It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The end of the minorities

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Yes.

Democrats will eventually embrace the great philosophies of Humanity.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This is a dumpster fire of nonsense. so let me start slow here

originally posted by: darkbake
the social standard for women is entirely different than the one for men.

no kidding. men are expected to do the heavy lifting, pay for drinks, the first date (minimum), not wear thongs, not weep and sob over a movie in public (except for old yeller..if you didn't cry when he shot the dog, you're a damn communist), etc etc.
social standards

There is no need for this.

need, no. its a desire that genders have gravitated towards under a mix of social norms inherited from biological drives mostly, but also some clever marketing and pop culture that often changes (hair length for instant is constantly fluctuating)

Both genders should be paid the same,

Why? we aren't ants. genders aren't paid. individuals are.
I don't make as much as Hillary Clinton..why is that?
oh right..because I have a different job / experience / life choice.
same thing with the wage gap MYTH

and both genders shouldn't be pigeonholed into gender roles.

Gender roles are a outcome of biological norms. Anyone can be and or what they want, but gender roles, the norm, is not a rulebook, but a reactionary observation.
you can read more about this:

Blacks faced the challenge of lifting their families out of slavery,

Not a single damn black person today lifted their family out of slavery in the US..not one.
not their grandparents either.
Now, some black people are still alive today who fought for, and won, civil rights..and high freaking 5 to every single glorious one of them for that.
The black experience is a unique experience in America..they stood up and said no..we are not a separate species, we are not a victim, we are americans and will be treated as equals.

and I respect them enough to where it is time, 50 years later, where we honor that and treat everyone as equals in skintone, gender, etc.

Even after this, they face racism that still exists today.

Racism effects everyone. the best way to end it is to marginalize the racists who try to divide people into catagories based on skintone.
not follow suit.

Muslims now face being denied entrance into the U.S. due to their religion, which is another act of discrimination.

This is a legality that is the only valid thing you said, and that's because I don't see any way this can possibly be handled that is constitutional...you cant discriminate based on religion..you simply cant.
Donald is gonna have some issues there..he will have to not allow any refugees from the middle east (he can do this), but he cant allow in or stop anyone because of a religion. its a all or nothing thing

The struggle minorities face is not over.

the biggest struggle they face are from people who demand they will always be victims..aka, people who push your mindset to ensure feeling disconnected.

I appreciate your desire to make the world less sh*#ty, and believe you are earnest on it, but if you step back and consider all you said, you will find it isn't helping anyone..it is actually divisive.

I will finally give one point.
The Asian equasion.
The Asians in America are a tiny minority. they have dealt with near slavery style bigotry in the past, and today are the most well paid, well educated, least crime riddled communities in the US.
Why?
Because nobody tells them they are constantly a victim. they reject the title, they stand for themselves, learn the system, and excel in all areas.
And are loved by most as a inspiration of what American excellence is.

no more excuses...no more victim cultures. Its time we treat people the same and focus on what is important. the health and wealth of the citizens

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Pessimism is the Drug of those who have Lost All Hope . Good Luck with that .........

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
People should all be treated the same but I see the system being unfair towards blacks, then what is wrong with giving them some of those disadvantages back. Today blacks are being unfairly targeted in that they are charged for crimes and given harsher sentences at a higher rate then for whites. So, legally, something should be done to compensate for that unfairness. There should not be minorities but it is a reality and should be treated as such.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtoj123
People should all be treated the same but I see the system being unfair towards blacks, then what is wrong with giving them some of those disadvantages back. Today blacks are being unfairly targeted in that they are charged for crimes and given harsher sentences at a higher rate then for whites. So, legally, something should be done to compensate for that unfairness. There should not be minorities but it is a reality and should be treated as such.

The whole idea that blacks get harsher sentences than whites is comparing apples to automobiles.

here is how black activists do it.

Black man: robs a store, gets 10 years
White man: robs a store, gets 2 years.

that is whats reported

What isn't reported is that in this comparison, the black man has a long record of robbery and other crimes, the white man has no previous record.

This has been debunked repeatedly.

The next thing they say then is that, the black man has a longer record because of overpatroling of black neighborhoods.

