It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Will Historians Place BARACK OBAMA in the Same Basket with JIMMY CARTER.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
November 9, 2016

With newly elected President Trump vowing to dismantle OBAMAcare, and reverse most executive orders penned by President Obama, isn't it likely that President Barack Obama and former President Jimmy Carter will be categorized as "nice guys", but failed Presidents?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Actually, I think Obama would have to be placed in an even worse basket than Carter.

edit on 11/9/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I am not sure about the former, but definitely the latter.
I don't think he is a nice guy. He didn't seem to have the best interests of the US at heart.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You don't think Obama is a nice guy...someone you could have a beer with?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Nah, I dont think so. I dont like Obama and his bait and switch preaisency and neocon foreign policy, but hes been fairly effective at what he wanted to do. Carter was weak and a bit incompent. Obama is strong and competent, if a viper in sheeps clothing.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Nah, I dont think so. I dont like Obama and his bait and switch preaisency and neocon foreign policy, but hes been fairly effective at what he wanted to do. Carter was weak and a bit incompent. Obama is strong and competent, if a viper in sheeps clothing.

That's not what the rest of the world thinks.

Middle east and Russia laughing at him.

Here in the Philippines President Duterte has a lot more.. colorful, things he's called him.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

Here in the Philippines President Duterte has a lot more.. colorful, things he's called him.

It will be interesting to see how Duterte plays this now the tied seems to be changing, I hope with Trump in charge we see a more unified globe and in the Philippines they can get the best from both sides rather than having to firmly side with one as would have been the case had Hilliary won.

I personally have no issue with a Philippines tied with China and Russia but I would much prefer a good partnership that includes the USA...

RA

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Barack Hussain Obama is the worst US president EVER..... and will reflect so in history.... then comes Carter.....

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

originally posted by: pianopraze

It will be interesting to see how Duterte plays this now the tied seems to be changing, I hope with Trump in charge we see a more unified globe and in the Philippines they can get the best from both sides rather than having to firmly side with one as would have been the case had Hilliary won.

I personally have no issue with a Philippines tied with China and Russia but I would much prefer a good partnership that includes the USA...

RA

I think, if Trump and his ambassadors are respectful to Duterte, relations will become good again.

Obama and his ambassadors did not understand Philippine culture to say the least.

Obama was an arrogant SOB to him. And the wester media full of outright lies. You saw it

Edit to add... just saw this which underscores what I said:

MANILA, Nov 9 (Reuters) - Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte offered "warm congratulations" to U.S. president-elect Donald Trump and looks forward to working with him to enhance relations, a Philippine minister said on Wednesday.

Duterte, who has expressed outrage almost daily with the Obama administration and threatened repeatedly to end one of Washington's most important Asian alliances, hailed the success of U.S. democratic system and the American way of life, Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar said in a statement.

Duterte "looks forward to working with the incoming administration for enhanced Philippines-U.S. relations anchored on mutual respect, mutual benefit and shared commitment to democratic ideals and the rule of law," he said.

link< br />
edit on 9-11-2016 by pianopraze because: eta

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

That would be correct.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
More like JFK.....

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Jefrey dahmer seemed like a guy you could have a beer with as well.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Now that he is Finally Gone , Obama will go Down in U.S. History as the Worst President We Ever Had . Forget about a Library , he will be Lucky to have an Electric Car Named after him .
edit on 9-11-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Historians will writer their first Pro-Tip.

Pro-Tip: if you are asking your boss for a promotion, don't call them 'deplorable'. Basket or not.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Obumma far worse than Carter ever was .

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Obumma far worse than Carter ever was .

I was quite young then, but I remember Jimmy Carter saying some strange things... Like "Lusting in his heart" for beautiful women. At least he didn't grope them, LOL.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
NO WAY.
Carter was WAY better and I wouldn't insult him in such a craven way.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Carter was a one termer and things got bad under him in a most egregious way. Not his fault, he just happened to be occupying the chair when it went down. Sort of the opposite of Clinton sitting in office when the Internet bubble maxed.

History being history, I think it'll view Obama more favorably than Carter. Facts are becoming ever more irrelevant. It's all about the PR and spin more than ever. IMO.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Obola was useless crap for this country. 8 years of stagnation and race relations pushed back 50.

Carter was heads and shoulders above this outgoing moron.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
There will be a brand-new basket woven for Barry...worst prez ever.

Carter was merely inept.
edit on 9-11-2016 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join