It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive energy blackout in Murmansk, Russia after reported blast at power station

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Interesting timing.

RAW: Blast reported at power station in Murmansk, Russia

(RT.com)-There is apparently no electricity in government headquarters in the city center, FlashNord reported citing its correspondent in the area. Lights have been off in both central areas and in the outskirts, according to SeverPost.

www.rt.com...

Full story and another video here^
edit on 8-11-2016 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

This is sounding off so many warning bells in my brain right now it's not even funny. I don't know precisely why, but I have a very bad feeling about this.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
#, i bet this is some sort of preemptive attack. Hit the bunkers!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Well. Thanks Obama.

Or Hillary.

Or Trump.

Probably not Johnson though.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Me too. After the statement about the US having access to their power grid...Very worrying.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Geomagnetic storm and ageing infrastructure?

But yeah, a bit too coincidental for my spidey sense

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

It is oddly coincidental. But I would wonder

1) Where exactly is this?
2) are there geomagnetic storms or other effecting the area?
3) How old is this thing?

eta: From RT

"Not the whole city has been left without electricity, but only its smaller part," the company spokesperson added.A source in the local emergency services told RT firefighters were dealing with the incident and there was no further threat to civilians. There is no panic in the city, a local official said.

edit on 8-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Wasn't there just a coronal mass ejection, too? Found an article that says it is supposed to hit today: HERE

Now, on top of everything else that’s scheduled to go down tomorrow, it is being projected that a powerful coronal mass ejection (CME) is set to hit Earth tomorrow, and not just hit earth but a direct hit is in our forecast. According to Space Weather Live, “A coronal mass ejection (or CME) is a giant cloud of solar plasma drenched with magnetic field lines that are blown away from the Sun during strong, long-duration solar flares and filament eruptions.” What this means is the very real potential for strong geomagnetic storms here on Earth. Potential storms from CMEs like this have been known to cause everything from lost satellite control to radio and television interference to power grid disruption and failure. For example, in March 1989, a powerful CME caused strong variations in the Earth’s magnetic field which tripped circuit breakers in Québec’s power grid, causing a massive blackout. What makes this timing even more unsettling is the fact that just weeks ago, Obama signed a brand new executive order on October 13, 2016 specifically regarding Department of Energy, Department of Defense, and Homeland Security coordination in handling “space weather events” as reported by Mac Slavo over at SHTFplan.com:

That was my first thought when I heard massive power outage... but, it sure could be something else...
edit on 1182016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

edit on 1182016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

That too. But it seems to be mainly under control now.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I agree. This smells of a pre-emptive strike. If it saves the sanctity of our election... Well done Obama.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
haven't seen many electrical problems with emergency vehicles already there, and some guy just conveniently taping, comon more details please.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Well. Thanks Obama.

Or Hillary.

Or Trump.

This one reeks of a certain , lying , conniving , scheming hussy . In hopes she will win the Presidency ? Obama hasnt got the sense and Trump is friends with Putin ,

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

This is sounding off so many warning bells in my brain right now it's not even funny. I don't know precisely why, but I have a very bad feeling about this.

I know why.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

The CME scale is as follows: A , B, C, M, X (1, 2, 3,...)

Space weather says that the CME is only a B1 which is pretty tame (until the X size, they go "t, 2, 3" then next letter). M class will me take notice. It is the X class ones to look out for! They are so powerful that they just add numbers afterward (X1, X2, etc). The Carrington Event is estimated to be X 23 size.

So, not sure if that is the cause. Maybe a sign from the heavens about election results but probably not the cause of explosion.

edit on 8-11-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm going with the logical explanation of something exploded most likely due to human error..

Based off the info listed so far it is what makes sense.

Since I have no issue in believing in consequences this explosion doesn't have to be a part of some nefarious plot..

Again based on the info posted so far..

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

There is apparently no electricity in government headquarters in the city center
Coincidentally specific, considering this recent admission.

The US government has reportedly “penetrated” Russia’s telecommunications networks and electric grid to be ready to “hit back” in case Russian intelligence agencies carry out a cyberattack on election day.

SOURCES:

INDE PENDENT

RT (Ruptly)

Etc.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Well. Thanks Obama.

Or Hillary.

Or Trump.

What is Murmansk?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Sigh... I hope its nothing... I also truly dislike living in downtown Seattle... Seattle feels all too close to Russia...... I need a drink

new topics

top topics

join