It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Convinced: SOMETHING May Have Spoke To Me

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Holy Moly. That purchase that wouldn't go through hours ago just went through..

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
It is good to prepare for disasters, even if it is just a large storm that knocks out services for a while. I suggest that you prepare for likely scenarios and put your fears to rest, living life in a state of paranoia is no way to live. If you truly believe in Christ, then live or die, there is no need for fear, in fact fear is a faith killer.

As far as buying prep-guides goes, there is tons of free and useful information available, just try not to go hog wild. It sounds like money is tight for you, best to take care of the most necessary expenses while building practical survival skills and knowledge. Get out and do some camping on public land where you can camp for free and practice survival skills that you've learned. The boy scout handbook is a great learning tool IMO and I believe you can get an older copy for free on line.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

It's a sign from the Devil! He works in mysterious ways...

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14
For all I know, this could all be coincidence.

That doubt is why you felt like you needed to be saved over and over.

Maybe nothing happens any time soon, yet you were still being called back to him?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Ironically, about a week or so ago, my husband informed me of the possibility of a solar flare knocking out technology. So, religion aside, I've been thinking about preparing a little for some sort of disaster.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

Definitely good to be prepared. I want to be clear (in case it wasn't obvious) I only mock the religious fear mongering aspect in all of this. Not that you became interested in purchasing material on the subject matter of survival.

That part I can get behind.

edit on 11-9-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Ironically, about a week or so ago, my husband informed me of the possibility of a solar flare knocking out technology. So, religion aside, I've been thinking about preparing a little for some sort of disaster.

Personally, I would think an EMP coming from the sun and knocking out the electrical grid and electronics is not as likely as other natural disasters. Do a study of what are the most likely scenarios where you live and prepare for those.

I've been developing my own prepper plans and have come up with a basic plan (or rule of thumb) that would have me prepared to evacuate within 3 hours or be ready to bug in (hold out in place at home) within 3 days with at least 3 weeks of supplies. To me that is minimal for most scenarios.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Boy did I really get mongered, didn't I??

Didn't take too long after I'd posted this for me to see how insanely ridiculous I was being. Told my husband that if we'd been at a church and heard that article as a sermon we would have all been at the front getting saved and viewing to change our ways lol

I'm still going to read through these guides. Can't hurt to prepare just a little, just in case. Im just a tad bit annoyed at myself for paying for DIGITAL COPIES of survival guides. Didn't make sense for them be digital if so technology is supposed to be wiped out. Guess I better start reading now..

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Yea, like I said, can't hurt to prepare, even if just a little. My husband keeps laughing at me. Says I'm silly. He isn't completely against the whole idea of having a plan to fall on, he just personally believes that everything is predestined. He says we have no control over any thing at all. That everything is already set in stone so even if we prepare for a natural disaster we're all going to die anyways. Just like no one can change the past, we have no control over how the future unfolds.

Idk. I probably wouldn't be so freaked out over this and insistent on a plan of action if it weren't for my kids.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Didn't make sense for them be digital if so technology is supposed to be wiped out. Guess I better start reading now..

LOL! Wow...

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

. . . he just personally believes that everything is predestined. He says we have no control over any thing at all. That everything is already set in stone so even if we prepare for a natural disaster we're all going to die anyways. Just like no one can change the past, we have no control over how the future unfolds.

It's hard argue destiny or fate, but as we can't change the past, I believe that it's not true we have no control over the future. We can't see the future, but I think we have a say in it. Maybe your destiny is to be prepared and survive a disaster for the sake of your children, unless you decide that preps are futile and allow chance to rule your fate and determine your destiny.

As far as "we're' all going to die anyway" well, that's the reality of our mortal existence, no one gets out of it alive.

Unless some divine intervention occurred on your behalf, or you have incredible luck that shatters the odds, leaving things to chance is asking for a rough ride in life. Don't find comfort in "normalcy bias" where you think that things around here have been the same for a few generations now, so they'll continue to be the same in the future, so don't worry. IMO things change, that is fate and destiny, it's better if you can roll with the changes by being prepared rather than blowing randomly around in the wind.
edit on 25-11-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

edit on 25-11-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: edit for clarity

top topics

<< 1   >>

join