It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Will heads role at the DNC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Clinton and her cronies at the top of the DNC made a big mistake stacking the deck against Berrien Sandards. Had Sandards been the Democratic nominy yesterday could (would) have been a lot different.

Will heads role at the DNC for this outcome? Will party members demand change? Will the supper delegate system be reformed?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
They always do when the candidate loses. They would have at the Republicans, too. The libertarians should ax some folks, too. They had a beyond golden opportunity to really put the libertarians on the map, and screwed it up.

So yes, I'm sure there will be some changes at party headquarters in the next year, or so. Then they'll become talking heads on the news networks...after all they're such experts, they lost their jobs.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

You know the same people who KNEW Hillary would win are the same exact ones now that KNOW Bernie would have won it? Kind of entertaining to watch, honestly, but would be nice if we were honest.

I agree I WANTED a Sanders VS Trump election, but lets stop pretending we know what the outcome would have been.

I'll even support your argument that it SHOULD have been Trump VS Sanders and DNC rigged the system against Sanders, but(again) let's stop pretending that we know what the outcome would have been.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The libertarians should ax some folks, too. They had a beyond golden opportunity to really put the libertarians on the map, and screwed it up.

Yes, I would have voted Libertarian if the party really represented Libertarian values this year.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I did use the word could have. I added (would) in parentheses to add a little more force behind the statement. It doesn't take a crystal ball to see that the American clearly wanted an outsider and it didn't mater what badge he brought with him. Sandards could have plaid on that feild.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The DNC needs to clean house and start from scratch. With Bazille leading them don't expect any results. A look over at Congress sees Pelosi, the symbol of all that Americans hate about partisan politics. Dems won't get anywhere unless they kick out all the progressives and take their Party back.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Will heads role at the DNC?

it effin better, and straight down the line, and down the messaging.

Go figure, alienating "whiteness" didn't come across as very inclusive to the majority of the country you damn fools.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
The libertarians should ax some folks, too. They had a beyond golden opportunity to really put the libertarians on the map, and screwed it up.

This is so true.

I remain baffled how Aleppo Boy can claim he's a libertarian.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Dems won't get anywhere unless they kick out all the progressives and take their Party back.

straight up.
the progressives are to the party what the hyper-religious are to the conservatives. a disgusting growth that hampers the party.

Donald somehow was more in line with old liberal values in many former liberal areas than todays progressive nutjobs with their safe spaces, trigger warnings, 83 genders, etc etc etc that all focused on silencing discussion, debate, and just rational discourse with even other leftists.

I am skeptical of this being done by 2020 though. I reckon the progressives will be in the double down stage..but come 2024, the purge should be complete, or a new robust civil libertarian party will arise and the democratic party will dust itself.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Clinton and her cronies at the top of the DNC made a big mistake stacking the deck against Berrien Sandards. Had Sandards been the Democratic nominy yesterday could (would) have been a lot different.

Will heads role at the DNC for this outcome? Will party members demand change? Will the supper delegate system be reformed?

Ooooh yes!!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Strange, I thought they lost by running HRC, who is a centrist?

Sanders would have had the support of both milenials and Independents and he is a progressive!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

I really wanted to vote Libertarian this go 'round, I really did. But just couldn't.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
So ironic that the narrative for this entire election process has been the GOP in crisis and disarray. And yet they won the POTUS, retained all of Congress and the DNC is imploding and some could end up with charges.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare
So ironic that the narrative for this entire election process has been the GOP in crisis and disarray. And yet they won the POTUS, retained all of Congress and the DNC is imploding and some could end up with charges.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare

Oh, it's worse than that.

Obama has been a very slick veneer, but look down ballot. The Democrats are in shambles at the state level all over.

The party relies on its state presence to raise up new leaders and they don't have much state party presence at the moment. Their bench is very, very thin.

It's going to be hard to reverse that and might take some time, and whether I like them or not, they do tend to keep the other party in check when they are strong.

new topics

top topics

join