It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The end of the minorities

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I posted this in a different thread but figured it deserves its own little discussion area as it might be fitting for a breakdown in itself
(a person was discussing concern about if Trump will be thinking about minority groups when enacting policy and such)

I think its time we stop acknowledging "Minority groups"

There are 4 groups in America
poor, middle class, rich, and obscenely rich.

Every skintone, gender, religion, etc all will fit into one of these 4 groups.
A POTUS should be focused on how to lift up the poor, stabilize the middle, congratulate the rich, and stop taking bribes from the obscenely rich...and that's how to heal the divide.

Obama said it right. there is no black America or white America, only the united states of America
so why the hell are we still putting people into boxes who claimed to be inspired by Obama

Doesn't this seem like a far better course for leaders (be it potus, or activists), and allows for more focus on the problems and struggles (a poor black neighborhood and a poor white neighborhood are dealing with the same issues...keeping the lights on, the kids off the streets, and a way to take a step up from their situation)?

The longer we keep up the boxes, the longer it will be before actual change happens, the longer it will take before Obama's words are a way of life.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

There is only the human race.

All others are Government constructs.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I completely agree!

Minority groups say they want to be treated just like everybody else but do everything they can to be sure they are treated different.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Identity politics are killing our social structure. It's ripping us apart at the seams.

edit on 9-11-2016 by TomLawless because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
if people want to use the minority group label then technically the %1 are a minority group,probably the smallest minority group.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
if people want to use the minority group label then technically the %1 are a minority group,probably the smallest minority group.

true.
the screaming of "you're a cis, white, male" as some sort of condemnation could then be turned into "You're a mid to lower income female" as the ultimate slam against a statistical majority

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

There are No Minorities in the United States , We All Are the Majority if we are American Citizens . The Liberal Myth you Speak Of should Finally be Put to Rest .

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

"Minority Groups" aren't just based on race though. They can be based on race, religion, caste, gender, wealth, health or sexual orientation to name a few. Minority Groups being recognized is what gives handicap people special privileges and things like that as well.

The attitude of "I think its time we stop acknowledging Minority groups" is exactly why we do acknowledge them in the first place. Because being part of a Minority means your group is most likely too small to have power enough to change anything or be protected from the Majority who might act against you.

I can agree that lately there are some SJW type of things which get out of hand but overall recognizing a minority group isn't a bad thing. It seems a bit selfish to be part of the Majority and still want to ignore those less fortunate don't ya think??? I mean you're in the power position as part of the Majority already. Does it really hurt you that much to help out the less fortunate???

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The left loses the whole minority argument when they fail to acknowledge Asians are a minority yet do better on average than everyone else, including whites when it comes to salaries.

They also are represented in prison less than whites, blacks, latinos.

So the left misuses the term "minority" and fabricates an argument based on lies. Some fell for it. Luckily more did not.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

You're absolutely correct, they are a minority group. However, I doubt they really want to be acknowledged as such. Nor do they need any special help. They have their wealth to act as a power agent for them.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This is why I never understood what the Black or Hispanic vote meant. These are Americans voting, not a specific demographic, color or creed. Being "poor" is not synonymous with being a "minority" though some may disagree.

This thread is an example of what discussion our leaders need to have with the country's inhabitants. Trump is our president and it's now our duty to make the best of it. We start that process by helping our fellow man/woman to the best of our ability and capacity.

To ALL Americans...

I love each and every one of you. I don't care what you look like and respect your decision to disagree with me. What we need to work on are all the same things that you and I strive to create for ourselves and our families. Every single American is part of my extended family and I will strive to support those worth my time and energy.

edit on 9-11-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Except, I think you're leaving out Cultures.

I don't think the typical white American thinks they have a culture, but they do. And they think everyone should fall in step to their Culture.

I never quite realized it myself, because I was raised typical white Christian - - - until I became an adult - - - and exposed to different ways of thinking, believing, family, self-expression, etc etc.

