It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Congrats To Trump And His Supporters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I honestly didn't think he had a chance. Just like most people, I didn't think the election was going to come down to Wisconsin.

Ultimately, Clinton lost this election due to the same reasons she lost to Obama in the 2008 primary...she has a sense of entitlement to win elections. I have been pulling for her just because I was really opposed to Trump, definitely more of an anti-Trump than a pro-Clinton. Clinton ignored Wisconsin and Michigan and too some extent she ignored Latin voters. She was expecting that her being the democrat candidate, that she was just owed those states and demographics...seems like she also thought she could let people's dislike of Trump campaign for her instead of her putting in the work to make sure her secure states were actually secure. Another issue was voter turnout...it was up in rural areas and down in population centers...which to me means that people hated Hillary more than they hated Trump.

So now, let's see what Trump can do. The one thing I can hope for is that Trump has a long history of having left leaning policies and just recently changed his views to get elected...maybe now that the election is over he will move more to the center. I'm willing to give him a chance, I want America to succeed and if Trump's plans can actually do that...I want those plans to succeed as well. I'm sure I won't agree with all of his agendas as President, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

The country has spoken, Trump will be our President...and yes, he will be my President as well, I'm not going to play the "he's not my President game". Congrats to Trump's supporters, This is how our country works, and no reason to be angry over it. I hope Trump is good for the country...I honestly do...if he goes down in history as the best President ever because he improves America...I will be happy. So again, congrats to Trump and credit to his supporters for sticking with him when everything pointed to him not really having a chance.

So why did I put this in the Mud Pit...well I know how some of you feel about me and I didn't want anyone to get banned today

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Fair play, good post, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by Trump,

On another note, Where the hell is hillary? And for that matter, Where the hell is sillyoldme??

Are they the same person???

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Great post. Had Hillary won, I would have had a similar post. I just want the country (heck the entire world) to do well. Thats more important to me than "my team" winning.

I have had many arguments with you, and I can honestly tell you I enjoyed them. I have no hard feelings toward you at all and think it was big of you to make this thread.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I think America wanted a strong leader..

Not Hillary..

I believe America was right!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I don't know if this was mentioned before but,

Orange is the new Black.

Thank you, I'll show myself out.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Thank you.

And I for one, being a Trump supporter, have no problem holding those feet to the fire, making sure he stays on task. THAT is where the American people need to really come together. For his presidency, and all others to follow.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I'll be honest, I didn't think you had it in you! Good form and good words. to ya!

I still think MI will flip!!! Still not decided yet but Trump was leading last I looked.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

As I mentioned to Anti, if you and others who put so much effort into anti-Trump, would now show some of that effort into helping with ideas, we might all be able to make a difference for our country. We all have to live here for the next 4 years, might as well make it as best we can in that time.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Congratulations my US cousins. There is a fresh taste, smell, and feel the in the air this morning. It is hope and great things once again seem possible. My very best wishes to you all.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well, let me eat some crow and throw my hat in the obligatory "didnt see that happening". congrats on the win.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Should be a fun filled 4 to 8 years, congrats

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
In other news.. Alec Baldwin has job for another 4 years

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
I honestly didn't think he had a chance. Just like most people, I didn't think the election was going to come down to Wisconsin.

Ultimately, Clinton lost this election due to the same reasons she lost to Obama in the 2008 primary...she has a sense of entitlement to win elections. I have been pulling for her just because I was really opposed to Trump, definitely more of an anti-Trump than a pro-Clinton. Clinton ignored Wisconsin and Michigan and too some extent she ignored Latin voters. She was expecting that her being the democrat candidate, that she was just owed those states and demographics...seems like she also thought she could let people's dislike of Trump campaign for her instead of her putting in the work to make sure her secure states were actually secure. Another issue was voter turnout...it was up in rural areas and down in population centers...which to me means that people hated Hillary more than they hated Trump.

So now, let's see what Trump can do. The one thing I can hope for is that Trump has a long history of having left leaning policies and just recently changed his views to get elected...maybe now that the election is over he will move more to the center. I'm willing to give him a chance, I want America to succeed and if Trump's plans can actually do that...I want those plans to succeed as well. I'm sure I won't agree with all of his agendas as President, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

The country has spoken, Trump will be our President...and yes, he will be my President as well, I'm not going to play the "he's not my President game". Congrats to Trump's supporters, This is how our country works, and no reason to be angry over it. I hope Trump is good for the country...I honestly do...if he goes down in history as the best President ever because he improves America...I will be happy. So again, congrats to Trump and credit to his supporters for sticking with him when everything pointed to him not really having a chance.

