It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay --- so WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

That intrusion is already there but it was only against the people. So if the people can be intruded I don't see the problem with politicians being intruded.

Sounds good to me. Maybe too big is just that, too big and in need of a dicing.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I live in a State were road construction seems to be a never ending story. Every other road is under construction, yet our roads are no better than before, because it seems to take 20 years to start and complete a road that is over 5 miles long, then it is time to fix it again.

This is because there's too few traffic lanes. More traffic lanes spreads the traffic out which in turn lowers the wear and tear on the road. It's much more efficient to repair multiple lanes at once too. The problem is, in the city we can't do that because buildings are in the way. I live in an old town and road construction is a constant due to this.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I disagree.

Trump may look like an ermine-infested jack-o-lantern, but he has had great success in business. His experience is in hiring and working with others to get jobs done. He has a deep understanding of what goes into a business plan and what makes and breaks a successful business.

Like it or not, business is the backbone upon which all other economics rests. If business is booming, jobs are created faster than they can be filled with new job market entrants. That lack of supply of labor drives up wages naturally, and tends to improve working conditions because employers are not as easily able to fill vacancies. It also increases the market by providing more discretionary income to the population, which in itself causes business to expand further.

This has not happened in the recent past because the regulations heaped upon business made people think twice about opening or growing a business. No one is going to willingly pay exorbitant costs with no promise of a return, nor are they going to open themselves up to costs that could easily engulf what profit they believe they can make. To believe that is to believe in fantasy. You, yourself, I wager, do not go around looking for ways you can give the government your income... neither will others.

Because Trump understands the mind of a businessman, being one himself, he will be able to determine easily which regulations are damaging and which are not, and also be able to weigh their negatives with any positives. He will be able to close tax loopholes, because he is able to foresee how others will be able to use tax provisions for personal gain. The previous couple of decades have been marked by politicians trying to create a tax code and regulations that they themselves would not find objectionable or easily manipulated, not caring or knowing what a businessman would find objectionable or easily manipulated.

A fertile environment for innovation and business will lead to better technology and more jobs that pay better for everyone. But it will also lead to greater tax revenues, since these revenues are a percentage of income and spending. I can see how 10% of $1,000,000 is greater than 15% of $500,000. Can you?

We have been looking at our economy as a zero-sum game for far too long. It is not, and has never been. Our economy supported the citizens in a relatively comfortable lifestyle for 200 years... it can still do that if not restricted from operating. Trump understands how those restrictions work in everyday America. Our previous politicians, based on their record of failure, have not.

Add to the package he has already mentioned tapping Newt Gingrich. Newt was speaker of the House, in control of the budget, back when Bill Clinton took credit for balancing the budget and creating a surplus. In actuality, it was Bill and Newt working together that accomplished that feat. Bill got the credit; Newt got taken down by spurious allegations.

We have the right people to fix the economy. Give them a chance. The previous administration seems to have driven National Debt in the opposite direction.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

So. True. All of that.

The question is: what do we do today?
How do we begin the procedure? Or --- did we just choose a day for surgery, and until then we are going to bide our time? That's fine too.

The things we need to address are obvious.
What do we do ----TODAY?

Lick our wounds? Snipe at each other? You can't possibly think that DC does not realize what just happened.
We aren't the director of the Truman Show.

ALL OF THE PEOPLE INVOLVED are aware of what has happened. It happened. So here we are.

What now, Team America?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I don't welcome this intrusion for anyone - - not even Trump.

I both welcome it and expect it.

Transparency is the real issue we have in corruption. One of the ways I was able to vote for Obama in 2008 was believing him when he said he would place all bills on a publicly accessible website for a certain time period before they were voted on. That never happened; instead his administration presided over and applauded some of the most closed and opaque Congressional actions to date.

I have not changed my views. I think his promise would be a great idea.

I would love to see all advertisements for political office require a full disclosure of any organization or person donating over 5% of the total received, or over $50K. Yeah, that would be a mess, right? It would also drive up the cost of advertising if your major contributors number so many that the last thirty seconds is just a fast-rolling screen of small type to get all the names in. The more you take from big special interests, the more you pay for less time to say your peace. It seems to work OK for Big Pharma, so why not Big Govt?

If Wikileaks produces emails that show Trump involved in covert criminal actions as President, I want to see them. I want the world to see them. And I want the world to throw the bum out just like we threw out Hillary for criminal history and lies.

No double standard here.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't think Trump was operating any different from other businesses. His actions were not inline with what he proposes. I guess that means he changes his own plan.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I am in favor of all this lobbying and money being public record, no exceptions. The outrage would make this election look tame.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: introvert

There are two ways to reduce debt: decrease spending or increase income. Do not ignore the latter; we need both after seeing the debt skyrocket for the past eight years.