This is another false statement. You can even look no further than simple cultural references on how if a black calls the cops in the hood, it will be damn near 20 minutes for one to show up, but in white neighborhoods, its within a few minutes. They aren't patrolling random black neighborhoods, unless it is a known high crime area.

And that is when you get lots of both white and black poor people arrested..because poverty = crime.

Now, the final route this follows is then a real discussion wondering why black people are disproportunately poor. often they will then blame being a minority = being poor
in which case, the Asian equasion must be brought in..different culture, even a greater minority, and poverty is not a issue..they are actually discriminated against by groups meant to be helping minorities because whenever there are scholarships for minorities who excel at education, they basically take them all, have the highest qualifications for good paying jobs, etc.

What is going on in the black community is a culture of victimhood that could very well be provoked far more by the "helpful" progressives demanding they are victims that cant achieve thigns by themselves

You will find black people in all areas of society. from blue collar working, to tech jobs, etc. You will find a certain thread among the successful though...they don't have the victim mentality. doesn't mean they didn't grow up in the hood..it means they simply seen it not as a culture, but as a starting point. black community is a culture..and the culture is broken and reinforced by "helpful" progressives. they need a ladder, not a bed

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
all i'm getting from this thread - heck, from most recent threads - is that a LOT of atsers really need to do some basic Privelege 101 type reading.
really can't with you lot lately.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

I think you will find this is pushback to that exact type of identity politique. The progressive stack is viewed by many as no more than a tool for authoritarianism, where no matter who you are or what race/gender/sexuality you are, you can be castigated for supposed privilege over another race/gender/sexuality.

Male privilege, white privilege, cis privilege, Asian privilege, class privilege, all used to keep race/gender/sexuality feeling downtrodden, until it is they who are called privileged compared to another group.

I do not think anyone here needs to do any privilege reading, and your post smacks of 'get educated!', the war-cry of failing authoritarians everywhere, from communism to nazism to the far right in Europe to the far left everywhere.

Peaople have had enough of being demonised for their race/gender/sexuality, and that line of attack just wont work against most people anymore.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

that you think being told
"yeah, actually, if you are white/straight/cis life really is just that little bit less brutal for you"
is being demonised
and that the whole thing is just about some sort of banal point scoring

well that says everything, really.

also, i could be wrong so don't quote me, but i'm preeeeetty sure that the nazis weren't exactly red hot on minorities, ethnic, sexual, or otherwise, and i wouldn't say they were clamouring for education about the unique issues faced by those communities. siq leap there though. impressive.
edit on 10-11-2016 by continuousThunder because: i tried but i just couldn't resist that nazi bait. i'm a weak woman.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

If you missed the context, the 'Educate yourself' part of your comment is what I was responding to there. If you don't agree with what 'xyz opinions of the current year/establishment' are, you need reeducation. Get it now?

Nobody thinks being told that their life is not as bad as others is demonization, people think the after effects from years of that way of thinking have caused demonization.

People in general do not like to be told and have legislation in place that detracts from their own successes, and that goes for both the 'protected' classes and the 'privileged'.

The sheer audacity of thinking its acceptable to tar people with 'the sins of the father' rhetoric has sickened people, and that is why the progressive stack is viewed by many as hogwash.

Being denied a job because of your race/sexuality/gender is bad, I'm sure we can agree? Common ground there, I'd hope.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
The day I don't have to check a box with my ethnicity for a job....
The day I don't have to check a box with my ethnicity for a loan...
The day I don't have to check a box with my ethnicity for a BCI...

Or to fill out any government or corporate paperwork...
Is the day when we forget about minorities.

Unfortunately they are used by the corporations and governments to segregate and divide us for monetary gains. Somehow someway.

what an amazing post. Well done.

When the question is asked and there is a box to check for "race" there should only be two choices. "human" and "other".

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
One thing I am praying for is the end of the divisive politics that not only sets groups against each other, but actually creates more groups to be 'angry' about.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

I think its time we stop acknowledging "Minority groups"

There are 4 groups in America
poor, middle class, rich, and obscenely rich.

To 1 there is an illusion of some oppressed not knowing they are controlled by controlled controllers...

