It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California, Massachusetts and Nevada legalized marijuana on Tuesday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Representative Earl Blumenauer, Democrat of Oregon and a supporter of legalization, said Tuesday’s votes would add to the pressure on the federal government to treat cannabis like alcohol, allowing each state to decide on its own regulations.

“The new administration is not going to want to continue this toxic and nonproductive war on drugs,” Mr. Blumenauer said.
SOURCE

A popular saying is “As California goes, so goes the nation.” Could the legalization of marijuana catch on all over the country?

I checked Trump's stance on marijuana.

According to Trump, he is "in favor of medical marijuana 100%."
SOURCE

I feel like a Trump presidency opens up possibilities that didn't exist with the narrow thinking of the last several presidents. It feels to me as if almost anything could be potentially on the table.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

A popular saying is “As California goes, so goes the nation.”

If only that had been true this Presidential election

"In terms of marijuana and legalization, I think that should be a state issue, state-by-state. Marijuana is such a big thing. I think medical should happen — right? Don’t we agree? I think so. And then I really believe we should leave it up to the states. And of course you have Colorado. There's a question as to how it's all working out there, you know? That's not going exactly trouble-free." ~Trump

So it doesn't appear he supports fully legalizing marijuana.
edit on 9-11-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

join