It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump won: What now?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Could always make it into a tourist attraction.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Christosterone

If the wall goes up, we pay for it and it only solves a small part of the problem.

Congratulations.

If "we," end up paying for a wall Trump supporters had better end the "small government," myth they perpetuate.

The federal government is so small they enacted a physical border... and guess who gets to foot the bill? We the people.

Sounds legit.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

If the wall goes up, we pay for it and it only solves a small part of the problem.

Congratulations.

You don't get it… In fact you're foolish…
This is what we deal with every effing day with illegal aliens… EVERY SINGLE DAY…
They are a scourge…
I'm sick of you uninformed liberals telling us to open our minds to a culture of sociopathy..
dfw.cbslocal.com...

-Chris
edit on 9-11-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

That's one of the reasons Trump was a bad candidate. He proposed many different things, never discussed how it would be paid for and promised to lower taxes.

None of it adds up, except to raise the national debt.

Literally, Trump cannot do what he promised without screwing us even more.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

That's one of the reasons Trump was a bad candidate. He proposed many different things, never discussed how it would be paid for and promised to lower taxes.

If he was such a bad candidate why did he win???

-Chris

link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

It's really all just window dressing for the masses, democracy being in the same category as the illusion of freewill, my guess would be nothing good will happen for the average Man, Woman, and child.

The rich will get richer, the poor will bend over and present there arse for plunder, and the world will continue with equality becoming a thing of the past. Basically our worst Orwellian nightmare.

link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Could always make it into a tourist attraction.

That would be boring. About as fun as staring at a prison wall.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

Congratulations.

This is what we deal with every effing day with illegal aliens… EVERY SINGLE DAY…
They are a scourge…
I'm sick of you uninformed liberals telling us to open our minds to a culture of sociopathy..
dfw.cbslocal.com...

-Chris

Not sure what that really has to do with my post. I don't care what you open your mind to. Building a wall only solves a small part of the problem. We have to ask ourselves if it's worth the cost.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

-Chris

Emotions, propaganda, gullibility...stupidity.

(post by Christosterone removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

-Chris

Emotions, propaganda, gullibility...stupidity.

Which is pretty much the default blanket statement by the losing party voters (Not saying you voted for Hillary, you claim you didn't) but what you said there can pretty much be the same exact reply by either losing party down the line.

I remember when Obama was elected. Boy people had nasty things to say about him and America's future.
edit on 9-11-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Congratulations.

They are a scourge…
dfw.cbslocal.com...

-Chris

Not sure what that really has to do with my post. I don't care what you open your mind to. Building a wall only solves a small part of the problem. We have to ask ourselves if it's worth the cost.

You don't get it…
These people have been flooding into my state by the millions for 50 years and costing millions upon millions of dollars a person through their exploitation of the Healthcare system…

And pay nothing back in the system and the quicker we can shut off the spigot, the better…

You have NO clue how bad it is at our hospitals..

Is about the wall...The fact you don't understand this proves your naïveté

-Chris

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

I say that because Trump's entire candidacy was built around the propaganda that has been forced on to the Right Wing for decades. Not only that, but he spoke like a 4th grader and conducted himself like a high school douchebag.

He was not elected because an intelligent and informed voter base turned out to the polls.

He was elected because they fell for the sales pitch.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Congratulations.

They are a scourge…
dfw.cbslocal.com...

-Chris

You don't get it…
These people have been flooding into my state by the millions for 50 years and costing millions upon millions of dollars a person through their exploitation of the Healthcare system…

And pay nothing back in the system and the quicker we can shut off the spigot, the better…

-Chris

Inform yourself about the statistics before you waste my time. Here is a start.

www.pewresearch.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

He was elected because he was a platform and a conduit for the pissed off white vote that has been seething under the surface of this nation for years and years.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Congratulations.

They are a scourge…
dfw.cbslocal.com...

-Chris

You don't get it…

-Chris

Inform yourself about the statistics before you waste my time. Here is a start.

www.pewresearch.org...

