It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone can be a parent Good or Bad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I have a loving dog, in our society we have laws to regulate dogs freedom, mostly cause dogs are in a true sense wild animals.. I grew up with dogs, seen most of the behavior good or bad.. I also firmly believe we should introduce a drivers license for owning a dog.. Since i believe the main problem with an out of control dog, isnt the dog, its the human, just like bad parenting.

I also grew up in an area where people are afraid of dogs, its a legacy from their culture, if someone is afraid and says;"Please, Leash your dog, im afraid of dogs " I use some common sense and leash the dog.. The dog is trained to follow commands, and our law has a little "loop hole";" A trained dog, that doesnt hunt, doesnt say hello to other dogs nor people".. More to it, act as a human who understands right from wrong can run around in a perimeter of your supervision.

I came across a man the other day, he said politely;" Sorry, could you please leash your dog " I thought he was afraid or felt uncomfortable, his child was playing nearby.. " No, problem, i can call him in.. and i did " My dog stands 3 feet from me, and he says a simple set of words;" Its the law to have the dog chained "

There was not a single problem, no conflicts, nothing.. Yet he choose to interpret the law in his own subjective way, and made a conflict out of nothing.. His reason was, he did not like dogs.. I said to him;" You should read the law again and do it objectively ".

I firmly believe conflict accomplish nothing, every time i went by and saw his child playing at the residential playground i said;" Foot! " Yet somehow it wasnt enough, he wanted to be right, he wanted the dog on leash... He wanted to show some sort of fantasized ideals, the Hero that chased away "the bad guy". So he put up signs on the residential playground;" No Dogs Allowed, No Smoking Allowed ".

My neighbors wanted to avoid a conflict, a man with his daughter, why should she suffer because of a man who cant read right..
So today i walked outside and there he stood again, claiming ground that wasnt his.. I didnt have my dog, and he thought it was unchained running around freely, so he took up his camera.. And looked, i asked;" You looking for the dog? "

And he said;" I will report this to the police! Chain that F# dog ". My blood boiled, he looked for a conflict to end his cause, yet he was duped..
My dog wasnt along for the ride, so instead i said; This is private property, our law regulates if you are a disturbance of the peace, which you are.. I ask you to leave the perimeter of the ground since you are a disturbance of the peace. The sign over there, which you put up, is damage to property which i paid for, when you leave i will take it down and throw it away "

All he said was ;" F# you i know my rights! ".

I was still pissed off so i said;" Do you think your daughter should be suffering cause her dad is a man full of s#, when you can behave as a normal person you are welcome back. "

He took his kid and left.. The main issue with the story, his intention was not bad nor good, it was subjective based on his experience.. His daughter had friends on the playground, but the other parents thought, well, i dont want a conflict.. So the daughter and the dad played alone in the end..

The only one who lost in this scenario was the daughter.. And its to bad anyone can be a parent..

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Well, unless you're willing to link to the city ordinance about leashing pets in public areas (or that specific shared park), then I can't take your word for it that you should have responded that he was subjectively interpreting the law, nor that you should have responded in such a way, period.

From where I sit, it seems as if you escalated the interaction unnecessarily. Even if he was wrong about the law, there was no need to try to one-up his understanding at that point.

In my opinion, it's just common courtesy to leash a dog, especially at a park, no matter how well trained the dog is--and no matter what the laws might objectively say about the issue.

I do agree that his daughter was the one who lost the most in this scenario, but I think that it could have been easily avoided at the start. Sometimes it pays to be the bigger/better person.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

no way man. If anything, that man deserves a public beating for being all snooty. Legal rights are legal rights. it says he needs no leash, then leash be damned!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

In my opinion, it's just common courtesy to leash a dog, especially at a park, no matter how well trained the dog is--and no matter what the laws might objectively say about the issue.

Private park, for residents.. We pay for it, and its upkeep.. i live near the nature..200 yards and you are in the forest..

And yes you are right, it escalated , but i believe he got away with things like this before.. You dont do things in a scale this way if you have not been through it before

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
What breed of canine are we talking about? And who "trained" the dog?
edit on 9-11-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This could go either way imo. For me personally...a lot would depend on what type of dog it is. I know...your dog is trained but like you even said, dogs are wild animals and even trained ones can go off.

new topics

top topics

join