It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your workout routine? And why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
apc

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Eh just dont smoke menthols and you can do cardio just fine

(on a side note, finally a christian made a relevant contribution to a discussion... now if they'd just stfu before they start another war
)

All hail the 355mL press!

> Resume the J-curls! 1... 2... ... 6... 42... no wait... ... 1... 2...

[edit on 2-2-2005 by apc]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
ok well i used this ruten before but i went on vacatioin but im back and im using it a gain..

work out 6 times a week...

in morn.
Bridge: increase in time
pushups

afternoon:
run
(comehome) stretch
bridge
handstand (hold it for like 30 sec)
Wall walk ( thats when u go down on the wall with our hands, work your lower back)
Hindu squats (usually in high repititions, in hundreds)
handstand pushups
Hindupushups
pushups

then i do
situps
plank

and befor i go to sleep i crank in about 100 pushups

(when i do all the pushups and stuff tech. i usually do a pyramid thats doing like 12reps then11then10and so on untill i get to 1)

Im thinking of changing the way i train to doin all the stuff i do in the afternoon in the morning for better results...

ps. have any questions about this stuff look ub matt fury on google or the mad russian

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Everyday:

*Stretch
*Pushups
*Bicep Curls (with weights)
*Crunches
*Obliques
*Squats
*Lunges
*Calfs

Rest for 5 minutes

*Box with weights (2-3 minutes)
*Box without weights (1-2 minutes)
*Stretch again

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Wake up and eat breakfast first-a good breakfast, not cereal junk. Let it sit for about 30 min. As you're letting it sit, stretching would be good.

Start out with pull-ups, do as many as you can till you practically fall off the bar
Switch to push ups
Switch to jump roping
Switch to tricep push ups (basically push ups with your chest facing up, push up with your hands up two stairs on a stair case, feet on floor)
Switch to sit-ups
Switch to running up and down stairs
Repeat until you can't take anymore

After this main set, go for a jog or something.

Drink water till you spew

Do this at least six days a week

If you lift weights, go with monday wednesday friday, your muscles need time to rebuild.

That's my workout routine, I just go till I die.

Be sure to eat lots of carbs for energy and protein to encourage muscle development and repair, but have a good balance too.

When you get to the point where you feel like you can't go any further, go for the extra push up/pull up, etc. to make sure your muscles tear.

Forget joining gyms, do it yourself, buy your own weights(which I still need to get)

*Tip, when regular push ups get too easy, rest your feet up on a stair to put more weight up front

Also, for a more full arm workout from push ups, start with your hands touching eachother in the middle-helps your triceps-then move them to about shoulder length-helps biceps-then move them as far apart as you can go-helps separate quadriceps and biceps and works quadriceps

There's a big learning process in sculpting your body, you need to know what works what and stuff, so read up on this too.

I'm not that experienced with working out yet, but hey, I'm only 15, so cut me some slack.

[edit on 7-8-2005 by the_individualist]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
My daily plan,

Morning,
Do 15 mins of stretches

Eat, any brown cereal, energy drink,

50 push ups
another 10 mins of leg stretches,
30 min run,

After noon.

3hrs of dance training,
then 1hr gym work out,

evening,
50 sit ups
20 push up
2 hours of dance including 1hr of ballet.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
My problem is that I work out too much. Usually 7 days a week, but twice a month I'll take a day off the heal my muscles (I know thats not enough)
Here is my routine based on a 4 day cycle

day 1-shoulders and forearms
day 2-back and triceps
day 3-chest and biceps
day 4 (which I consider almost an off day because I am not that much into working out the following) cardio, legs and core muscles.

I begin all workouts with 5-6 minutes jog then proceed to the workout. Upon completion I cool down for 5-6 minutes then stretch the muscles that I have worked out. I stretch after my workouts not before, because I believe that a lengthened muscle is a weakened muscle.

I usually workout 7 days a week because I am addicted to it, it is my drug and mentally i have a tough time going without it. Hey I guess it beats snorting powder up my nose!

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I run, ride my bike, play outside, and swim.

Purely for my own enjoyment, which works perfectly for me.

Happy and healthy.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Sunday: Chest and Triceps
Monday: Cardio -30 minutes
Tuesday: Legs
Wedsday: Shoulders
Thursday: Cardio -30 minutes
Friday: Back and biceps
Saturday: Cardio -30 minutes

Subject to change pending travel for work.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Weight machines Mon, Wed, Fri

- Streches
- 1 set of double the number of reps at half weight to warm up
- 30 reps each at full weight in a circuit fashion (5-10 reps per circuit depending on what I can manage)

Takes about 1 hour 15 min.

I use 6 machines, all of which are maxed out (255) except curls (150) and leg curls (105lb but 160 reps total - knee injury prevents more weight)

I also swim quite a bit in warm whether and jog on occasion in cooler whether.

Why do I do it?
- To keep from dying prematurely
- To be strong (it's fun kicking my kid's butts on the jungle gym)
- To feel good
- To increase my overall energy levels
- To look good
- To increase testosterone
- To give myself 3 hours a week free of the demands of others

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I changed mine

Monday: Arms Chest and Calfs

Tuesday: Break

Wednesday: Quads, Hams, and Calfs

Thursday: Break

Friday: Back, Abs

Saturday and Sunday: Take a long break

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fighting Kentuctian
My problem is that I work out too much. Usually 7 days a week, but twice a month I'll take a day off the heal my muscles (I know thats not enough)
Here is my routine based on a 4 day cycle

day 1-shoulders and forearms
day 2-back and triceps
day 3-chest and biceps
day 4 (which I consider almost an off day because I am not that much into working out the following) cardio, legs and core muscles.

I begin all workouts with 5-6 minutes jog then proceed to the workout. Upon completion I cool down for 5-6 minutes then stretch the muscles that I have worked out. I stretch after my workouts not before, because I believe that a lengthened muscle is a weakened muscle.

I usually workout 7 days a week because I am addicted to it, it is my drug and mentally i have a tough time going without it. Hey I guess it beats snorting powder up my nose!

You are working out too much if you are weight training every day. Try each muscle group once per week 40 to 60 minutes per group until exhaustion and don't do them again until the same day the following week. Try mixing it up a bit. Because you use triceps alot benching and such, try switching them with your bicep routine. That way they aren't directly and indirectly worked twice the same week. If you need to fill the space in between like I do, try cardio in between. But, if its working for you, keep at it. It did not work for me because I was breaking down the same muscles before they could rebuild.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I try to run every other day, and when I'm not running, I go to the gym and lift weights. This works out perfectly so that everyday I'm doing something. On my running days, I'll do either 2 mile loop around my neighborhood, or a 3.4 mile loop. Then at the gym, I usually do bench, bicep curls on one of the various machines, shoulder, abs, legs, and sometimes tricep or back. Then I swim on some days.

Basically, I do it to feel good, look good, and be healthy. It's working out pretty well for me so far

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join