It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Congratulations to President-elect Donald Trump.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Why ever not?

I've never hesitated to complain/fuss/whine about someone I've voted for. No, I don't like him, that should be fairly obvious, but he deserves a chance to get it right.

All he has to do, is do what the majority of Americans want him to do, while at the same time attempting to ensure that the minority are protected. [sarc]Easy-peasy![/sarc]

To do this, he needs our support--no matter how reluctant. If he screws up, all bets are off, and they should be.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for an egotist of his calibre, he literally has the fate of the world in his hands. He needs to, now, tonight, start to work with those who are going to be in leadership positions in Congress, not just the majority, but the minority, as well.

How much support can he actually count on in Congress? That is going to determine his tenure in office. Will his ego allow him to be humble enough to ask for help, or will it demand autocratic behavior, which won't go down well, at all.

If he truly is the independent he's attempted to portray himself as (I've doubts, a lot of them.) he's going to have to work with both sides.

His cabinet choices are going to go a long ways towards the success, or lack there of, his administration may or may not have. Newt Gingrich, a name that's apparently being bandied about, will not win him many friends on the minority side of the aisle. Hopefully, this occurs to him. If it does to me, certainly someone on his staff can enlighten him.

Ah, well...

We shall see, what we shall see.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: enjoylifeThanks and welcome to ATS. I felt we blew a chance to make a better world back during the 90s when we didn't pursue better relations and hope now we will get it right

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: enjoylife

I hope so man.. I hope so.
edit on 9-11-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

The Hilderbeast is wondering how the hell she is going to pay back the BILLIONS she owes for favours...

Madonna's sleazy suggestion to garner votes comes to mind. I'm sure she'd be willing to lend Hillary a hand or chapstick.

I mean what do you give people who have absolutely everything except...the office of POTUS!!!

Congrats Mr. President and your/our gorgeous/gracious First Lady Melania.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Im sure he was a plant. I dont believe in all of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join