It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democratic Autopsy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Its a fact Trump dragged a ton of Dems under the red tent last night. People are saying Trump has a Democratic Coalition much like Ronald Reagan did.

One has to wonder how bad this hamstrings the Democratic party now going forward. Hillary's campaign failed on multiple levels from the top down. She hasn't visited Wisconsin since the DNC. She sent surrogates to Michigan to campaign for her. She failed to drag Bernie supporters under her tent and she failed miserably with Millennials. She took these blue states for granted and this allowed Trump to kick that door down. I think having Obama campaign for her backfired because he is the face of what these people despise the most that voted for Trump. People wanted change. Big change. That is apparent. People wanted to get out from under Obama's machine. Its funny that this is even in the conversation right now because last week, a similar conversation was being had about the Republicans. Now the Republicans are owning house majorities and America is officially a majority red nation. I believe the countries political system is 82% Republican now. First time since 1928 I believe.

But anyway, the Democratic party will be the ones doing the party autopsy. I certainly don't see the Democrats winning in 2020. I didn't see that happening even if Hillary won. So to me, the Democratic future is very much in doubt.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BloodydaggerI believe the countries political system is 82% Republican now. First time since 1928 I believe.

Correct!

But anyway, the Democratic party will be the ones doing the party autopsy. I certainly don't see the Democrats winning in 2020. I didn't see that happening even if Hillary won. So to me, the Democratic future is very much in doubt.

Both parties, imho, are scrambling to re-assert themselves and to figure out what lies ahead....the outcome early this morning is extremely historically significant and will echo into the forseeable future.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

I think all 3 parties and the media are going to be looked at differently and moving forward nothing will be the same.

Hillary has given the dems a bad rep as not being trustworthy. Her rigging the primaries and the email scandal and the investigation of the Clinton Foundation and the accusers of her husband, it's just all really really thick paint on too small of a canvas. It's a mess.

The Republicans showed how even grown ass men can act like spoiled rotten little kids. It's jr high all over again, with the name calling and the colluding behind each others backs, and the cliquyness of it all. Give me a break.

Third party is going to be looked at as a viable option in the future. Holy crap guys there's other people to choose from!? where did they come from? how long have they been there?

The media... the true winners of this election. /sarc.
The media has been outed, they have been proven false propaganda machines, and untrustworthy, unable to do their jobs while working for the people to keep the government in check and holding them accountable to the masses.

I think the same would have happened if 3rd party would have won.
I honestly think that if HIllary would have won, we would get the same damn thing we have had for the last 8 years PLUS a war with Russia.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The DNC post-mortem should start with "Screwing Over Sanders Voters Does Not Pay".

The second part of the post-mortem should be "Abandon the Concept of Political Family Dynasty".

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think Hillary was the wrong choice for the Democrats. Bernie Sanders should have been their man. A lot of people believed this before even the DNC took place. So its not a hindsight 20/20 thing. That was yet another mistake by the Left. They should have known better then to shovel out a woman with so many question marks and dark clouds hanging over her head. Big big mistake on their part.

I think going forward, establishment politics are out the window during campaign seasons for both parties. This election is going to be studied as the new model for the next 50 years. The winning campaign ended up being a low budget campaign, conducted primarily on social media.
edit on 9-11-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It worked back then:

And it worked last night.

top topics

join