It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton and the DNC Have Only Themselves to Blame

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
Where is hillary failure clinton anyway?

I want to see that entitled look wiped off her face

I think she is going to make an address this morning at 10AM.

I am curious if the Clinton camp knew PA was going to be called for Trump before Podesta sent everyone home. Not addressing the people would do more damage to the Democratic party.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It's time for the leftists to really learn what "compromise" is, if they want to have a seat at the table.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

If only they had retained Bernie as the nominee - todays outcome could have been a 3rd term for them, but oh no they had to rig it for Hillary and now look at what has happened.

Newtons 3rd law of attraction at work - karma is a bitch.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It's time for the leftists to really learn what "compromise" is, if they want to have a seat at the table.

Don't forget Republicans in that comment. We need to remind our elected officials that they took an oath of office and not an oath of party. Claire McCaskill (D-MO) talked to that issue tonight on Foxnews. She said the American people are sick of the all or nothing approach the parties take and are demanding compromise.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Profusion

To be honest I think the Democrats can work with Trump. He is not a career politician, he used to be a Democrat before he became a Republican and he is used to dealing with people from a business aspect rather than from a political aspect.

Because of that I think Trump will support any ideas, regardless of where or whom they come from, if it solves problems. Had it been anyone else but Trump I would not be making the same comments.

I would agree, but Congress won't. It's slim, but there is a super majority now.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Almost Reduced to Beggars Now . Maybe if they are Nice , President Trump will throw them a Few Crumbs...

I am curious if Sanders would take a position in Trumps administration if offered.

Every millennial in the country.

Why ? What does he Have to Offer that he can Call his Own ?

" Every millennial in the country. "

Guess the Kids are gonna have to Jump on the " Trump Train " and get the Opportunity to make some Serious Money then . It will be there if they want it . New Workers for High Paying Tech Jobs will be in Demand Now . Rebuilding the U.S. Infrastructure that will take a Few Decades to complete would mean Job Security too . A Reduced Capital Gains Tax also means about 2 or 3 Trillion Dollars coming back into the U.S . . A Business Friendly Trump Administration will see to that . Upward Mobility just Might make a Come Back , the Middle Class has a Really Good Chance to Survive now .
edit on 9-11-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Love him, hate him, Trump is going to be held responsible for everything. No more Obama-style "blame Bush".

He will be accountable for everything that he does.

I hope he beats the crap out of establishment republicans and democrats.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Completely agree. Although, I would add that the establishment GOP is equally culpable.

I have often maintained that there is little difference between the GOP and the DEMs. Looks like the electorate is finally waking up.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

There's not exactly a supermajority. The Dems still have more than enough seats to filibuster in the Senate, which I'm sure they're suddenly going to think is the greatest thing in the world after bashing Republicans for using it through much of Obama's term.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

To be honest I think the Democrats can work with Trump. He is not a career politician, he used to be a Democrat before he became a Republican and he is used to dealing with people from a business aspect rather than from a political aspect.

Because of that I think Trump will support any ideas, regardless of where or whom they come from, if it solves problems. Had it been anyone else but Trump I would not be making the same comments.

I would agree, but Congress won't. It's slim, but there is a super majority now.

They dont have a super majority in the Senate. With that being said if the Republicans try to run the table and cut Democrats and compromise out then they have not learned a damn thing and will be replaced. The one encouraging sign about this election was the turn out. By the time its said and done almost 140+ million people voted. I hope the American people keep that level of interest / involvement up.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan

Almost Reduced to Beggars Now . Maybe if they are Nice , President Trump will throw them a Few Crumbs...

I am curious if Sanders would take a position in Trumps administration if offered.

Every millennial in the country.

Why ? What does he Have to Offer that he can Call his Own ?

" Every millennial in the country. "

Guess the Kids are gonna have to Jump on the " Trump Train " and get the Opportunity to make some Serious Money then . It will be there if they want it . New Workers for High Paying Tech Jobs will be in Demand Now . Rebuilding the U.S. Infrastructure that will take a Few Decades to complete would mean Job Security too . A Reduced Capital Gains Tax also means about 2 or 3 Trillion Dollars coming back into the U.S . . A Business Friendly Trump Administration will see to that . Upward Mobility just Might make a Come Back , the Middle Class has a Really Good Chance to Survive now .

That will be AWESOME!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

They dont have a super majority in the Senate. With that being said if the Republicans try to run the table and cut Democrats and compromise out then they have not learned a damn thing and will be replaced. The one encouraging sign about this election was the turn out. By the time its said and done almost 140+ million people voted. I hope the American people keep that level of interest / involvement up.

They have a majority in the Senate, which is all my understanding of the term requires, a majority in everything. In order to be filibuster proof they would need 60 which they don't have and weren't going to get.

