It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will things be different now with Trump?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
In my opinion the political system as a whole has been challenged by the people. It's faced turmoil and distrust with the very population it was made for. So much so that you see a trend of upraise from them in a multitude of ways. "My vote doesn't count." "The elections are rigged." We have seen in recent years people rising up against it, the Internet group Anonymous as an example, protest, both violent and non-violent. Claiming they are being ignored by those in power. That we need to rise up against it rather than work for change. It lacks a since of public opinion, it lacks what many consider an accurate reflection of the American people.

This kind of mentality is a plague to society and in my opinion one of the bigger players in what divides us as a country because it reflects that the people feel hopeless in the game being played. The system has had (Ever since Bush from what I can tell though I'm sure it extends further.) this since of secrecy, and division from the people. As if we have been looking for the person who is for the people, and not intertwined in political "families" if you will.

Granted, as with every American, we are all entitled to our own opinions and takes on political issues. This includes the president of the United States, and all others who work in offices of power that ultimately decide change. The current opinion of the people seems to be that it doesn't matter what they think.. Because it's the opinion of those in power that matter in the end anyway.

What we need in America is a President who has his/her own opinion, but can put their opinion aside for the greater good. For the people of America, so that they can be heard, rather than the few in power.

My question now. Do you believe things will be different now? Do you think Trump.. or any other person for that matter, can achieve this goal?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The bigger question is, how will Trump lose his live till january?
Will it be an "accident"?
Or will he be shot in public, like Oswald?

To your question:
No!
Because POTUS actors are what they are, actors without power, controlled by the puppetmasters behind the curtains, like it ever was. Or did anything change to a better with the change of any of the US presidents, or did the same US policy go on and on, only the people were distracted by that hollywood POTUS hype, thinking that the POTUS is the saviour of the average voting sheeples.

edit on 9 11 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

edit on 9 11 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Of course things will be different with Trump.

Did you get on the Hill train by mistake?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

My question now. Do you believe things will be different now? Do you think Trump.. or any other person for that matter, can achieve this goal?

Oh, it will be different. Hatred and racism has just been legitimatized. Blood will flow....

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Thank all three of you (with MAYBE the exception of DerBeobachter) for the facetious replies and not really answering, or contributing to my posts intent..
edit on 9-11-2016 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

It's more than just trump, Republicans now hold the majority over Democrats... there should be much less partisan squabbling now.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I see a lot of big and wild changes coming for America. Imagine Infowars being given white house press credentials to give us the real news, and CNN CNBC being completely blacklisted from having any reporters there? Hilarious possibilities.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I hope th hat we see a difference in the Department of Justice and the Director of the FBI.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: DerBeobachter

It's more than just trump, Republicans now hold the majority over Democrats... there should be much less partisan squabbling now.

It remains to be seen how the Republican elite that did their best to defeat Trump, in the primaries and the general election, decide to act.
Have they read the writing on the wall?
I do not believe that they have.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Let's be honest here, you don't actually think it's hilarious do you?

You're actually hoping it happens

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Oh, it will be different. Hatred and racism has just been legitimatized. Blood will flow....

um, no.
hatred and racism is what the democrats do. Obama has spent the last eight years criticizing law enforcement for doing its job and dividing us on every possible occasion. a Trump administration will support peace officers doing their jobs. the 'blue on black' violence myth will treated as such.

Trump will install independent administrators in the DOJ and FBI who will do their jobs and fully investigate the criminal activities of the Clintons, email and foundation.

we will have a rational Middle East policy.
we will not allow thousands of young males of questionable origin to flood into our country.
US jobs will be protected, not exported.

Trump's win is a good thing for the USA and for the world.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

originally posted by: olaru12

um, no.
hatred and racism is what the democrats do. Obama has spent the last eight years criticizing law enforcement for doing its job and dividing us on every possible occasion. a Trump administration will support peace officers doing their jobs. the 'blue on black' violence myth will treated as such.

Trump will install independent administrators in the DOJ and FBI who will do their jobs and fully investigate the criminal activities of the Clintons, email and foundation.

we will have a rational Middle East policy.
we will not allow thousands of young males of questionable origin to flood into our country.
US jobs will be protected, not exported.

Trump's win is a good thing for the USA and for the world.

Well said

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Im only certain of one thing, the people who elected him, if he happens to betray their trust, he will be out of office in bold fashion. Fear not.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Nope

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

nm

edit on 9-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
Im only certain of one thing, the people who elected him, if he happens to betray their trust, he will be out of office in bold fashion. Fear not.

Nonsense, he played the right game as he won, now it's a different game and he isn't stupid and the system doesn't allow radical gunf Ho presidents, he will play within the rules but as a CEO and not a military man, I he manages to make changes, but I don't expect wide scale radical changes, the stock market will overreact, he will have a massive task ahead of him just to be able to change anything, IMO (like Brexit) the people are fed up, if he can do anything to change the status quo then he has done his job.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Republican President
House retained Republican Majority (236)
Senate is Republican Majority (51)

That sets the stage for a government that can get things done....but we will have to wait and see.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
as much as I hope things will change for you guys. I expect nothing.
Maybe restore some relations with Russia, but apart from that...

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Everybody now believes in the power of voting and the electoral process again, even the people who voted for clinton: If that's not a win for the system I don't know what is.

You really can fool all of the people all of the time.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Im just saying I trust the people's judgement for better and for worse, not trying to bring any sort of division here, more like hope not fear

top topics

<<   2 >>

join