It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One reason that Mr. Trump won (my opinion)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I was watching the PBS coverage of the election last night from approximately 10pm to 2:30 am CT. The panel was asking why did Mr. Trump win? During that whole time I watched PBS's coverage of the election, PBS did something consistently time and time again. When a presidential result came in they would show two pictures. One for each candidate. No matter if the result was good news for Ms. Clinton or good news for Mr. Trump; the same two pictures were used. The Hillary Clinton picture had her with a nice smile on her face. The Donald Trump picture was of a man frowning. Can you be any more bias? Either have both candidates smiling or both candidates frowning. Otherwise it shows a bias for and against each individual candidate.

What PBS did by showing those pictures was continuing the trend of bashing Mr. Trump while glorifying Ms. Clinton. The media determined that Ms. Clinton was a saint and Mr. Trump was a demon or devil. The media felt it was okay to keep bashing the devil. But the media also did something else. They declared Ms. Clinton the favorite and Mr. Trump the underdog.

One thing you can not do in society is to keep bashing the underdog. People begin to see you as mean spirited. And by the end people began to get information that the media was an extension of the Clinton campaign. What the media had done began to be seen as unfair. Thus, the media needs to take a look and not blame everyone else for Ms. Clinton's defeat. The media really helped galvanize the resistance to Ms. Clinton by their bias attitudes towards the candidates.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: feldercarb
I was watching the PBS coverage of the election last night from approximately 10pm to 2:30 am CT. The panel was asking why did Mr. Trump win? During that whole time I watched PBS's coverage of the election, PBS did something consistently time and time again. When a presidential result came in they would show two pictures. One for each candidate. No matter if the result was good news for Ms. Clinton or good news for Mr. Trump; the same two pictures were used. The Hillary Clinton picture had her with a nice smile on her face. The Donald Trump picture was of a man frowning. Can you be any more bias? Either have both candidates smiling or both candidates frowning. Otherwise it shows a bias for and against each individual candidate.

What PBS did by showing those pictures was continuing the trend of bashing Mr. Trump while glorifying Ms. Clinton. The media determined that Ms. Clinton was a saint and Mr. Trump was a demon or devil. The media felt it was okay to keep bashing the devil. But the media also did something else. They declared Ms. Clinton the favorite and Mr. Trump the underdog.

One thing you can not do in society is to keep bashing the underdog. People begin to see you as mean spirited. And by the end people began to get information that the media was an extension of the Clinton campaign. What the media had done began to be seen as unfair. Thus, the media needs to take a look and not blame everyone else for Ms. Clinton's defeat. The media really helped galvanize the resistance to Ms. Clinton by their bias towards the candidates.

That's ok. PBS is going to pay a very steep price for their Government funded biased reporting. Romney wanted to cut much of their funding. Believe me, Trump and his staff are going to bring the pain in full force. Should have been done 20 years ago.
edit on 9-11-2016 by LifeMode because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb

It's nice to see people shun the media talking heads.

Perhaps people actually did their own research for once?

American's do have a love for an underdog, and typically will rally and root for them.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
good observation,
you`re right people want to see a fair fight and let the best man or woman win.
americans won`t tolerate an uneven playing field,the media made clearly obvious that they were in the Hillary camp and were creating an uneven playing field.
The intolerance for cheating and and insulting voters intelligence cut across all demographics.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I saw the pictures and noticed the same thing, it was very obvious and in your face.

And I agree with your thoughts on how people began to see the mean spiritedness towards Trump and their bias towards Hillary. Some of us saw that at the very start of Trumps campaign.

soulwaxer

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Why would ANYONE watch PBS ?

It's STATE run tv.

The majority of it's funding comes from tax payers.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The people, either those who voted for HC or the TRUMPINATOR both now know for sure that the media are well and truly a tool of the elites and TPTB and will now never trust what they say again! The cat is out of the bag in such a big way. TPTB arrogantly never expected the result they got because they thought they had the people fooled! A point in history at which the people of the US awoke, just has the people of the UK did on BREXIT. Reason to celebrate! Remember the Lion has a massive heart!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I orginally watched PBS because it was local news time and I wanted to follow the presidential race. I do not have cable. I continued to watch in fascination in their disbelief and also their biased use of previously mentioned pictures.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Ummm...you mean people still watch PBS...?

Dude...that's so...Last century...

YouSir

top topics

join