It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Condoleezza Rice's "Failed Policy"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Sen. Edward M. Kennedy and other Democrats assailed President Bush's decision to go to war with Iraq Tuesday and declared they would oppose Condoleezza Rice's nomination as secretary of state as a principal architect of a failed policy.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050125/ap_on_go_co/senate_rice

Kennedy (D-Mass) attacked Rice with charges that as Bush's national security adviser, provided Congress with "false reasons" for going to war. Had she not falsified "it might have changed the course of history."

Looks like Democrats when on a rampage today, following Kennedy was Sen Mark Dayton (D-Minn) accused the Bush administration of lying
and said he was voting against Rice's confirmation as a way of trying to stop mistruths
. Sen Carl Levin (D-Mich) attacked Rice by claiming she concealed CIA skepticism that Iraq was trying to obtain uranium for a nuclear weapons program from Africa
. IMO the Republican argument for Rice so far has been weak at best. Sen Kay Bailey Hutchinson (R-Tex) agreed that while mistakes were made it was wrong to rehash them.
She felt Rice has held a "steady hand" in staying the course on the war on terrorism, "I think Condoleezza Rice is the most qualified person"

I'm sure Alberto Gonzales will be the most qualified person too..

[edit on 25-1-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Wow look at the fustration in this woman's eyes!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
How could anyone trust this woman? And my boy Ted Kennedy is all over her!!....

new topics

join