It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

White-Lash

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Give space to Van Jones, he still doesn't get the real reason why Trump won, so he resorts to the usual boogeyman..

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Landslide by electoral college, in my eyes, I should have specified. The votes aren't all counted from the last time I looked but I have no reason to doubt that yes, HRC will win the popular vote. I wanted to give props to the author of the catchphrase.

The system under which Trump was elected is what it is, for now. I've no doubts that it should be changed however I don't think a popular vote under a two party system is the answer. Now if we can assuredly get multiple candidates on the ballot, I would reconsider a popular vote system.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Imagine that, the whining MSM liberals continue to spreads lies. Which is the very reason nobody trusts them and Hillary lost. I say let them roll around in their own misery. Im just glad the majority see them for who they truly are now. Only sad part is based on some people's replies in this thread some are still as brainwashed as they were before.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Snarl

But you said that you did not complain when you got paid less than people of a different ethnic background to you. That is appeasement, the very definition of it.

So, which is it?

Why do you insist on calling it something it was not? It was what it was ... and it still is.

Who was I to impose myself and change the status quo?

Nobody was 'keeping me down' except myself. Moved on and moved up. Lived and learned.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That is one of the saddest things about this election... Not only has a blow been struck for the dark heart of dystopia, but the third party candidates did not score enough votes to be in the debates next time around, and that is just appalling.

It's absolutely shocking when you consider how bad the top two candidates were.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

"but the third party candidates did not score enough votes to be in the debates next time around, and that is just appalling."

Agree, there were some interesting alternatives there!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

It cant be about race or ethnicity, most of us "whity's" have at least ten percent west African DNA. So the problem seems to be if you look black your black, and if you look white your white. Which is a bit of a joke.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Snarl,

I do not know what life did to you, to create such total indifference to your own treatment at others hands, but do not dare for one second to be proud of yourself for it. All that anyone can say about the fact that you would rather move on, than take your rights and use them, is that it is bloody sad, and that's about the end of it.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Hold your horses friend.
michiganradio.org...
Here in my home state we did just that, with my vote counting I'm proud to say.

Most who voted for Trump know what we set to do. Keep Hillary out. Whatever happens, I'll own that and work through it best as possible. In the bitter end, I'll still proclaim that it is better than another Clinton presidency.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

your own treatment at others hands

Those were understandably the rules of the game. No one made me an unwilling participant.

It only seemed to upset the Mexicans. Because I was willing to work for less, they might be paid less too.

Oh ... the irony. And ... oh my ... times have changed.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I would advise that you curtail the movement of your equine friend as well...

The Michigan result does not mean that a libertarian candidate will be on the national stage to the same degree as the Republican or Democrat picks for the next go around, unless I am much mistaken. The national percentage, is what gets a parties candidate thrown into that mosh pit.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

He won, but it was not a landslide by any reasonable definition, especially since, as with Al Gore back in the day, Hillary (Christ knows how, the evil scheming slice of bitch that she is) managed to get more actual votes in total, than Trump did. The electoral college votes won it for Trump, but if it had been a raw count of the total votes, then Clinton would have taken it by a hundred thousand or so.

He won the White House, the Senate and the House of Representatives.
That is a landslide with a mandate.
Not many Republican president Elects can ever say they came into office with that.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

There were / are, in fact, White people angry because America has a half Black president. Are you refuting this claim?

Except the claim was that Trump won because Racism is the ONLY explanation for why people voted for him. He said he doesn't know how to explain the vote to his daughter.

So awesome logical fallacy. Just because SOME are racist does not mean Trump won because White people are racist.

Again, for those who are slow, the guy says he has no way to explain this to his daughter, because it's a result of racism. Meaning there is NO OTHER explanation for why someone would vote for Trump. Otherwise he would simply explain the normal rational reason why someone voted for Trump. His claim necessarily means there is no explanation, and Racism is the only explanation.

To throw your pointless post back at you, SOME people voted for Obama due to racism .. I guess that means the ONLY explanation for why he won is because of racism .. right? Or does that excuse only fly when your guy loses?
edit on 9-11-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Tsubaki

There were / are, in fact, White people angry because America has a half Black president. Are you refuting this claim?

If that were truly the core issue of it all, don't you think the so-called white-lash would have materialized four years ago? If the real outrage was actually all over Obama's skin color and nothing else, then he would have only been a one-term president.

You are of course correct. The only racism on display is HIS racism against white people.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Except he is not questioning Trump, he is questioning the Americans (who include those minority groups and women) who voted for trump, saying the ONLY explanation is racism.

Because Van is in fact a racist. Hopefully some day he will change.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Whites eh, I hear they love to lash.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

You would be correct but it has to begin somewhere. I hardly call it a win but it is a step in a positive direction. I'll take it.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Throes

Its a breath of fresh air, after years of political correctness. to Quote Trump "You can grab them by the pussy, if your rich and famous, they don't mind" The fact is when the alpha male does that, to a breeding female, they don't mind because their offspring, if the union is completed, makes them top dog as well. He's upset the feminists, and the PC twits...but you have to admit he's something else.

People aren't spider monkeys.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I guess nobody thought to check the etymology, ok sorry, it's urbandictionary.

Whitelash, the term blacklash adjusted for people of lighter complexion.

edit on 9-11-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh well, it has also been clear the current occupant has no respect or regard for postcard Americans. *shrug*

White male uneducated demographic voted for Trump.

White female educated demographic voted for Hillary.

Not only about race, but also about gender.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join