It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carsons New American Manifest Destiny

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

What we saw last night was a renaissance of that Manifest Destiny — a rebirth and re-dedication to the pursuit of exceptionalism. Defying party labels, voter behaviors, and all indicators, Americans summoned within themselves a sense that doesn’t fit easily into a political box, and it certainly can’t be measured in a random sample poll.

I’m not sure President-elect Donald Trump fully understood nor understands what he tapped into. But for the next four years, he will definitely attempt to harness that sentiment to advance a political agenda we will not soon forget. One thing is obvious — today, at least — this pursuit of greatness existed before Trump arrived on the presidential stage, and it will exist long after hes exited...

Ben Carsons New American Manifest Destiny

Anyone who has read my ATS posts knows Ben Carson is a personal hero and the man in whom I entrusted my wholehearted support for president of the United States…

When he dropped out of the race and offered his endorsement of Trump I followed suit...

As an aside, I am probably equally excited for Dr. Carson to become Surgeon General and achieve his lifelong dream as I am for Donald to become president…both of which are an exhilarating thought..

It is hard to imagine anyone in Dr. Carson's delivery room on the day he was born thought they were handling a baby who would one day grow up to become surgeon general of the United States of America....
He was born into a time of racial strife and few would imagine his rise to greatness which saw him chief of neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins at the tender age of 33…

Dr Carson achieved all of this through wielding and inherent IQ rated genius level and a work ethic required of an American trained physician…

Anyhow, to our op, he wrote a wonderful article that y'all might enjoy…
edit on 9-11-2016 by Christosterone because: iPad speech to text stinks!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I was hoping he was going to be the nominee too... but I think he would serve the country well as Surgeon General. Is that likely? I hope so.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
As long as that doesn't mean neo-imperialism like the old MD was aboot...
edit on 9-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
I was hoping he was going to be the nominee too... but I think he would serve the country well as Surgeon General. Is that likely? I hope so.

Yes...I have it on good authority he can choose Dept of Health & Human Services or Surgeon General...

And it has always been his dream to be Surgeon General..

But with the affordable care act being dismantled he may choose DHHS…
Trump is leaving it entirely at Dr. Carson's discretion...

-Chris

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I like Ben and would dang sure vote for him.
I like the way he thinks and would trust him to
do the job.What ever he decides to do he will do a damn good job.
edit on 9-11-2016 by grayghost because: Because I can.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone
I read the article. Can you in your own words describe New American Manifest Destiny though?

I have a rough idea already, but I don't want to critique it unless I understand it well enough.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

There is a distinct possibility that Ben Carson tipped the balance for Trump.
Even if he caused a small shift in Black voters, it would have been enough for Hilary to lose in
Pennsylvania or Florida.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead
does President Obama have a Surgeon General in his cabinet? He or she must be the only one in the Obama Administration who is not controversial.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UMayBRite!

There is a distinct possibility that Ben Carson tipped the balance for Trump.
Even if he caused a small shift in Black voters, it would have been enough for Hilary to lose in
Pennsylvania or Florida.

I can only say that I have found few people on either side of the aisle who dislike the man…
Who actually know him…

White or black the man is an absolute titan...
I think like Clarence Thomas he was blessed with an intellectual prowess unrivaled white or black.
The elite progressives, however, were horrified when these men refused to stand in line and be counted as loyal unquestioning Democrats…
Much the same as Condoleezza Rice… Dr. Rice I should say

I know for me and my family he was impactful… But race is not something that was ever a thought to me…
In medical school, residency and at a teaching hospital you operate in a strict meritocracy…
Biggest brain and best bedside manner wins…and dang is his brain big

I agree he garnered MANY votes for Trump because people like me thought "Ben Carson is spending this much time with him and likes him...if Dr Carson trusts him and his character maybe I should think about it too"

I can say without equivocation that Carsons immediate and loyal support of Donald Trump was the only reason(at first) I wholeheartedly supported Trump…
And when I had a moral crisis during the Billy Bush tapes fiasco, it was Carsons words that I turned to to get me past my judgment of those ridiculous things Trump said...

He remains my hero...big brain, big heart, big family man...
And don't think for one minute I'm not thinking about him for the 2024 ticket...though Pence/Condi may be the perfect ticket by then..

-Chris

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

NO he was a DINK WAD too..www.azcentral.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
I read the article. Can you in your own words describe New American Manifest Destiny though?

I have a rough idea already, but I don't want to critique it unless I understand it well enough.

First off, I do all of my posts on iPads speech to text which can't understand my hick accent so please forgive all the time and the homonym errors and spelling errors because this is going to be a stream of consciousness and I've got my 3 cats crawling all over me LOL

Plus I don't typically research my posts… So forgive me for me the dates wrong…

In the mid 19th century, maybe it was John Quincy Adams followed by A number of other presidents felt it was America's destiny to "civilize" the North American continent all the way to the left coast..
Being a very religious Epoque in our history they felt that the Judeo-Christian God had a destiny in mind for America to become the light of the world and she could only do so by "stretching her legs", to use the vernacular of the time..