TheRedneck
Several states voted to do just that. Sanity.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I am in favor of all this lobbying and money being public record, no exceptions. The outrage would make this election look tame.

It might very well do that.

Do you think that now is the time?

THere's been a major concession to the angry mob.........and you want to make it worse now....WHY?

To me that feels like living out a diagnosis of cancer, surviving symptoms and having surgery to correct it, and then pouring salt and vinegar into the wound now instead of letting the next round of treatment work.

edit on 11/9/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
okay, so....we've landed.

NOW.

What should the INDIVIDUAL who got elected do? What should the INDIVIDUAL who was defeated do?

Let's start there.

edit on 11/9/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

OK, let's leave some corruption, the worst.

edit:

Why know who is really running the country.

edit on 11/9/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

OK, let's leave some corruption, the worst.

edit:

Why know who is really running the country.

I did not suggest that. I asked you a question.....

So, your answer is to root it out now. I got it. HOW?

Starting today - what needs to happen right now for that to be implemented?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

We have been looking at our economy as a zero-sum game for far too long. It is not, and has never been. Our economy supported the citizens in a relatively comfortable lifestyle for 200 years... it can still do that if not restricted from operating.

The economy is key. If he can do nothing else but get America back on its feet and working again, he will be well on his way of keeping his promise of making America great again.

I grew up in the country but I had family in the city. My mother was a nurse, my father drove a big rig for the government. My grandfather worked on a tobacco farm. My Uncle worked at the White House and the Pentagon. I had family working at J&L Steel Mill, and family friends that worked in the coal mines of Virginia. The one thing they all had in common, in the beginning, was they were all born to poor families. They all had the simple dream of owning their own home. They all worked hard to put food on the table, and they all wanted a better life for their children.

We had our share of problems back then, including bigotry, hatred, greed, selfishness, but we all had dreams that had a chance of coming true, if you worked hard, saved your money and worked together with family, friends and neighbors.

Everyone considered themselves red blooded Americans and patriots, even though the old folk declared repeatedly, "You can't trust the government." I remember when the government was passing out powder milk, powdered eggs, and cheese, in our communities. The old folk warned, "Don't eat that stuff that comes from the government". "You don't know what they have put in it, and you know you can't trust them." I laugh out loud when I think back to those days.

It wasn't easy. It wasn't luxurious by today's standards, but things started going down hill when The Life of Riley became the American dream. A dream that included a contented life, living off someone else's money, time, or work. Credit cards replaced savings, reducing the value of everything, including the value we placed on ourselves and others. We got what we wished for and oh, "What a revoltin' development this is!"

We stopped being workers and became consumers. We need to return to being a strong working country that looks towards the future and we need to stop focusing on in the moment self gratification. We need to stop allowing the media to define us, label us, and manipulate us.

We can pull ourselves out of this mess before the water goes into a full boil. We may come out scarred, but we will still be alive and strong enough to rebuild our country.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

What do we do today?

Trump is already, I assume, doing what he needs to do: assembling and vetting a staff and reviewing policies.

Clinton did what she needed to do. She conceded the election to allow a peaceful exchange of power and hopefully end the divisive rhetoric.

We the people... we need to heal. This has been the most hateful, dirty, despicable campaign I have ever witnessed in my half-century plus of breathing oxygen. Many, many hateful things were said on both sides. These things need to be forgotten, forgiven so that we can act as brothers and sisters again. Oh, we may disagree, but we can again learn to disagree without being disagreeable.

Nothing major will happen until January 20th. Obama is still in power until then. Regardless of Wikileaks or anything else, there is not enough time to justify an impeachment. Clinton has conceded. There is no reason to go after her personally again (unless she tries to regain power later). Her sins are history, and she still has the investigations on the Clinton Foundation to worry about. It is enough.

Come January 21st, if we the people can once again find a way to stand united, we need to exercise vigilance. Donald J. Trump is no Jesus of Nazareth. He can be compromised. It is our job to see to it from here on out that no one in government ever gets a free ride, ever escapes legal consequences for illegal activities, and never again pulls the wool over the eyes of so many people.

Just after September 11, 2001, when the ashes from the worst attack in American history were still smoldering, a small army of volunteers form Alabama arrived in New York to help. The city was in pain. The country responded with aid. We have many, many differences between the people in those two areas, but we had more in common: we were Americans, and we were humans.

This election was a great divide between the city and the country. The map shows that clearly. Urban vs. rural.

I pray that we can again return to those days of peaceful disagreement and brotherhood with all.

To do so is where we should go from here.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

We can pull ourselves out of this mess before the water goes into a full boil. We may come out scarred, but we will still be alive and strong enough to rebuild our country.

That's what it's all about: rebuilding.

Have you ever seen a house that has been neglected for many years? The pipes are clogged and split, the wiring is shorting out, the floors are unlevel and soft, the ceiling leaks, and the walls sway whenever the wind blows. I have actually repaired homes like that. The first thing you do is not paint the outside.

