It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

President Elect Trump Never Forgets Loyalty..Implications for Julian Assange Are Good.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
For the last four years, Julian Assange has been effectively held prisoner in the London based Ecuadorian Embassy for nothing more than cutting edge journalism.

During the Presidential campaign, Julian Assange has been a great asset to President Elect Trump releasing and publicising 10's of thousands of criminal Clinton's hokey emails, allowing the world to see, clearly what kind of person Clinton actually is, and not what she'd have wanted you to think about her.

This of course, has been a real boon to President Elect Trump's campaign and could well have tipped the scales in his favour during the election...since Loyalty is a big thing in the soon to be Trump Whitehouse, how will Trump winning the race now affect Julian Assange's virtual imprisonment?

I have a feeling that Sweden, and it's $15 Billion annual trade deal with America, with President Elect Trump in the Whitehouse, will suddenly discover that actually, there is NO charges for Assange to answer in Sweden, and that the whole thing has been a 'huge missunderstanding' and all calls for his arrest will be dropped.

I certainly hope so.

What do you guys think about Julian Assange's future, now the establishment is on the back foot with not a little help from Assange himself?

edit on 9 11 2016 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I hope Assange to be given clemency, for better or for worse he did his work as a messenger for transparency.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
We can only wait and see ..

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Perhaps Hillary can take his room at the Ecuadoran embassy .

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Completely agree...the real witch is gone, so it's fitting the witch hunt ought to stop for Assange.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Perhaps Hillary can take his room at the Ecuadoran embassy .

Love it...i doubt they'd take her though.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Serously thank you Assange! He is a true hero of freedom of speech a living embodiment of someone who deserves the nobel peace prize!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I highly doubt that Trump will establish any kind of relationship with Assange. It's best they keep their distance.

As long as Assange is still leaking, he will be holed up in the Ecuadorian embassy. No sitting president would offer any kind of asylum to someone in Assange's position.

In my opinion,

Assange > Snowden

But neither one of them deserves their own movie, yet.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

It would be richly deserved too.

There are brave people in this world who risk life and limb in their daily lives...but not many would paint a huge target on their backs and offer themselves up for target practice quite as readily as Assange has done for the sake of principle..he really does deserve a Nobel...more so than at least one that was awarded i can think of.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I highly doubt that Trump will establish any kind of relationship with Assange. It's best they keep their distance.

Perhaps Publically...at first. I suspect a lot of 'diplomatic maneuvering' behind the scenes a little later on will have Sweden rescinding their demands for extradition...after that, who knows.

But, it's certainly now more of a promising situation for Assange than it was only a few hours ago.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
It strikes me as likely that Assange would happily dump a truck of dirt on Trump if such information became available. I doubt that he's into the political carnival show and is more interested in the people's right to be informed.

That said, the timing of the Wikileaks dumps certainly indicates that he saw Hillary as someone not worthy of presidency, probably (as many people think) the greater of two evils.

Therefor, I doubt Trump will make any sort of deal on behalf of Assange. Would love to be wrong though.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Julian wasn't loyal to Trump. What a stupid thought that is. No, he was anti Hillary but will Trump drop the charges? Probably not since he loves Big Brother and thinks Snowden is a traitor.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Unresponsible

Agreed, Assange is about the right and wrongs in Political life, whomever the perps are...but even so, as you say nothing was released about Trump and a virtual library would have to exist to hold the dumps on Clinton, so yes, it does look like at the very least Assange saw a Clinton Whitehouse as being a total injustice.

And yes, i agree that time will tell...but all said and done, the omens are good.

It will probably be a case of a nod and a wink to the Swedes via the State department, and it will be sold as a new investigation from the Swedes revealed there was actually no case to answer...best situation for all concerned i think.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

What a stupid thought that is.

Hey Swills...don't pull your punches mate, say it like you mean it!

(fine really, VERY thick skin)
edit on 9 11 2016 by MysterX because: edited text

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Expecting Trump to follow traditional presidential behavior is not realistic. He was recently on the Alex Jones show and constantly referenced material leaked by Wikileaks to make arguments against Hillary. There is a fairly reasonable chance Trump will take action to have Assange freed.
edit on 9/11/2016 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

That's pretty much the cut and thrust of my thinking too ChaoticOrder.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Expecting Trump to follow traditional presidential behavior is not realistic. He was recently on the Alex Jones show and constantly referenced material leaked by Wikileaks to make arguments against Hillary. There is a fairly reasonable chance Trump will take action to have Assange freed.

I totally disagree. For Trump to make any move whatsoever towards freeing Assange would be seen as an act of collusion from the beginning.

What Assange does is illegal. For that reason and that reason alone a sitting president will not flirt with Assange.

And Trump has no jurisdiction over Assange's rape charges in Sweden.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

I totally disagree. For Trump to make any move whatsoever towards freeing Assange would be seen as an act of collusion from the beginning.

What Assange does is illegal. For that reason and that reason alone a sitting president will not flirt with Assange.

And Trump has no jurisdiction over Assange's rape charges in Sweden.

Really?

Sorry, but if you really imagine that the POTUS has no sway over other nations you're not seeing the big picture...Sweden has at least 15 billion reasons to do the USA a favour.

Most of the Politiking that goes on, is behind the scenes mate... and a lot of deals are done behind closed doors.

Why do you think Sweden has been so determined to get their hands on Assange all these years...because they are outraged a grown man, had sex with a grown woman without using a condom? The same woman who has admitted herself that the Police instructed her to make the complaint in the first place too..?

No mate...backroom deals.

For information, Assange did nothing illegal either, he published material that highly embarassed the USA and those Politicians named in the leaks..being a journalist and publishing Political missdeads and wrongdoings is not a crime, but a requirement of a healthy democracy.

The sources who obtained those leaks, are another matter...but as far as Assange goes, he did nothing illegal.
edit on 9 11 2016 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm scanning the online news sources to see if Julian Assange makes a comment about the Trump victory and what his take on events will be, if he comments that is.

I'll post here if i learn anything, and i'd appreciate it if anyone discovers the same to post here too.

Thanks all.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Irrespective of any formal acknowledgement from Trump towards clemency/other for Julian Assange', one thing is clear, he has referenced both Wikileaks and Assange on more than one occasion during his campaign as leverage towards attacking the DNC and Hillary.

I would not be surprised if Assange suddenly has the noose released, after all, it would be naive to presume that Wikileaks had no effect on todays outcome - people all over the planet have been exposed to an awful lot of damning information pertaining to the DNC and the Clintons. The MSM has had it's wake-up call, they are now not important in peoples every day lives - the truth is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join