So preachers of the day encourage their congregations to go West young man and spread the word of God and civilize this great land and the politicians of the day legislated homestead acts giving the impoverished a chance to own land… A heretofore impossible achievement for much of the population in America… Especially for European immigrants..

Anyhow, believing them to be following God's wishes man by the thousands went west and did indeed conquer and settle the vast west from Texas to California...

This great era was sometimes referred to as the period of manifest destiny...

I think Carson is saying obliquely in this paper a a new "manifest destiny" is to be charted for America…
But this new destiny is really a reapplication of 150-year-old philosophy…
The philosophy that would see America again become the light of the world and reassert herself atop the social Darwinian ladder where America belongs...

Dr. Carson correctly argues that the tendency towards manifest destiny is not only intrinsic and written in all humans DNA, but especially into Americans(he would say providence while I would say natural selection)...
But essentially we(humans) are coded to look over that next horizon, to explore the next hill, to go out and do things that are good and right and moral…
Always seeking betterment and expansion…

Personally, I see our final manifest destiny to be in the stars to return from whence we came to become an interstellar race of beings…

That is my interpretation… But I'm on ATS and yearn to be an interstellar race so my sensibilities are biased LOL

So here's to returning to the moon

-Chris
edit on 9-11-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I am hearing that President Elect Trump is considering Dr. Ben Carson to be the Head of the Department of Education in his New Administration .

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I am hearing that President Elect Trump is considering Dr. Ben Carson to be the Head of the Department of Education in his New Administration .

I think it's completely at his discretion and I wouldn't be surprised if you took that job either..

At a teaching hospital like Johns Hopkins the attending physicians spend their days teaching residents…
So education would be something Dr Carson would be more than perfect for that appointment…
Especially considering he was a product of public schools...

But with the house and senate remaining Republican-controlled there is going to be a day of reckoning for the affordable care act…
I have a feeling he may be better suited to be the Director of The Department of Health and Human Services…

But education would be a great fit as well…

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Either one would suit him , the Man is Capable of both .

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Nov 9th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Here's the problem with Darwinian philosophy, we're not on top, other animals are. Lets take one example, the chicken. Few die in the wild, they're all 100% cared for, if we ever go to new planets we'll take them with us, and when times are bad we kill each other, and sacrifice our children for control of them, they also outnumber us 2.5 to 1.

As far as darwin is concerned, the chicken is kicking our ass.

And all of this is underwritten by the fact that most modern day darwin interpretations actually came from a vulture capitalist/economics professor in the 30's who simply liked the theory as a way of proving to himself and his students that he was the best. And that philosophy is where most modern interpretations come from.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Here's the problem with Darwinian philosophy, we're not on top, other animals are. Lets take one example, the chicken. Few die in the wild, they're all 100% cared for, if we ever go to new planets we'll take them with us, and when times are bad we kill each other, and sacrifice our children for control of them, they also outnumber us 2.5 to 1.

As far as darwin is concerned, the chicken is kicking our ass.

And all of this is underwritten by the fact that most modern day darwin interpretations actually came from a vulture capitalist/economics professor in the 30's who simply liked the theory as a way of proving to himself and his students that he was the best. And that philosophy is where most modern interpretations come from.

I'm a Texan...5th generation in fact...

Which means I have a ton of farmers and ranchers in my family...

As a kid I remember well shaving chicks beaks so they wouldn't peck each other to death...chickens are brutally violent...

And chickens die by the thousands in the wild and captivity as they are incredibly prone to parasites and viruses...

Humans have evolved into developing anti-parasitic and anti-viral drugs...

The next time u get sick go to a chicken doctor and see how that works out...

Wow, ur post asserting humans being outevolved by chickens may be the most obtuse I've ever seen in ATS...and considering there are entire threads dedicated to proving the earth is flat I would say you have achieved something…

Chris
edit on 10-11-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I have tons of respect for Dr Carson. He was my nominee vote as well. I hope he gets included in the Trump govt at a high level. I wish he would hold news conferences regularly to dispel all the myths on birth control and abortion that liberals continue to repeat over and over until people actually believe them.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I have tons of respect for Dr Carson. He was my nominee vote as well. I hope he gets included in the Trump govt at a high level. I wish he would hold news conferences regularly to dispel all the myths on birth control and abortion that liberals continue to repeat over and over until people actually believe them.

It remains my [second]favorite moment in debate history when he ended the first Republican primary debate with this:

My favorite:

-Chris

edit on 10-11-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Humans have evolved into developing anti-parasitic and anti-viral drugs...

The next time u get sick go to a chicken doctor and see how that works out...

Wow, ur post asserting humans being outevolved by chickens may be the most obtuse I've ever seen in ATS...and considering there are entire threads dedicated to proving the earth is flat I would say you have achieved something…
Chris

Out evolving something and being on top of a darwinian ladder are not the same thing. Chickens have evolved into a point where they're fed, cared for, sheltered, valued, and we even devote a significant amount of labor into making them free from disease and being their caretakers.

Darwin is the idea of survival of the fittest, yet we go out of our way to ensure the chicken survives... sometimes even to our own detriment. What does that say about our place on the ladder? As a species, we serve them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join