It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wins Election, Big victory!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
Can't wait for school tomorrow.

Lib tears will flow like wine

Stay safe all.

You, Sir, are a prophet. I stayed at work and bathed in their tears. LOL

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

How old are you?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
a reply to: fencesitter85

Glad you finally posted! 10 years - wow. As to the contents of your post:

Well said!

I was more "conservative" a few years ago but then realized that some people on the "left" had some really good ideas. How to implement said ideas was always a quagmire though and still is.

We need the Liberal voices to remind us of our humanity. And where possible, we should study and then implement the best of those ideas. Like for instance: making College free for those that earn it via grades, etc. We're so stupid as a country not to do that...

And the list goes on...

Thanks for the welcome (and also to Informer1958). To be honest, the older I get (30 now) the more I realise that people on the far left and people on the far right are equally as bad as each other. I just don't see how it's possible to say "I am completely conservative/liberal on every issue" - there's just too broad a spectrum of concerns.

I feel like the majority of us are those stuck in the middle between SJWs and rednecks just trying to say "Hey guys, let's not be dicks about everything, can't we concede that our opinions differ and try to find a middle ground?" but life doesn't work like that.

As Informer1958 rightly points out, manners seem to have been largely lost on the Internet these days. I hate to sound like an old man, but when I was 16 or so the Internet seemed to be mostly nerds and gamers. Granted I've probably got the rose-tinted specs on, but over the years as the 'normal' folk discovered forums and social media became a thing, everything has become a vile mudslinging contest. Celebrities getting rape threats because they said something someone disagreed with, kids bullying each other, constant clickbait designed to enrage people into increasing ad revenues. It's all a bit disappointing. At least back when it was just FPS/RPG nerds saying "I did your mom, you're #" it was a bit less... I dunno, horrible.

And don't get me started on parents/grandparents discovering social media... my god. Anyway I'm digressing hugely here. Trump won, Brexit is happening, let's get on with it without being smug nasty bastards to each other. There's enough hate in the world as it is.

/fencesitter85

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: bastion

SNIP

Yet another amazing post and containing a lot of information I was not aware of and I completely agree with your points - however China also has the upper hand of having bought up trillions in US debt since the US crashed the Asian markets in the 80s - at any time they want/need they can recind those bonds and completly destroy the US dollar overnight and cause hyperinflation on a scale unimaginablle.

No idea how well known this is in the US but I was completely mind blown when I found out a few years back - ok article here - usgovinfo.about.com... but an Adam Curtis film goes into a lot of detail on how they have strageically placed this to target essential national infrastructure in the event of war and out of revenge for the US collapsing the SE markets - it's part of the All Wacthed Over By Machines of Loving Grace series (think it's part 1)

Thank you for such a well written and informative post, I've got a lot of reading to do - now this is what I consider real poltical discussion and debate.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: spamray

Why do they never want to move to Mexico?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Thank god....

I'm ready for ATS to go back to normal crazy instead of right wing crazy so I can actually visit here again without realizing how crazy I am. Getting out of the rabbit hole for the last four years was super boring.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Floydshayvious

Well, I certainly hope it doesn't settle into left-wing crazy. Just trying to equal out the shots.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
I certainly hope people didn't vote for Trump because of all these fake stories. I hope it had more to do with the things she really did wrong (such as the email investigation, or the pay for play). Truthfully, I think it had more to do with Hillary's general unlikeability than anything else, along with an overwhelming urge from most Americans to throw a giant grenade into established government.

I wanted Gary, not that this was likely, as both the others terrify me, differently though.

But as a long-time single mom, bred and raised in the uber-blue mid-so CA coast, I still wouldn't vote for her if paid. And honestly if a 15-nationality, female, single mom doesn't want to vote for her, something's either gone terribly awry with her marketing, or it's just her.

Had nothing to do with accusations or stories or even formal investigations, none of which I pay much attention to, I don't watch the news, am not real into politics, and never feel like I'm well informed enough to truly know. I rarely believe much of anything about anybody when there is competition going on. Nor will I believe accusations or even investigations about anybody until they are proven guilty -- that is injust, IMO, on either side. So I am forced to go on what they themselves represent about themselves.

And, hopefully obviously, I am not biased because she's a woman. (Thatcher for example did a very good job -- well, for her party, if one was geared to that -- at least as well as any man, in any case -- for the UK.)