And unless some human challenges NATURE the human genetics will continue to bond, altering the race based perceptions of the majority over time.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Wise words from Morgan Freeman .

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

A POTUS should be focused on how to lift up the poor, stabilize the middle, congratulate the rich, and stop taking bribes from the obscenely rich...and that's how to heal the divide.

This is an excellent statement. I must admit to being a bit surprised to find it on ATS, but I thought it was important enough to highlight.

Encourage success, reward success. That's the way forward. Rewarding failure and penalising success might have kept the Dem voterbase in their pocket, but it sucks as a way to run a successful country.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Any division, is divisive. If you are a cool interesting person, I don't need to see your account balance.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Learningman

Being denied a job because of your race/sexuality/gender is bad, I'm sure we can agree? Common ground there, I'd hope.

Not always. Plenty of shelters for women escaping domestic violence will only hire women for some roles. I don't have any issue with that. Do you? Is gender equality really more important than giving a scared, vulnerable woman a chance to feel safe?

In reply to other points being made in this thread: I'm a straight white guy. My life is awesome. It's not awesome because I'm a straight white guy (though it surely helps) but because I get off my hairy arse and make it awesome.

Fortune favours the bold; race/sexuality/gender is just an excuse for the lazy, arrogant, and feckless.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

also, i could be wrong so don't quote me, but i'm preeeeetty sure that the nazis weren't exactly red hot on minorities, ethnic, sexual, or otherwise, and i wouldn't say they were clamouring for education about the unique issues faced by those communities. siq leap there though. impressive.

So you're....
you're gonna go straight to the "you're all Nazi's for disagreeing with me" stuff?

No, I mean you can, but normally there is about 5-6 pages of discussion before one side simply gives up and calls the other literally hitler. normally.
I guess that's what happens in this new twitter age. no time for nuanced discussion..just label everyone and everything you dislike as the 3rd reich and move on. pfft.

A quick counter: everyone at that time, Germany, America, Russia, etc seen women as little more than mothers and breeders. Every nation also had the same general contempt for different races and religions. Not sure where you were going with that.

also, I could be wrong so don't quote me, but i'm preeeeety sure that the Nazi's were setting up a system of equality amongst the citizens that gave free education, healthcare, etc etc etc...
(see how that works)

Enjoy your day and your privilege, westerner.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan

Any division, is divisive. If you are a cool interesting person, I don't need to see your account balance.

I am discussing more on what government should be doing in regards to helping people. scholarship programs, etc.
As far as who I personally like..I judge everyone individually on who they are now, not their skintone, not their gender, not even on if they have things like tattoos, criminal records, a history of womanizing or being a "slut", etc...who they have become is who I am dealing with.

Be a decent person, don't be a victim. if you had a past, learn from it to make you a better person today, and if you cant look past my gender, my race, my religion, my sexual preference, or my birthplace, then go eff off because you don't have anything interesting to discuss anyhow

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan

I am discussing more on what government should be doing in regards to helping people. scholarship programs, etc.
As far as who I personally like..I judge everyone individually on who they are now, not their skintone, not their gender, not even on if they have things like tattoos, criminal records, a history of womanizing or being a "slut", etc...who they have become is who I am dealing with.

Be a decent person, don't be a victim. if you had a past, learn from it to make you a better person today, and if you cant look past my gender, my race, my religion, my sexual preference, or my birthplace, then go eff off because you don't have anything interesting to discuss anyhow

Very cool.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It's exactly that kind of (Nazi, racist, etc) name calling and refusing to acknowledge all the factors that prevent any actual progress from being made.

But you can't say that a (the?) major factor to black poverty is single mothers with no income living off the government.

Pointing out the lack of a father to complete the family structure is either racist or misogynist or both.

Pointing out that it's not "cool" in black culture to do well in school, settle down raise a family, and work 9-5 is again racist.

Pointing out that having a distant family relative that was a slave 300 years ago has nothing to do with their current life choices is yep you guess it, also racist.

Pointing out that poor minorities have worsened greatly under Obama and his Democratic policies is not allowed.

Pointing out it's no

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join