So IMO - - poor isn't just poor. Nor is it skin color.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

There are No Minorities in the United States , We All Are the Majority if we are American Citizens . The Liberal Myth you Speak Of should Finally be Put to Rest .

One day may you read the ops verses kneejerk react to a headline.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The day I don't have to check a box with my ethnicity for a job....
The day I don't have to check a box with my ethnicity for a loan...
The day I don't have to check a box with my ethnicity for a BCI...

Or to fill out any government or corporate paperwork...
Is the day when we forget about minorities.

Unfortunately they are used by the corporations and governments to segregate and divide us for monetary gains. Somehow someway.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Now it’s time for America to bind the wounds of division; have to get together. To all Republicans and Democrats and independents across this nation, I say it is time for us to come together as one united people.

It’s time. I pledge to every citizen of our land that I will be president for all Americans, and this is so important to me.

www.nytimes.com...

That's what our new president said in his acceptance speech. For the present, I must take his word for it. It has been reported by those who know him and have known him for years that this is indeed his philosophy. We didn't hear that about him during the campaign but I'm willing to give him the opportunity to make the changes needed to fix the corruption that has overtaken the bureaucracy in DC.

In about an hour I'll be sitting down with a diverse group of people, different political affiliations, different cultures and races. The one thing we share is wanting to make life in our small community a little bit better for all of us. We'll argue and we'll debate and in the end we may come to some decisions to offer up to our elected leadership. Time will tell if our plans work out the way we hope but so far, that type of cooperation has worked and our community is better for all of us working together, no matter what divisions some might try to create.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
A lot of people use language like that to justify their racism. In addition, there are challenges that minorities face that whites do not. This is why they get special treatment at times. For one example, the social standard for women is entirely different than the one for men. There is no need for this. Both genders should be paid the same, and both genders shouldn't be pigeonholed into gender roles.

Blacks faced the challenge of lifting their families out of slavery, which is a huge disadvantage. Even after this, they face racism that still exists today. Muslims now face being denied entrance into the U.S. due to their religion, which is another act of discrimination. The struggle minorities face is not over.
edit on 09pmWed, 09 Nov 2016 18:00:10 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Except, I think you're leaving out Cultures.

A culture is the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively.

The black community is a culture under this, same with Chinatown, Christianity, gamers, masons, etc etc etc.

none of which need special rights, laws, or anything else..because each culture listed is divided up into the rich, the poor, the center, and the elites...and that's the only common thread all cultures have collectively.

a culture of a poor middle class Asian family and a middle class Caucasian family will be dealing with the same issues in regards to institutions. educational considerations, infrastructure, tax codes, healthcare, etc. the stuff government is employed to focus on.

cultures is a thing to make people buy new and interesting foods, try out different luxury items and perhaps ways of thinking..all of which are simply social issues.
This discussion is about governments role in dealing with "minorities".

Gaming culture is best culture btw..in case there was any question. PC Gamer specifically (the console plebs are wretched creatures)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
there are challenges that minorities face that whites do not.

Yeah? name a right they don't have that whites have.

remember, since you decided minorities face challenges whites don't have, it better hold true to every single minority.
I look forward to your speaking for all non whites while enlightening the whites on the laws and infrastructure that target non whites exclusively.

or of course..you could just be lying and vomiting out propaganda to "otherize" anyone not white by demanding they are all forever victims to the system

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

No propaganda here, just facts. I edited my post to add more details. No, life is not so simple that ALL minority groups deal with the SAME problems, but I suppose they all have to deal with racism. I gave the example of men getting paid more than women, there is the example of Trump wanting to ban all Muslims from immigrating to the U.S., there is the example of women being subservient to men - even today - blacks lifted their families out of slavery - the list goes on. These are just some examples of the issues minorities struggle with.

Yes, the minorities have the same constitutional rights as whites, but that doesn't change the fact that they face discrimination both institutionalized and otherwise in their daily lives.
edit on 09pmWed, 09 Nov 2016 18:04:20 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join