And while there are many things to dislike about both HC and DT when it comes to what they have said over the years or how they behave toward other people (she was pretty horrid to women accusing her husband -- the long list of them lol -- and I remember government people standing on the floor reading stuff into the congressional record so it wouldn't get lost, about the two of them and the curious body count behind when BC was newly in), but I feel there are much larger, more important issues when it comes to hiring for the job of CEO of the most powerful country on the planet than whether people are kinda jerks to women for example -- some of the most successful men I have ever known, as CEOs, were the absolute biggest boneheads in the world, especially to women, sorry to say. That doesn't make me oblivious to their skills at their job. So they both suck on that front (and she said women understood things like families and jobs better than men -- gak! a man would have been crucified if he'd said the reverse of that!) but I focus on larger things.

Like:

She openly said she would attempt to kill the second amendment. To me that makes her an enemy of the state. I could probably just stop there.

But, also, she is part of "the system" that is killing us and has been for decades, part of "the dynasty" we can't seem to get rid of, and beholden to the same money people Bush and others are -- it's a big cola war, what a marketing joke. DT spent his own money and didn't have the beholden factor and isn't part of "doing the same-thing repeatedly and expecting a different result" insanity we've had going for a long time now.

He is part of a different, new insanity. We will all go to hell in a handbasket together no matter who ends up in the chair, but it's sure to be, if nothing else, DIFFERENT with DT driving -- and I see "novelty" as "opportunity to interject something different into a dysfunctional cycle." It's like in programming, I sometimes intentionally break something "else" to see more clearly what's going wrong and where, or because I can better afford for X to be broken or incomplete than Y at the moment.

I didn't vote for DT but I hope like hell that being, apparently, too stupid to know that his optimism is unlikely, he might actually accomplish some of it.

I'm glad someone seems to care about our country. I find that inspiring. (Had he not been such a lunatic in his comments I'd have voted for him.) I feel like nobody can make time for "us" between the permawars and kardashians. And like the good of corporations has become the bad of our nation -- they are vampires to us now rather than contributors. Maybe it's just a marketing schtick he's got, that he focuses on economy, jobs, veterans, and border security -- things that matter to me too -- but it's a good schtick if so, and nobody else seems likely to improve any of those things.

Of course, the red side has the house AND senate AND chair. No matter which side has that, it usually means something might finally get accomplished. So I suspect we should all be afraid, ha! But who knows? I like to think there is hope.

The republicans in office mostly seem to hate him -- they're all pretending 'cause he got the nom and won the vote, but don't be fooled -- if even George Will went into a whole weeping and gnashing of teeth about him, repeatedly, you know he's really set off even the most calmly true-conservative people there are. But most the reps and dems are corporatists. To whatever degree DT is not, I will consider it literally some kind of last-second gift from the gods.

Turns out, Hillary was a much weaker candidate than I thought -- And already I'm on record saying she's the second least electable candidate of my lifetime. Turns out, that title goes to Trump.

Ha! Surely Kerry's on the list! Oh and Dukakis ('88, electoral vote 111:426, to Bush).

RC

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalan
a reply to: bastion

because people actually believed he would 'make America great agaiin' by spouting racist, homophobic, sexist, anti disabled and completely unfounded statements.

This is a pretty big reason as to why people voted for Trump.

"Everything I don't like is racist, sexist, homophobic, bigoted, buzzword, buzzword, white privilege, ableist, problematic"

"You can't do that, you can't disagree with me, blah blah blah"

Nobody cares. Everyone hates you. Trump is a symbol that represents the death of sjw's.

Call me an SJW again and I will tear your #ing skin off, I will wear it to your mother's birthday party, and rub your nuts up and down her leg whilst whistling Bohemian fcking Rhapsody. Right?

Today you have laid your first big fat egg of solid f*ck. You took the data loss media strategy and you ate it with a lump of E.coli. And then you sprayed it out of your arse at 300 mph. Your supposition sucks cock, it sucks cock so hard my bellend is wearing your appendix like a little hat.

Me SJW? Please reread my posts - Trump won fair and square, I hope for all Americans and the world that he does a good job. Yes I do treat things with kids gloves, only problem is the gloves are made from real kids. He's so dense light bends around him. I'd love to stop and chat to you but I'd rather have Type 2 diabetes.

