It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The hidden racism of "the other side?"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Let me first get out of the way that I am a libertarian. I am considered very socially liberal with the exception of abortion and very fiscally conservative. It is possible to be both. Most of my friends are considered liberal or left leaning, especially since most of them are from academia.

Why when someone who doesn't like how it's going do citizens of the US always say they are going to Canada?

Let's be clear. Canada is an awful place. It's unbearably cold 6-9 months out of the year depending on where you live, and unless you are in a city center you are most probably in the middle of nowhere. The healthcare system is NOT as good as you think, but sure, it's "free". Taxes in Canada are considerably higher than the USA (due to them have flat tax rates, not effective tax rates), and the average NET income is lower than the USA while the cost of living is only marginally lower.

Why is it that people in America always want to run to Canada?

Mexico has significantly cheaper cost of living while local purchasing power is almost identical.

Consumer Prices in United States are 121.71% higher than in Mexico
Consumer Prices Including Rent in United States are 163.26% higher than in Mexico
Rent Prices in United States are 321.76% higher than in Mexico
Restaurant Prices in United States are 140.56% higher than in Mexico
Groceries Prices in United States are 135.96% higher than in Mexico
Local Purchasing Power in United States is 104.10% higher than in Mexico

I noticed this both times Obama won and again this time when Trump won. No matter who wins, the other side want's to get as far away from people of color as possible and go to great white Canada.

Get over yourselves and quit crying. America is the greatest country on earth. Obama wasn't a Tyrant and neither is Trump. If you don't like him, instead of being a hidden racist and running away to your white safe space, get organized and get him out of office in 4 years. Stop being racist.
edit on 9-11-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I'm not one to flee.... but.... I assume people say Canada because of language (although I know parts of Canada are French speaking).

I think also the general feeling is Canada is safer than Mexico.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hey man, no need to attack us beaver wearing maple syrup guzzlers.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

So you are saying they think Mexican's are Murderers and Rapists?

link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I'm not one to flee.... but.... I assume people say Canada because of language (although I know parts of Canada are French speaking).

I think also the general feeling is Canada is safer than Mexico.

That could be considered a totally racist post by some people.

Canada is safer than Mexico..... brown people are dangerous.
Don't try injecting reality at me... (like drug cartel actually exist in Mexico and routinely cut people into chunks for fun).

link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

We have better Syrup in New England

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: eluryh22

So you are saying they think Mexican's are Murderers and Rapists?

No, I'm saying that I think the perception is that Mexico's federale's are so corrupt that anyplace away from a vacation resort is more dangerous than the Canadian bush.

It's not the people, per se, it's the government.

If you're fixated on people being racists.... you're going to see everyone as racist.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Canada is an awful place.

Other than the weather Canada seems rather cool (pun intended). Namely, the people there.

That said, if for some reason I fled due to political turmoil I would go to Panama.

Get over yourselves

America is the greatest country on earth

I could see how some might view these as conflicting sentiments.

link   

We have better Syrup in New England

Oh now youve done it, im going to pack the dogsley, grab my hockey stick and challenge you to a duel.

Dammit i nearly forgot to lock up my igloo.
edit on 9-11-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

link   

I'm moving to Canada because I can't stand the thought of living in the same country as your crazy azz

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I lived in Oakville, Ontario for a while. It was a beautiful place along Lakeshore Road. The cold weather was the fun part - it went down to -32C in Winter. Had to go around in a "spacesuit" made from heavy duty Doc Martins, double layer of jeans and workout pants and a duck feather Arctic jacket. Finding places to rent was tricky though. Co-operative apartments would take weeks to just acknowledge your application, another couple of weeks to accept your application and a few more weeks to inform you of an interview. Getting around was tricky in places. While Toronto has a Metro system and underground downtown city, other parts just have a surface bus service every hour.

I'm sure that's probably the same in other places. San Francisco and the other nearby cities were the places to be. Going beyond there, you needed a car to get around. Public transit was available but it was like trying to plan a deep space probe trajectory, trying to find all the bus routes that connected there and back.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
A bit weird when you think of it.

"I hate the "white-lash" of America...I am moving...to a place whiter than America.". heh

Besides, who would want to be hanging out with those damn snow beaners...damn maplebacks.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I noticed this both times Obama won and again this time when Trump won. No matter who wins, the other side want's to get as far away from people of color as possible and go to great white Canada.

I've noticed in a few of your posts now, that you have this reverse racism going on. You're decrying alleged racially motivated negativity, while presenting thinly veiled racism yourself so that you can play the victim and garner (whatever the heck it is you think you're achieving by doing so on a forum like ATS) .... something....

I sincerely believe you should talk to someone about your latent anger about this perceived threat to your racial equality though, because it is clearly eating you alive.
edit on 9-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

We all know Canadian's can't be rude. You guys are like the nicest people ever.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I visit Mexico all the time. I love it there. I am sorry you are racist.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

How are they conflicting statements? How many of the people who cry about moving to Canada actually end up going there? They eventually got over themselves and realized how good it is here.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

To proclaim out of every country you live in the greatest one, and then tell others to 'get over themselves'. An expression that means "stop thinking you're more important than other people".

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I visit Mexico all the time. I love it there. I am sorry you are racist.

I AM Mexican and visit there all the time too. I'm far more sorry that you are displaying this type of illogical reasoning on a forum I used to espouse as being intellectually sound.
edit on 9-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I'm specifically referring to my fellow Americans. I am sure people from Canada think they are the greatest country on earth, and I applaud them for that.
edit on 9-11-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Sure you are. And I'm the pope. If you WERE Mexican you would recognize the latent racism shown by American's who don't want to go there other than to vacation at a nice safe resort on the ocean. They view it as a dangerous/violent and poor country that offers them nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join