It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Looking for the silver lining in Trump's win.. still hopeful!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
One thing that I'm pleased about is the potential END to what might be called the "Strategy of Tension" relative to other world powers in particular Russia and China.

This, in combination with serving as a type of proxy for Israel, has resulted in untold death and destruction both under President Bush/Cheney, and then in so many ways advanced by Obama continuing to run their ball down the field without rejecting the underlying philosophy underpinning it, which did need to be repudiated.

The whole stance was, imo, based on a fundamentally flawed presupposition in the entire foreign policy arena, that a strategy of tension, amid crisis, problem, reaction, solution, thesis-"synthesis" would realize foreign policy objectives, because at it's core it's not productive of a historical arc aimed at peace and mutual prosperity and on this score, Donald Trump is right, and the American people who voted for him, are right.

They may not have known precisely what it was that was making the world less safe whereby the very policy that was supposed to prevent that from happening was causing it to continue to happen and to happen more and more, but at a deep and fundamental level, they intuited it, instinctually, as they tend to do.

I trust the collective wisdom of that instinct.

The problem for Trump is how, precisely, to drain that swamp, which runs through the military and industrial complex and intelligence apparatus which he seems to in many ways embrace, instead of looking to cut out the cancerous ideas and MO's at the heart of it, elements of which have given us the entire historical nightmare emanating out of 9/11.

That the likes of Rudy Giuliani and John Bolton are the type of people who Trump consults, gives me pause, as I see in them the shadow of Bush/Cheney..

But I think Trump wants to end those wars, and get back to a mere vigilant stance, if only because they cost too much in blood and treasure (money).

The price and the tradeoff for sustained mutual prosperity is and must be a sustained mutual peace. Donald gets that. That part he understands.

In some things that's all you have to know as a starting point. What you want and what you don't want, and what's the price or the tradeoff. I lknow it's one that the nations of the world would gladly make.

On the issue of Civility - that's his pivot point right there, imho, where Civility may be defined as:

Consciously motivated organizational behavior that is ethical in willing submission to a higher power and higher power principal or at the very least an imagined perfect observer.

Donald is also a baby Christian believer, and definitely isn't into those weird occult practices like black magic and the like and from everything that I can tell he's not some sort of Satanist nor all wired into those circles.

Thus, if there is a type of evil and wicked web out there, then maybe Donald Trump can manage to wipe it away, if he's courageous and ballsy enough, which he may very well be.

And if I'm not mistaken - that is precisely the reason why everyone voted for him, to blow a hole in that web.

So I have to say congratulations America!

You did it - you sent the signal to the "elite" ruling class - I sure hope Donald Trump will still listen to you now and listen to all of us, whether we supported him or not.

Who knows, maybe it's even possible that this has given to places like ATS, a voice.

Not a pretend one that's all but ignored, yet kowtowed to in public, while privately considered just a "mass" or a glob of people, but a real voice that is listened to and even sought out in search of guidance (something he made mention of in his victory speech).

The American people have spoken and spoken quite loudly.

It's time to suck it up and move on, but I'm still ever hopeful and optimistic, unless he say reinstitutes torture, while killing the families of terrorists on purpose, throws out all illegal immigrants, or starts a war or something like that.

What a strange place to be when everything is all up in the air!

That's a domain of great potential and possibility, even as an unknown, however unnerving it might be to face.

Maybe Donald Trump is going to try to let the American people write history, provided he doesn't try to make it all about himself or into some sort of reality TV show. Don't do it Donald - let this be your come to Jesus moment, where Jesus functions as a model of authentic Civilized leadership in the gap between what is and what ought to be.

He'll quickly come up to speed and get the RIGHT people around him, I hope..

May God bless and keep you all, and may God bless the USA.

Ankh aka Robert

edit on 9-11-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Here`s one silver lining, as president Trump will be way too busy to do another awefull reality T.V. show

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
Here`s one silver lining, as president Trump will be way too busy to do another awefull reality T.V. show

Yes, that's true.

I encourage him to lose weight and to take up exercise and the consumption of super-nutritious superfood smoothies every day and make part of America's transformation, his own, so that he'll still be around at 78 years old.

Supplement Donald and exercise - you won't regret it.

Why am I assuming that he might read ATS?! LOL

Someone should make a thread speaking to him directly and offering up all kinds of wisdom and advice. Maybe I'll give that a shot.

I mean hey you never know - since quite obviously anything is possible!

new topics

join