It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some advice It's roommate problems

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

yeah - just like I am telling anti-smoking control freaks to shove it where the sun don't shine as well.

What is the matter, shocked and stunned at being in a discussion where you DON'T get patted on the back for quitting smoking and supporting (yeah like we got a choice) others to so as well?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

yeah - just like I am telling anti-smoking control freaks to shove it where the sun don't shine as well.

What is the matter, shocked and stunned at being in a discussion where you DON'T get patted on the back for quitting smoking and supporting (yeah like we got a choice) others to so as well?

Tired of Control Freaks

No, laughing at your username. Tired of yourself? Control freaks never tire of telling people what to do. Like I didn't reply to you in the first place nor should you speak for others or put words in their mouth.

Now we've dragged this off topic, this will be the last reply to you, "tired of control freaks".

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Glad to hear it! I have been listening to anti-smoking rhetoric for 60 years!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

While I don't generally like political correctness (im pretty course in day to day life), i see no reason to be a source of angst for people I live with. You know...toothbrushes and whatnot.

There's this saying about catching bee's, and vinegar....

I took up vaping because of my own health concerns as I age. My sense of taste returned after a month or so. And i can feel massive health benefit already. Plus it smells and tastes like something good. Usually custard. At a fraction of the cost (if i'd stop trying to make it a hobby to share with my youngest son).

No, i didn't read your link. I probably won't. I understand the gist of what you are saying already.
And while I don't disagree with it too much, I also have to say that I prefer what I am doing now over what I was doing before.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And you know what...that is how it should be. Choices! People being allowed to live their life their own way!

that is what I am fighting for.

But as a former smoker, you know how the anti-smokers lied and lied and lied and lied. I am just warning you that the tactics they used against smokers, they will also use against vapers.

Smoking is more expensive now but vaping is in the line of fire for increased taxation. Don't forget that when they lose a smoker, they lose taxes and they have to get it from somewhere.

There excuse for increased taxation will be health impacts on the public - so they have to follow the same formula. Vaping industry has to be demonized and the public has to be protected.

If you decide to quit vaping - no problem

The anti-obesity crowd is running in for their turn. Demonize the food industry. Protect public health by taxing salt and sugar. Tax base must be protected.

So now you don't smoke, don't vape, don't enjoy your food as much - No problm

Next talk - the demon perfume industry that is making people sick.

There is no end here. The jack boot of public health will be on your neck forever.

I don't care if you smoke. I don't care if you don't. The issue is much much larger than that!

Every single citizen will be subjected to outrageous taxes, every citizen will be made to feel ashamed over something they do that they enjoy, that is not illegal but is subject to "social disapproval". And because they have made to feel ashamed, they will not fight back.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Vaping is already under fire. I live in the country for a reason.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

LOL - I hear you

Tired of Control Freaks

<< 2  3  4   >>

join