It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Can We Learn from Trump's Triumph?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm more disturbed by his vice president, Pence. Pence is a big fan of aversion therapy and electro shocking kids to turn them straight. He also doesn't believe in Evolution or Global warming. This might be a bad 4 years for science, education and intelligence.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
I can say that I personally have discovered that there are a lot more petty, trifling-ass people in this country than I previously was aware of. So there's that. Otherwise, it's just SSDD, no big change.

Regretfully, I learned this long before there was a Clinton-Trump debacle. It's been a brewing storm, honestly I think this is just the first winds of that storm.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

That's a very good point. I would have been shocked at the pick, but let's face it, there is no way to look at anything that is going on right now with American politics and not be utterly mortified. For a start, both candidates were essentially right wing sociopaths (as evidenced by the fact that one of them liked blowing up brown skinned people, and the other has stated that they want to blow more of them up than ever, and their wives and children too), and then there was the result itself...

Getting lost in the sewerage storm this has been is easy.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

No... Stupidity is voting for a man who has stated that he wants to create a nation where some have freedom and others do not, while screaming about the fact that freedoms have been damaged by the previous administrations.

Advocating for assassinating an enemy of freedom is merely unwise, not stupid. There is a pretty thick line between the two.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
What can be learned from this is that people can only hold certain amount of political stress to be flexible against, constantly being promised things that later on turn into lies.

We still don't know if what has being chosen now will eventually end up into the same thing as we are used to know before.

We reset and start over again until we had enough and meet the circle again .

I think there's a name for it used for other things" renewable energy "
edit on 0b28America/ChicagoWed, 09 Nov 2016 17:48:28 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 09 Nov 2016 17:48:28 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Millions

Bad Religion - New America
Lyrics:
Do you know the cost of future misery?
Have you lost your sense of sustainability?
We are just a step away
From realizing what we strive to be
But we've got to break out
From this insulated, blind and lame senility
Wake up the new America wo-oh!
Transcend the mass hysteria wo-oh!
Change is the thing you're wary of wo-oh!
We need a new America wo-oh!
Laurels, human triumph
Bestowments from the past
Victories don't mean a thing
If they don't last
We are just marching toward extinction
With blinders on our eyes
Jeopardizing everything
We've learned and come to realize
You call that wise?
Open your eyes America wo-oh!
See through the lies they tell to us wo-oh!
Confront the fears that worry us wo-oh!
We need a new america wo-oh!
We don't have to be afraid to re-invent
We've got to start to build
Progress and implement
For when we take our fill
And never pay the price
We only build ourselves
A fleeting, false paradise
You can live in staunch denial
And mark me as your enemy
But I'm just a voice among the throng
Who want a brighter destiny
They say with me
We are the new America wo-oh!
This is the new America? wo-oh
edit on 11/9/2016 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
What we learned from Trump's victory is that the rust belt has lost a lot of jobs over the years that it blames on poor trade policies.

That these voters feel disenfranchised and pissed off.

I didn't vote for Trump, but now that he's won, I support him and hope that the policies he wants to enact will have a positive effect on the country.

Go Trump.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
What we learned from Trump's victory is that the rust belt has lost a lot of jobs over the years that it blames on poor trade policies.

I didn't vote for Trump, but now that he's won, I support him and hope that the policies he wants to enact will have a positive effect on the country.

Go Trump.

And that may be the difference between us and the far left millennials. The far left SJW's.

Not 5 minutes ago I was watching, what was akin to foot-stomping tantrums by a very vociferous group of the aforementioned chanting "Trump is not MY President! Trump is not MY President!" and ya know, like it or not the message to them should have been made clear in History and the education process that, yes, he in fact is.

I didn't vote for Trump NOR Clinton, but you're damn right I support him, as a 20 year retired vet I owe him and the country no less.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: Greggers

Go Trump.

And that may be the difference between us and the far left millennials. The far left SJW's.

Not 5 minutes ago I was watching, what was akin to foot-stomping tantrums by a very vociferous group of the aforementioned chanting "Trump is not MY President! Trump is not MY President!" and ya know, like it or not the message to them should have been made clear in History and the education process that, yes, he in fact is.

I didn't vote for Trump NOR Clinton, but you're damn right I support him, as a 20 year retired vet I owe him and the country no less.

Agreed on all points.

These people need to realize we're all on the same team. Elections are an intramural scrimmage.
edit on 9-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Millions

thanks for that, good insight

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I bet one thing you could learn from Trump's Triumph is never to trust Lucas Electrics.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join