It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving forward, let's make a pact.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Moving forward, we need to make a pact to be less divided, anything other than unity will result in a worse future than is necessary.

Let's join hands as citizens and demand that Washington start representing the people. Congressman, senators, and the president alike need to be held accountable for their policies, laws, regulations, budgets, and more - these are key aspects of our entire economy and way of life.

Lets make this next four years and beyond history book worthy not because of who was elected president, or who won a sports game series, but because for the first time in a long time, Americans banded together to demand change.

We did this with Sanders, occupy wall street, we've done it here on ats for years, and now it's time to spread the movement everywhere possible. Let go of your hatred for this election, let go of your biases and pre conceived notions, we need clear eyes and open minds to get where we need to go.

Moving forward.

-deadlyhope

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Well said. I am right there with the nation. Trump or Clinton supporters either one.

We have always been better than the world thinks we are. Now is our chance to show it.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
2 things i would like to see, a maximum of 4 to 6 year terms for elected officials, and take that big money out of the election process.

I think most can agree there.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
First we have cut out the cancer. Trump may have won an election, but did you notice? Last I checked the vote spread in Washington DC was 95 % Hillary and 4 % Trump.

Those people are entrenched.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I don't see it happening.

The split during the election was just too easy.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It is over and done...I will continue to be the same I always have, treat me with courtesy and respect and I will return that aspect... I dont care who you voted for, the election is over.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Agreed, we need to move forward not only expecting results from the current and soon to be administration, we need to move forward and give a chance for new voices to be heard, new stances to be debated, a career politician just isn't a promise for change, diversity, progress.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Covered in cancer or not, it's still a part of our body and still a part we have to take care of and treat right. DC is admittedly full of like minded individuals, but this doesn't have to be our downfall of any kind, diversity is a good thing.

I suggest we focus on progress, not partisanship. Citizens from all across the country will benefit from a better economy, less regulations and taxes, more entrepreneur opportunities, lower crime, more sustainable resource usage, etc.

These are the things we need to push to change, we need a united people - and while I'm conservative in some aspects, I'll gladly stand right next to someone from DC and try to push for win/win situations.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Count me in.
I'm sick of the divisiveness.
We need to all step up and become active citizens working for the change we want.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Most politicians say words like
" US "
"WE"
"TOGETHER"

When really, it's the people that need to be saying this more and more, ESPECIALLY before and after an election.

If Hillary supporters and Trump supporters alike got together and demanded a brighter future, there would be no one with enough power to deny it.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Covered in cancer or not, it's still a part of our body and still a part we have to take care of and treat right.

Cancer is not 'of the body'. You can't make a pact with it.

It has to be cut out, there will be blood.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Cancer is still something within the body - Impacting a specific area, organ, or otherwise. We need to cure ourselves of cancer while realizing it is attached to a vital part of us - Citizens are vital, the government as it stands, is not.

The media, the government, corporations, banks are more likely the cancer you speak of.

Where do you think these people gathered the opinions and views that you deem as lesser?

Is entitlement a one way street, or does it require someone with their hand out being given something to grasp?

Does a newborn hate people due to color, or partisanship, or are such ideas drilled into us by the media, and biases gathered by others due to various factors?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
well i have to say that i have left some pretty sarcastic comments about this whole election process and i did not vote. but a part of me at the same time says that i need to stay optimistic.

i got up and read yahoos article on how celebs reacted to donald trump i was like what is wrong with people. people are acting like the world is ending before anyting has even happened. lots of negative energy.

i think that its sad people give up even before anything. while i hate a lot of his comments i also think that this is a pivotal moment to see if things change and to remain more optimistic then "omg the world is ending let me move to canada bla bla" i think its stupid and weak to make comments like that. pitiful

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
OP, I would love to make this pact. Unfortunately, the reality seems to be that a large portion of the populace continues to embrace ignorance. Places like Philadelphia and Detroit continue to blindly vote for a party whose policies have destroyed their neighborhoods simply because the party constantly panders to them. Even though I am satisfied with the election results overall, I am quite disappointed in the number of people, republican and democrat alike, that continue to blindly vote along party lines no matter who the candidate is. We have a lot of waking up to do as a nation if we ever hope to unite.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jburg6

My question is, how does this stop you from moving forward with such a mentality?

How does Detroit or Philadelphia stop you from taking a higher road in the coming years?

We seek to blame our circumstances on outside sources any time we can. If more people would look within, and realize their lack of desire to make things better only fuels the flames further.. Perhaps then, we could have some progress.

Less pedestals, high horses, and self righteousness would take us a long way.

Signed, a recovering self righteous man standing next to a pedestal.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Lets make this next four years and beyond history book worthy not because of who was elected president, or who won a sports game series, but because for the first time in a long time, Americans banded together to demand change.

Thank you. From your lips to God's ears... or I guess that should be the people's ears.

If Trump is truly the outsider he is perceived to be, then I believe our troubles are about to ramp up big time, because the PTB cannot let all their evil efforts be for naught and this is their best and last chance. If Trump isn't outright assassinated, then I'm expecting some kind of false flag event (perhaps another economic meltdown?).

And if Trump isn't the outsider but a perfect mole so to speak, then I expect he will be the one putting the final nails in our collective coffin.

Either way, we either stand together or fall together. And it's all up to us -- individually and collectively. I hope we're up for the challenge.

top topics

join