It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Volatile and Critical' Shooting Asuza, CA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
LA Times

police are responding to a report of a shooting with at least four people injured in Azusa.Few details were released about the shooting, which occurred sometime after 2 p.m. in a residential neighborhood in the area of Fourth Street and Orange Avenue, said Officer Jerry Willison of the Azusa Police Department.“This is a very volatile and critical situation,” he said.

There is a shelter in pace order and the school district was in lockdown at 2:15 PST.

The Los Angeles County Fire Department reported firefighters were treating four patients, but their injuries were not immediately known because the situation was “not contained.”

The school lockdown is for Slauson Middle and Mountainview Elementary as well as a nearby daycare.

This is a developing story.

edit on 8-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

At 3:10 PST the 'shelter in place' order was still in effect.

FOX13 POlling Place also in Lockdown

ETA: There is 1 fatality, according to the LA Times.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Dammit, thats the last straw...

Im voting for Hillary and get these damned guns outlawed.

Was just on my way out to vote Trump, but not now.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Ummm... this is not a political thread. It's just news and I wasn;t thinking about gun laws as I wrote it.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Criminals don't care if the guns they are using are illegal. Kind of takes the crime........Well.......Out of crime, no?

They'd just use a knife, or a sword. Maybe they'd use a 'government approved' weapon?

No one in the world is ever safe from psychopaths. Ever. The one's you should fear the most are the ones offering to 'protect' you. Trufax.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm just going to speculate on this one...

My bet is it's Azusa 13.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Apparently a polling place was locked down as well.

Is that a district number?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

It seems like a shooting in a bad neighborhood, nothing to do with voting.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

It's a gang, and unless the shooting was at the polling station, I'm thinking that's the most likely scenario.

I'm sure the details would have specified if it was at the polling place, or apparently politically motivated, if that were the case.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

It's a gang, and unless the shooting was at the polling station, I'm thinking that's the most likely scenario.

I'm sure the details would have specified if it was at the polling place, or apparently politically motivated, if that were the case.

The FOX local station says the shots were not inside. Multiple people are sheltering in place in the polling place. The shots were in the general neighborhood.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I live right next to this. It was at the polling station, outside. I have this on my scanner, no description from police other than a guy wearing Kevlar vest and has a high power rifle.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

In that case, just another day in paradise.

What is striking, these types of shootings are not reported on, nor are the solutions to reduce the violence.

Lack of education, lack of job opportunities, and the war on drugs are the primary culprits. The only thing people will propose, policy-wise, are either more gun control or tougher punishments. It's really sad.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonfamily
I live right next to this. It was at the polling station, outside. I have this on my scanner, no description from police other than a guy wearing Kevlar vest and has a high power rifle.

That definitely changes things...

White nationalist?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

User Actions
Follow

Shelby GradVerified account
‏@shelbygrad
Latest on Azusa shooting:
--Happened near polling place.
--Active shooter is heavily armed.
--At least 4 shot.

@Shelby Grad

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It was near a polling place, but people should not jump to conclusions. It is a gang heavy area. Schools were locked down, residents told to shelter in place.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

Criminals don't care if the guns they are using are illegal. Kind of takes the crime........Well.......Out of crime, no?

They'd just use a knife, or a sword. Maybe they'd use a 'government approved' weapon?

No one in the world is ever safe from psychopaths. Ever. The one's you should fear the most are the ones offering to 'protect' you. Trufax.

You're safer outside of America because of the number of guns. But yeah, carry on making excuses.
edit on 8-11-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I am not finding anymore details, other than there is is 1 fatality.

I am looking at LA Times and at FOX13 (oddly, the FOX station notes 2 CNN reporters contributing). But no further details.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I am not finding anymore details, other than there is is 1 fatality.

I am looking at LA Times and at FOX13 (oddly, the FOX station notes 2 CNN reporters contributing). But no further details.

What? As in CNN reporters helping them with the story??

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
No bs i took my daughter to this park and we took off from the park at 2:00 pm. THe polling station is in the front and the police station is to the left if your looking at the polling station. Its interesting so close too home

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If it were any other day, nobody would care about a shooting in Azusa.

It's common for that area, but this one can be capitalized on.
edit on 8-11-2016 by GodEmperor because: sp

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
May god bless USA

new topics

top topics

join