I'm not an SJW - I openly encourage debate and seek views that are contrary to my own as it's the only way to learn and advance ideas. I'm a fan of that Iandianapoudus or whatever he's called guy who winds them up (camp british Brietbart writer) as he exposes how ludicrous their policy is and how it's impossible to have a debate if you have to pre-vet every single word to make sure no one can ever possibly be offended by it.

In my opinion SJW's are annoying and a threat - I'm disabled, I call myself the special needs donkey, a spacker and call my fits a spack attack - I'm far more offended by people who step in and try and silence others from calling me names as I can stand up for myself, names don't hurt me, what hurts me is people acting as if I'm some poor defenceless person who can't stand up for theirself simply because I have a disability - I actively encourage people to laugh at my disability as it makes me feel like a normal person not some delicate little snow flake who can't handle a joke.

As someone from the UK, the entire idea of safe spaces is completely alien to me and idiotic - especially on universities etc...how are people going to learn if only one view is allowed, how are these SJW's going to cope in the real world facing real problems if a word that may be called mildly offensive causes them to have a breakdown.

I abide by the Stephen Fry quote:

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so #ing what."

Note to mods, this isn't to attack the poster it's to prove a point I actively use socially innapropriate language, just in the right context.
edit on 9-11-2016 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsntLifeFunny

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: slider1982

Trump said he will get a prosecutor to go after Hillary.

Did you hear the victory speech? He obviously was lying about that.

You sound disappointed he didn't rant and rave on her at his acceptance speech so you could say, "see! He's a nazi vigilante! Breaking laws already!!"

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsntLifeFunny
By the way, to all the idiots ruling the day, Clinton won the popular vote. Thank the heavens the roles weren't reversed, as there would have been an uprising.

Yup!

Rwanda would have looked like a kids birthday party compared to what would have happened.

Death marches, camps, it would have been like War of the Worlds only worse.

Good thing people gave her the popular vote and that didn't happen. Phew!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Thats right folks, Trump is getting ready for his announcement.

It's over for the Clintons. Now they can use what's left of their foundation money to buy their way out of prison.

The American people have spoken, they are awake thanks to alternative media and shows like Alex Jones and many others.

The American propaganda machines have failed miserably.

Trump just won Pennsylvania.

living in NYC, people were distraught today. In the subway, at work, at the grocery store..

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

a reply to: GodEmperor

I agree with you.

At least they won't have the opportunity for four years.

If Trump just does one third of what he says he will do, I will vote for him again.

I just hope everyone can keep up with him.

The guy is a machine.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Thats right folks, Trump is getting ready for his announcement.

It's over for the Clintons. Now they can use what's left of their foundation money to buy their way out of prison.

The American people have spoken, they are awake thanks to alternative media and shows like Alex Jones and many others.

The American propaganda machines have failed miserably.

Trump just won Pennsylvania.

living in NYC, people were distraught today. In the subway, at work, at the grocery store..

Protests in NY on the tv.

The left is losing their minds.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Thank God he won. However, I was taken back when he gave the speech that "Hillary has worked hard....". Could be wrong, but it seems that Trump would not seek to indict Hillary which is giving me some doubts. But we'll see what happens.
edit on 9-11-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958 Ha ha ha. He took you guys for a ride. Enjoy the consequences. A billionaire looking after the little guy!. What planet do you guys live on?. Look at his business history. I am LMAO. I am buying more pop corn. I am looking forward to see you guys eventually realizing that he conned you. Hey trumspters, I have a bridge in death valley that I will sell cheap. I can't laugh enough at your stupidity.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: adamsc

who on earth said he was looking out for the little guy? it's not his job to look out for the little guy. it's his job to work for the people within the frame work of the constitution.

at this point that means restoring a constitutional government by repealing Obama care, restoring full second amendment rights and stopping states like cali from abusing them, getting rid of the corrupt politicians and stopping the military industrial complex. if he can do just that and nominate supreme Court justices that will actually read the constitution instead of interpreting it how they see fitthen he will be the best president in over 100 years

jaden

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Oh my god, you really are that delusional?. I feel sorry for you guys. He will do nothing for you . Why do you guys not think above the level of a monkey?. Stay delusional you dimwits. Good god, you americans are getting really dumb by the day. God help you.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21502033]adamsc[/post

If you are that dumb to believe him, so be it. I think he is a snake oil salesman and you will find out very soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join