It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Prices in USA/Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

star for the honesty.

but

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Makes me wonder why hybrids aren't more rampant.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I'm not saying I want to see anyone suffer, man. I'd just like to see oil prices come up a little and stabilize at around $60/bbl. At that price, the company I work for would make a small profit and I wouldn't be getting slammed with $5/gal prices at the pump when I fill up the tank. I think there is a sensible median where prices are feasible for both the producers and the consumers.

The biggest problem the oil industry has, IMO, is OPEC. Specifically, our good friend Saudi Arabia. But that's a whole 'nother thread...
edit on 14-11-2016 by DustbowlDebutante because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Got it, thanks, hope you all the best regardless. I know how you feel and are going through. I have to travel all over for work away from family just to put food on the table and hope gas prices don't go up, I'm like many that if fuel prices go up too much then it's a wash from traveling to work, or just staying at home with no income.

So we are both dependent upon oil prices with regard to making a living, just on different ends of the same spectrum

I can't believe what this downturn has done to our local economy. Halliburton laid off hundreds and hundreds, maybe thousands all told, of people (in a town of 20,000) last year and so many folks are still without jobs. Theft is up all over town, to the point that it's just appalling. You can't even so much as leave your kids' muddy shoes on the front porch, or they will be gone by morning.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Yeah Didn't mean to suggest that you wanted to see people suffer. I fully understand where you are coming from just as I'm sure you realize that there are people on the opposite spectrum that get hit real hard when those prices go up.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: wissy
here's a question I have, will gas prices go down soon? I live in Canada but have always felt we are very close to USA and are like partners, Mexico not so much. Anyways gas is like 1.20 a litre here, that's about 5 bucks a gallon! One way or another things have to get better and thi8ngs like gas should go down, right?

You should have a thought for Gas workers being laid off if Gas prices go lower...

Charlotte
edit on 7-5-2017 by cmyers27 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join