It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions of a trump presidency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The reason I'm posting this here is because it's not some metaphysical psychic reading, it's just speculation and points of view in an average conversation.

From an external view (I'm Canadian) I despised both of your canidates, and didn't care much for the third party ones either.

This election was a mess, and I don't believe any outcome could have ended favourably for America and the American people; in my opinion.

From what I could tell here on the forums and talking with my American friends, most votes were made not in support of a particular canidate, but because they simply didn't want the other person in more, and therefore chose what they thought to be the lesser evil.

I'm actually quite surprised that trump won, not because I dislike him more, but because I figured Hillary and her (big bank) supporters would have surely rigged the election to make her win. Which I suppose is a positive thing she didn't win, because that would support the concept that your vote really didn't matter (if she won unfairly)

So what does this mean for America and the American people in the next 4 years?

Personally, I think several of trumps promises are beyond realistic, even entering the realm of fantasy. I really don't believe a wall that was originally described by trump will be built. I think he'll try to deport as many people as possible, but again, I don't think it will really work as intended.

I think the media is going to have their work handed to them, because trump reminds me
A lot of the "silliness" that was George bush. Expect a lot of YouTube compilations of ridiculous things he says.

One of the worst things is that I believe the world will begin to view America as exceptionally racist/sexist and unintelligent,
Not because that's what america is (it's not), but because their president comes off that way, and it will shine a very bad light on the American people.

In all honesty, because trump is so incredibly forward and blunt with his views, it seems to me quite likely that there will be an actually assassination attempt, and a lot of stir between the American people themselves.

Anyway, that's my prediction for the next few years.

What do you think a trump presidency will be like?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It will certainly mean hard times when his followers realise he can't actually deliver on any of the things he promised.

And given he's incapable of ever being at fault, he'll find other people to blame.

And a lot depends for the world on who he blames for everything that will go wrong.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I fixed it for you,

It will certainly mean hard times when her donors realise she can't actually deliver on any of the things she promised.

And given she's incapable of ever being at fault, she'll find other people to blame.

And a lot depends for the world on who she blames for everything that went wrong.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

Didn't take long for people to start attacking supporters directly and not responding what so ever to the op

A quote from the op:

In all honesty, because trump is so incredibly forward and blunt with his views, it seems to me quite likely that there will be an actual assassination attempt, and a lot of stir between the American people themselves.

This is exactly what I was referring to.

Maybe I am psychic?
edit on 9/11/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Honestly , I'm scared to death. I didn't want hillary either though. I went with Johnson.

I think this presidency will be a complete disaster. Especially given the fact the media will make sure it looks that way no matter what.

The monsters pulling strings must make sure something like this never happens again.

You don't mess with big banks and get away with it.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

Dude, just breathe.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial

........ok? I see you're attempting to be funny. I'm not actually huddled in a corner, but yeah....I'm a bit nervous.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I predict...

...more cool ufo and spooky threads on ATS, now feeding time at the zoo is over!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I'll be amazed if Trump manages to accomplish any of the big promises he made.

The guy loves to talk the talk... now we're all going to find out if he can actually walk the walk.

It's going to be an interesting (and entertaining) 4 years, to say the least.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The overwhelming impression I have of Mr Trump is one who is high on promises but low on delivery. I think, deep down, that he's a pussycat and is likely to be a very conservative (small c) President. All the doom-mongering from the disgruntled liberals is probably...well, just that.

I'm cautiously optimistic about repairing East-West relations; my concern is that Trump and Putin start off on a friendly footing but that Putin then dupes Trump in some way...and that Trump overreacts to it. Cool heads are needed on both sides.

I'm amazed that US politics allows their candidates to tell such whoppers in order - clearly - just to get into office. Does any US citizen seriously believe in the wall-building promise, for instance? Or that Muslims will be barred entry?

It's the same in the UK, but it's far more subtle; the lies are much more grounded in reality and, therefore, credible. Half of what Trump said was from the twilight zone.

Does anyone remember the Simpsons episode from about 15 years ago where they had Donald Trump as President? They also had the US bankrupt when he left office.

Really hope that's not prophetic.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Who was the one public figure all Americans would agree could never become their Commander-in-Chief?

The answer was inspired: brash billionaire and reality TV star Donald J Trump . Hilarious!

That was 16 years ago, when they wrote an episode called Bart to the Future, with grown-up Lisa Simpson elected to the Oval Office after President Trump has tanked the economy.

Mirror (uk) - The Simpsons writer: 'Why I predicted Donald Trump would become President of the United States'.

Simpsons did it! Simpsons did it!...

What is scary about the Simpsons is that the got the voter map spot on! And the photo op on an escalator.

As far as TrumPOTUS goes… I think (hope) reality sets in real quick that the job is not a joke. If he tries to run the country like one of his failed hotels… well, then The Simpson might have actually got it right.

The president does not run the country as we all saw when BO tried to push through some legislation. That is where the dirty politics comes in. The president can only veto bills he does not like--those vetoes can be overridden. And when most of the presidents ideas are held up... well, look at the names and finger pointing that happened with Obama.

My personal fear is for our environment. DT's thoughts were to frack more which is exactly the wrong thing to do! The oil economy is dying prior to 2020 as fusion is starting to come on-line. Even the fast breeder reactors are better than fracking! DT needs to realize that off the cuff remarks are not going to fly as POTUS. Neither is drunken tweeting about sex tapes at 4 am.

I feel sorry for people that are gloating. I feel sorry for HRC supporters because, like OP sated, you should never be forced to vote for the lesser of two evils. I feel sorry for Americans and the sh#hole this once great country is now viewed as around the world. Barak was supposed to save the world. Now we have the lesser of two evils who we are praying does not destroy it. Sad commentary really.

because I need a drink...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I've got the perfect song for the OP question!

top topics

join