So why did I put this in the Mud Pit...well I know how some of you feel about me and I didn't want anyone to get banned today

I know you and I bump heads all the time, but it is never personal. Adults can agree to disagree.

I think Trump will surprise a lot of detractors. As I've stated before, while I think he somewhat of a buffoon in terms of his personality, you cannot take away his accomplishments. He knows how to surround himself with good people and he seems pragmatic when it comes to problem solving. I don't think he is wedded to any ideology, but more focused on results.

I think now that he has full control of senate/congress he needs to push through some real reform that both sides of the aisle can get behind. He has to FOCUS like a laser on one or two main issues. He also needs to get some quick wins.

For example, both sides would want Glass-Stegall put back in. He should be able to get that pushed through.

I'd like to see him try to push through some major tax reform. I mean MAJOR. Like a flat tax or something to completely simplify the tax code and IRS to get rid of all the special interest breaks.

Hillary lost because she was the wrong candidate. This should have been apparent from losing to Obama in 2008. The Democrats assumed that the Republicans would have been putting up an establishment candidate like Bush and that was their intention all along. The establishment Republicans never anticipated a Trump. Jeb was their guy.

Democrats could have possibly won with Bernie who was also a populist candidate. Trump struck a nerve with the forgotten middle class. The blue collar guys. The factory workers. The people who don't benefit from globalism. The guys with dirt under their finger nails. He knows these guys because he works with them everyday building real estate. The plumbers, construction workers, electricians, etc.

The progressive left has written these people off.

As many of us stated, all you had to do was look at the rallies to know who was going to win this... our eyes don't lie. There was no way Hillary was going to win when you see Trump pulling 10,000 people at a rally and Hillary isn't packing a high school gym - ESPECIALLY in those middle America states.

NYC and CA do not speak for the rest of the country.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Let me just say how glad I am to wake up and see some seeds of civility sprouting here in the mud-pit.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Very well said.

I have spoken quite a bit on the Clintons' (plural) sense of entitlement when it comes to politics, and that is what really made me happy last night when I realized that she had lost her presidential bid--again.

At least with Trump, we're walking into a presidency that has a lot of unknowns--had Clinton won, I'd be much more concerned because of what we already know about her political career. Here's to hoping for something good to come out of this next presidency.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
We now have a country to rebuild and FAST.
I highly doubt the paradigm will THAT greatly shift Obama couldn't do it and ANY whackball ideas Trump throws out about the LGBT and Muslims,won't fly either.
WE want a unified couNTRY AND LIFE like the 80s I guess ...MINUS the social crap of that time.
WE ALSO need to back off rampant materialism,WE DON'T need the latest and newest LETS modularize all that with a primary chassis?
We need to implement HEMP ASAP as well as curtail all these industrial accidents that could be avoided by NON COMPROMISED watchdogs.
We need that for Business ,Pharma,all around the government as well as legislation to keep big money and politics out...
WHAT do I know I was only a scout at best.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove

I think most of America listened to Talking Heads - - and never bothered to do any personal research.

I think most of America will only care what affects them directly.

I think it will probably be just like Obama. When individuals don't get what they think they voted for - - they will start to complain.

It should be an interesting 4 years.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

I'm not sure a lot of people have a clue what they voted for.

If - When "new rules" begin to affect them directly - - - we'll hear from them.

It is what it is as of right now. I hope for the best.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: baddmove

I think most of America listened to Talking Heads - - and never bothered to do any personal research.

I think most of America will only care what affects them directly.

I think it will probably be just like Obama. When individuals don't get what they think they voted for - - they will start to complain.

It should be an interesting 4 years.

All the talking heads for the most part were against Trump, so the American people obviously weren't listening to them. Only a few polls even correctly predicted the outcome of the election. NY Times was saying 90% chance of Hillary winning like two days ago.

The pundits were completely and utterly out of touch.

Even the conservative talking heads weren't really on the Trump train. Beck? Levin? Rush? The only two major talking heads that were supporting Trump from the jump were Hannity and Savage. Ann Coulter is the only other truly supportive major talking head.

Most of the regular Sunday morning conservatives were all in the NeverTrump camp.

If anything this election vindicated the "Alt-Right" media as they were the only ones to really correctly predict the support and outcome. Alex Jones, Breitbart. Conservative Tree House. Zero Hedge, etc.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I have respect for those who can admit defeat gracefully

top topics

<<   2 >>

join