My wife is an ER physician at a level I trauma center in texas(5th largest mkt in the us)
We have actual experience...

She's at a shift right now...if it wasn't a hippa violation i would print the 100s over the course of the day on the ed waiting list...

Newsflash: the names aren't smith, Jones, walker, or the like...

-Chris

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Trump could start by revamping the Fundamentally Changed America attempted by Obama #44

for starters, return or sell back those 38,000 or so Gilloteins.... sell back those 1,500 personnel carriers... sell back or get refunds on return of the Billions of rounds of hollow point ammo... and sell back all those assault rifles bought by the various Federal Agencies... that should return enough funds to ship out all the Syrian refugees that are 18-35 YO Arab men here livin' grand on the taxpayers dime thanks to Barry #44

that's just starters.... perhaps the FEMA Camps can house all the Lib-Tards, progressivers, leftist democrats that need Re-Education to heal their Lib-Tard, radical, PC, hive-minds...... or else just medicate their damaged brains that are polluted with liberal mish-mash, screwy ideas, & race-baiter leadership intent on War missions with any designed enemy that might have a vault-of-gold worth stealing for the empty & echoing halls of Ft Knox

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
REALISTICALLY, what do some of you expect to happen within the first 100 days of Trump's Presidency? Will Obamacare be repealed? What happens with certain trade partners? What will be torn up and redone/thrown out the window? Will tons of money be pumped into our military now? Will the Wall see the beginning construction stages? A lot of Presidents make promises during their campaigns. I'm just wondering which Trump promises will come to fruition and which ones most likely wont. I'm sure some will and some wont, just wondering which of each.

Opinions? Thoughts?

WoW. Tall question--pun intended. Scale everything down. That's what it will be. Trump has said from the beginning he never expected his proposals to win without being crippled. That's why he made them outrageous. Furthermore, I think he might have intentionally used that to win votes. I didn't think it would win him as many votes as it did. I thought it'd LOSE him the race. It didn't. It gave his campaign a clear--moreso outrageous--focus and voters grabbed onto it. Hillary kept saying "Stronger Together," but her focus was too nebulous. By being strictly status quo, in the way of Obama #2, she was invisible. There weren't enough hand holds, so the votes kept slipping on past her.

From here forward many of the news organizations are going to look at this focus. Things like jobs, law and order, undocumented immmigrants, high taxes, syrian refugees and ISIS/ISIL, the wall and border security. This is the heartbeat of the voter. This is why they voted for Trump. The democrats were saying all of this was racist, xenophic, sexist and so on. Maybe that was an oversimplification? Now that Trump might get into the white house, they will have to look at these topics more deeply, not just to understand why Trump won, but also to contend with the fact we might have minimum 4 years of Trump ahead.
edit on 11/9/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Now people pay higher taxes in January and lose their minds over what happened to the Tax credits.

'lower taxes' rofl.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
Trump could start by revamping the Fundamentally Changed America attempted by Obama #44

for starters, return or sell back those 38,000 or so Gilloteins.... sell back those 1,500 personnel carriers... sell back or get refunds on return of the Billions of rounds of hollow point ammo... and sell back all those assault rifles bought by the various Federal Agencies... that should return enough funds to ship out all the Syrian refugees that are 18-35 YO Arab men here livin' grand on the taxpayers dime thanks to Barry #44

that's just starters.... perhaps the FEMA Camps can house all the Lib-Tards, progressivers, leftist democrats that need Re-Education to heal their Lib-Tard, radical, PC, hive-minds...... or else just medicate their damaged brains that are polluted with liberal mish-mash, screwy ideas, & race-baiter leadership intent on War missions with any designed enemy that might have a vault-of-gold worth stealing for the empty & echoing halls of Ft Knox

Only an inbreed thinks putting 'liberals in FEMA camps' is a good idea.

Trump winning is one of the most liberal events in history.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join