No, the first thing you do is assess the damage. You look for what can be saved and what cannot. You try to find out why the roof rotted in this corner, why this wall buckled, why the floor gave way so easily in that corner. Then you remove the bad areas and rebuild them stronger than before.

Our house is broken, as you so well point out. We have to understand why. What led us to this place? How can we prevent it from happening again? What's worth saving? We can only do this by being open with our fellow citizens, by discussing why they felt the way they did.

I will start, right here.

As of this moment, I forgive every insult made to me by anyone during this election. I will no longer hold it against anyone. I want you all to talk with me and me with you, in an open and honest manner, unafraid of disagreement, but always respectful of each other. I pledge to try and understand your point of view and to not try to denigrate you for having it, even if I must in good faith disagree.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

We the people... we need to heal. This has been the most hateful, dirty, despicable campaign I have ever witnessed in my half-century plus of breathing oxygen.

yes. fact.

Many, many hateful things were said on both sides.

yes. fact.

These things need to be forgotten, forgiven so that we can act as brothers and sisters again.
The vulgar insults and hateful rhetoric and name-calling -- yes. truth.

Oh, we may disagree, but we can again learn to disagree without being disagreeable.

Here on ATS - yes. That is a fantastic first step.

Nothing major will happen until January 20th. Obama is still in power until then.

Now here is where it gets tricky. Don't think for one minute that all these players have been frozen in a screen-grab and we can just sit back and breathe. The players are still on the court.

Regardless of Wikileaks or anything else, there is not enough time to justify an impeachment.

Correct.

Clinton has conceded.

And done so graciously.

There is no reason to go after her personally again (unless she tries to regain power later).

Truth.

Her sins are history, and she still has the investigations on the Clinton Foundation to worry about. It is enough.

While I would love for that to be true, the general population is not so ready to relegate her misdeeds to "history." We have to encourage them to do so.

Right now, we have a really really bruised governmental body in Washington DC. It's not like they are push-button, programmable androids that we can yell "CUT!" at, and they stop acting.

No. Every one of us has been deeply impacted by this entire cycle. From Arab spring to today - this has been hell on earth. EVERY ONE OF US who is engaged and cares at all about our country has been battered by this.

Now it's done. The match is over. But both sides still need stitches and splints and ointment and deep breathing....

from me to you to Hillary to Barack and even to Donald and Alex and Nate Silver and Anderson Cooper and Sean Hannity......also Seth Myers, Jimmy Fallon, Stephen Colbert, every comedian we have in our country......

all of the reality tv players.....

every single one of us has been struck by a meteor. We created it and launched it.....it has returned to smite us. So far, it missed.

NOW WHAT?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

That's what it's all about: rebuilding.

Yes.

That's my intention too.
thanks

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The very first thing is choosing the right people for the right jobs and in the cabinet.
And then start cleaning house.
None of the above will be possible if the current circus of clowns are left in power.
I know a lot of these people and many are not qualified to be a dogcatcher, let alone head a entire branch,section or division of the Federal government.

Buck

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The match is over. But both sides still need stitches and splints and ointment and deep breathing....

True. I noticed you didn't mention they need more injury. Probably because you can agree with me that they don't.

Wounds don't heal overnight. We need to exercise patience. Yes, DC is still there, but every single one of them is at this point either elated that someone is planning to root out the corruption, or frantically running around in circles like headless chickens trying to cover their butts.

You'll notice Harry Reid resigned. He saw the writing on the wall. I imagine Nancy Pelosi is wishing she had resigned as well, but I guess the prospect of being Speaker again was too tempting. Lindsay Graham is trying to find a foxhole to bury himself in. I would imagine John McCain is trying to cover up a lot of footprints he has made in his time.

I don't think any of them are in a position to hurt anyone right now. But that doesn't mean we should not continue to be vigilant.

Let everyone take a few deep breaths of reality. A lot of good people are very upset right now. Give them time. Most will come back from the beating a little wiser.

Assess the damage. Then rebuild.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
right. So -- do we beef up Secret Service? Focus on the Kremlin hacking charges?

We keep Trump alive and safe, or let the ruffians at him? We don't want a repeat of JFK. That would be too idiotic for reality.

The Russian hack thing was as much a joke as Hillary was ahead in the media polls. They don't assassinate politicians with guns anymore.

Think bout it, Obama was going to close Gitmo and end the war in Afghanistan...

New psyop: Let the people think they 'won' and place whomever they want in the Oval office... then just ignore him and carry on as usual.

After all, the ring side announcer doesn't write the script for the circus.

Not in the United States, "they don't assassinate politicians with guns"? I'm glad to hear that.

Because in destabilized areas such as the Middle East and other countries - they do.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join