Still, I suspect the Democrats are going to get acquainted with the filibuster, and I expect that the Republicans will act the same way the Democrats did in this situation, which is to cut them out of everything. We'll see if I'm wrong, I was pretty far off on the election results but somehow I doubt anyone learned anything. Look at how many kept their seats afterall.

link   

Hillary Clinton and the DNC Have Only Themselves to Blame

This is what happens when a major political party rigs the primaries to nominate their preferred candidate

Hillary Clinton and the Democrats have no one to blame but themselves for Donald Trump winning. The mainstream media couldn’t have helped Clinton anymore than they did, and Trump couldn’t have tried any harder to lose.

Because Clinton would have easily lost to a moderate Republican, her campaign coordinated with the DNC to elevate Trump as a legitimate candidate, and declared war on anyone who opposed Clinton’s coronation.

Click link for article...

A small article yet, imo, very accurate as to what occurred. Some of the issues he brought up about blame are already occurring and for some reason Democrat's and the liberal left media can't seem to understand that they themselves are to blame for their loss.

Not Putin...
Not wikileaks..
Not Bernie Sanders...
Not Bernie supporters...
Not third party candidates...

Themselves... their selfishness... their arrogance... their self importance... their holier than thou elite mentality...

The American people voted to keep the Senate in Republican hands.
The American people voted to keep the House in Republican hands.
The American people voted a Republican into the White House.

The majority of Americans did not like the direction the nation was going and instead of listening to the people Democrats ignored them. I would imagine most if not all Democrats missed the times when Trump stated he wants to work with everyone, regardless of party, to try and fix America. He said it again tonight during his victory speech when he could have just as easily trashed the Democrats and cut them out of the loop by highlighting the fact the Republicans kept the House and Senate.

Does anyone think Democrats will learn their lesson and fix their rectal-cranial inversion or do you think they will continue to blame anyone and everyone else.

The DNC knew Clinton was a weak candidate and relied on Machiavellian tactics and an elitist circle of mainstream media insiders to manufacture consent for her candidacy. Their strategy backfired, and there is no one else to blame for Clinton’s loss and Donald Trump’s win.

We have an amazing opportunity to work together and fix what's not working. Let's not squander it.

I had this same argument with a Democrat last night. They disenfranchised many Democrat voters over the rigging.

She just thinks uneducated woman voters tipped the election to Trump because their men made them vote and that the result was due to sexism.

If that's what their base thinks then no wonder they are shocked they lost.

link   

originally posted by: vor78
a reply to: Aazadan

There's not exactly a supermajority. The Dems still have more than enough seats to filibuster in the Senate, which I'm sure they're suddenly going to think is the greatest thing in the world after bashing Republicans for using it through much of Obama's term.

Don't forget Harry Reid retired and a Democrat won that race. With Reid gone its looking like Chuck Schumer of NY will become the new Senate Minority Leader. Since he and Trump are from New York they should be able to find some common ground.

link   

I agree 100% with this article. I was having the same conversation with my mom this morning. The DNC had its chance with not only Bernie Sanders (who they actively fought against to the point of one-sidedness) but also Martin O'Malley who many don't even remember was running because he was laughed out of the race. But he too was a better contender than Hillary Clinton.

The DNC put all its eggs in the Clinton basket, she couldn't deliver and now they need to do some SERIOUS introspection on what happened during that election. If you can't even win an election against Donald Trump then there are some very big problems with your political organization. This is the first year of my life I decided to throw my lot in with the Democrats and I got BURNED hard. I'm NOT happy about it in the slightest.

link   

I think that the Democratic elite think that people in America specially minorities are still back in the dark ages when illiteracy was rampant and common, they forgot that people now have many ways to get out there and weight their many media outlets options to find what is truth or fiction.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Completely agree. Although, I would add that the establishment GOP is equally culpable.

I have often maintained that there is little difference between the GOP and the DEMs. Looks like the electorate is finally waking up.

The only difference between the DNC and the RNC this year was that the RNC didn't rig the nominee.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Here in the south many of the people I knew that were democrats wanted Bernie over Hillary, many also got very disappointed when he drop down.

link   
Servers matter. Emails matter. Hubris matters. Entitlement matters. Betrayal batters.

link   

originally posted by: sosobad

originally posted by: muSSang

originally posted by: sosobad

I don't often agree with you but you are spot on with this thread. The best hope for the DNC was left behind at the primaries along with a lot of democratics faith in their political establishment. If they had only looked at what their voters wanted instead of pushing what they wanted themselves I think the outcome would have been way different today.

Nah no even Bernie could of saved the Dems

To be honest it couldn't have been any worse! At least then the race wouldn't have been dogged by email scandals and talk of corruption, it would have forced both side to clarify their positions on every issue rather than just slagging each other off....

If I recall correctly wasn't the Trump vs Bernie polling giving Dems more a chance over Trump than Clinton.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join