistics of just how dangerous it was upfront and he declined the offer.

Clownface found the article not sure who found the original picture as they are as banned member.

[edit on 25-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It would make sense that he had the M4 as backup just in case of a stoppage. The M4 is small enough not to be too cumbersome and i would rather have a rifle than have to rely on a pistol if it got a bit sticky. Is the M4 ammo interchangable with the XM-8?
The info they would get from a field test in Iraq would be invaluable, prob the most Weapon unfriendly place on earth.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ya thanks guys I have that 1 saved so keep em coming thanks .

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I found these photos of mercenaries working for Blackwater USA...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

. Is the M4 ammo interchangable with the XM-8?

The ammo is interchangable along with the clips I believe. The Army is thinking about changing the XM-8 over to a more powerful 6.8 round though. People have been complaining about the 5.56 stopping power for awhile and it would be smart to change with the introduction of the XM-8 if their going to do it.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Here's one from Aegis Defense Systems...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The 6.8 is a nice compromise between the 5.56 and 7.62 rounds i think. I prefer the 7.62 myself as it has some awesome stopping power. I have witnessed first hand in the Balkans the kind of a mess the 7.62 can do.
But the 6.8 would be a pretty good balance between stopping power and weight.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geneticus
Here's one from Aegis Defense Systems...

I dont know but something about these guys screams Spetznatz

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
AKs and H2s are they rappers or mercs.

Good picture the Hands of Victory Monument is perhaps the most famous monument in all of Iraq.

The monument was slated to be destroyed by allied bombing during the last days of of Desert Storm, but was spared due to a legal opinion that the monument was protected under provisions of the Law of War.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The 6.8 is a nice compromise between the 5.56 and 7.62 rounds i think. I prefer the 7.62 myself as it has some awesome stopping power. I have witnessed first hand in the Balkans the kind of a mess the 7.62 can do.
But the 6.8 would be a pretty good balance between stopping power and weight.

Remington has developed a really impressive 6.8 round with their 6.8x43mm SPC. It provides one MOA accuracy out to more than 600 meters. It has a flight path almost identical to that of the .308 Winchester, less chamber pressure than the .223 and fits into the M16 magazine envelope. Tests in 10 percent ballistic gelatin show incapacitation as good or better than the .308.

www.rifleshootermag.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This is great people thanks if anyone can find the ones on military pictures website and post em here that would be awsome thanks again .

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Its the lack of eyes. All spetznaz troopers have their eyes removed and a blurry patch of skin wrapped over them in a old ceremony 'inwolwing much wodka'

This is great people thanks if anyone can find the ones on military pictures website

What are oyu using these pics for?

[edit on 25-1-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Im using these pictures for a presentation Im working on I have been trying to get on the military photos website but it keeps saying I am all ready a member ! So I came along this site .

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Impressing pictures!

If I had sufficient military experience and nothing to lose I would have gladly done this job...

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Its the lack of eyes. All spetznaz troopers have their eyes removed and a blurry patch of skin wrapped over them in a old ceremony 'inwolwing much wodka'

[edit on 25-1-2005 by Nygdan]

Heh, heh. I was thinking more along the lines of the big Cossack Moustaches and the Russian Weapons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join