It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump and the GOP can repeal Obamacare...22 million people would lose health insurance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Trump has said before that he supports universal healthcare. You don't hear democrats talk about it because they'd have to praise him and you don't hear republicans talk about it because it goes against their views but he's said it. Plans to tax the wealthy to do it.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Trumps ideas for a new health system are genius.

HSA's. Nothing new under the Sun. We saw them during Bush's time in office. Not surprising.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The ObamaCare replacement is very simple. You can get the level of health insurance you want. Not what the government forces you to buy. For instance, most people don't realize that even 60 year old men/women have (and pay for) MATERNITY benefits under ObamaCare. If you don't need it, you won't have to have it.

Those who have chronic health conditions can enroll in the government-subsidized high risk pool. Same insurance as everyone else, but the government pays most or all of your monthly premium...depending on your income.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

You do realize Obama care was crashing don't you?? Most people had to be moved to medacade. And doctors and hospitals have started refusing them because they don't pay near the cost. The insurance companies are failing many are pulling out completely like blue Cross . If they don't repeal Obama care and come up with a different plan millions will have no insurance and millions more will have inadequate insurance. Even my insurance plan decreased trying to get in line with Obama care. My out of pocket expenses went way up.

Bottom line is Obama care has all ready failed maybe now the crash can be avoided.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
And they can still purchase insurance. Or not. They can choose again. Obamacare was the bait and switch from socialized healthcare. It was and is, in fact faacicized healthcare, by the veey definition.

Good riddance to that debacle.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Not when the only thing I've ever needed my whole life was Indica, to have some hope of getting some sleep, and they'd put me in prison for it. No, I never even went 'down there', even if I was for sucking off the masses, I always knew better.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I am an independent (meaning I vote for the candidate that is going to be best for me and my family) very socially liberal but fiscally conservative bread winning married mother of 2 that voted for the big O his second term (I wanted Ron Paul but alas...ugh!!! Still sick about it and yes, I see the irony) and I wanted Obamacare to work, I feel with all of my being that everyone should have healthcare and in no way is healthcare a luxury. So I was very excited about Obamacare but Obamas health care program actually failed so epically that it accomplished the exact opposite of universal healthcare for all and very nearly put us in the destitute box. We have insurance through my husbands massive corporate company, we can only afford what is essentially catastrophic insurance with a massive premium each month, a massive, massive deductible per person and no real otential savings with the "insurance rate" when doctor visit. I also had to fight tooth and nail for them to cover an ongoing schedule 2 prescription. Here is a true story example of the epic fail Obamacare...we never go to Dr. In my family unless something's broken/bleeding but my son had a lump in his testes and we needed to get it checked out, the 5 minute visit with Dr. and less then 5 minute sonogram is costing us a little under 4K cash out of our pockets which is insane since we pay well over $1K a month premium for a family of 5, we be screwed bad! The whole system is soooo messed up but I'm too tired to go into all of it, regardless of penalty we are dropping insurance this month during drop/add. Actually the penalty will cost way less then insurance but with the exact same results where I am bent over😇🙄
Very tired, hope makes sense...

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Good riddance to that aweful healthcare system. Rebuiblicans control the House / Senate/ and Congress so there should be ZERO reason why I can't be repealed and replaced with something better.

Penalizing people for not having healthcare and insane out of pocket costs? WTF kind of weed was Obama smoking? That dude was an idiot.

I pray to the almighty G man this horrible healthcare never happens again.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

How many of those 22 million even have medical problems?

How many of them actually need synthetic prescription DRUGS?

How many of them NEED bi-monthly checkups, or whatever the rate their feelings tell then they "need"?

When I say grow a pair, it aint just having the balls to not have 'health insurance' its about being such an active individual as to be so fit you dont actually NEED it.

Being a real person means you gotta break a sweat every now and then (everyday actually). You gotta actually lift a load. Shuffle things around. Do stuff that uses both brain and body simultaneously. You gotta work to be fit. You live by this you can be more human than human. I know this to be true. Even when society wont have you for being you, when it would loock up up for being non-conformist, for not having a sleep pattern lie they do, for not thinking and following like they do, you can be more human than human, and go most of your life not "needing" monthly installments.

Hillary was going to make "Medical" a FDA task, and was going to decimate the "legal" states (which by the way all voted ALL IN for her). Her history was the criminalization of sleep. As far as I'm concerned. Everyone that voted for her and her kind voted to LOCK PEOPLE UP. Especially on the state ballots. To me, all the naysayers on the state ballots they should be locked up. Taste of your own medicine.

edit on 9-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Is all about money right, the profiteers want it, the government want it, those that are on social programs never had it but still get it.

But the real question that none of the above ask is how about the tax payers that are been forced to pay for it, for themselves, for the profiteers, for the government and for those that never pay taxes at all.

Yes the tax payer never got a vote when it came to Obamacare.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Trumps plan was to create a transitional phase in the shut-down of Obamacare so no one would be without healthcare.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Aint no damn body got healthcare under ACA. It is an existence tax, and I am not paying a tax for my mere existence. Roll it all back before tax season so nobody has to pay it.

Amen brother!! They need to immediately remove the terrible idea that is tax you if you can't afford health insurance.

Then go from there.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Again, what you're saying simply doesn't make any sense.

From what I can gather the general idea you present is "Exercise and smoke pot and you won't need medical care". Is that roughly the translation?

Even if we're discussing a healthy adult - and ignoring the exaggeration of bi monthly doctors visits ( the guideline for most people is bi annual check-ups ) regular medical screenings are still recommended and considered necessary for disease prevention - which, btw is universally regarded as the most effective long term cost saving measure available to us.

But we're not discussing just healthy adults who may or may not choose to get stoned. We're discussing everyone... Infants, children, the elderly, the disabled, those with chronic diseases etc. These are high risk groups that absolutely need and deserve access to basic medical care - preventative, diagnostic and treatment based.

A diabetic, for example, can grow the biggest pair of brass bojangles in the history of the World - but all the balls in the world won't stop them from going into a diabetic coma if they don't have access to insulin.

edit on 11/9/16 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
So does this mean "THEY" will quit stealing $1207/month out of My police disability retirement check for "Affordable Healthcare"?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Now millions will lose healthcare and we get supreme court justices that overturn good things people worked for for decades, but, at this point, what difference does it make?

Millions might lose healthcare, but millions more will be able to actually afford it. You people seem to think we middle class workers can carry the load of the freeloaders getting free and subsidized healthcare, but don't understand that we can't afford it now.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That makes absolutely no sense at all. None.

If people are unable to access medical care, the reaction shouldn't be "grow a pair". It should be "OK. Let's fix this broken system so that nobody has to go without necessary medical care".

I'm all for that, just don't push me into debt in the process. I can't afford an extra $500 a month with $7,500 out of pocket. Unless you're disabled, you need to find a way to cover your own healthcare.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join