It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just voted Gary Johnson for POTUS. 5% is all we need.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I say any vote but Clinton will put us on a better track. If there's any chance to change our direction of destruction is to break the chain of dynastic rule and start fresh. Trump 2016

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Perot was an independent, IIRC.

The Reform Party grew from Perot's candidacy, but I don't believe he ran as a Reform Party candidate.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: reldra

love me some gary but as a libertarian shouldn't he be against any funds being allotted to candidates? messed up when you have to play by their corrupt rules to play the game.

I am not a liberttarian, so I am really not sure. I think some funds should be given, but I also think the amount should be reduced.

I think that third arties should actually get more funds, to make the playing field more even. If one is already a multi millionaire, I am not sure why they would get any extra help.
edit on 8-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes

I agree...most voters are fiscally conservative/socially liberal. A strong Libertarian Party is something the U.S. needs.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
As did I. No 3rd's ever going to get enough votes to breach 5% if no one ever votes for them in the first place. Enough is enough, I'm not playing the mental gymnastics excuse game to keep the unsatisfactory status quo.
As it stands right now, I'm happy with neither mainstream candidate -- they're each a s# sandwich with the one having a condiment option of mayo and the other being miracle whip and I don't like either. Therefore, I choose giving 2020 a fairer playing field with more & better options.

Nothing will ever change to our true liking if we keep sitting on our collective asses just bitching about it.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Good job mate! I did the same. I actually really wanted to vote for Jill Stein but she wasn't on the Ballot in Nevada so it was Johnson. Pointless voting for the lesser of two evils or the less stupid of two imbeciles, like Hillary or Trump. Never before, in recent memory have third party candidates gotten this much support and exposure. We have to keep this momentum going!

Don't let the negative Nancy's and losers bully, harrass or shame you into voting for one of the two establishment candidates. Every vote counts.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: BlueShaman
Thank you for not voting for the witch.

Donald's is many things, but he's not a witch!

More of a warlock

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I did as well.

I hope to see his numbers surge in the coming hours.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I also wasted my vote on Gary. If he can't get the 5% is this election between these two trashcans I'm all in on the tinfoil hat train. I refuse to believe 5% of the public can't do it this year.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There is one comment I hear a lot that absolutely drives me insane:

"A vote for (insert alternative party) is a vote for (whoever the enemy is to that person)."

No, a$$hat, I vote for who I want to vote for because I'm an individual and a free thinker who doesn't vote for the garbage that's fed to me from corrupt media outlets. My vote is for whom I want it to be...not who you want it for be for"

I also voted for Johnson. I know he won't win, but maybe there's a chance he gets some electoral votes and keeps trump or Clinton from getting to 270. Also very unlikely, but still.

Why people are so ignorant to the option of a 3rd party absolutely boggles my mind. I don't claim any party as my own...I have more conservative values than anything. Throughout this whole cluster of a circus...my biggest objective is telling people there are other options. I even advocated for Jill Stein despite my overwhelming disagreance in her political ideology. She's still better than the two that are shoved down our throats.

And still...people complain about who they're stuck with voting for despite the options that are going to be right there on the ballot in front of them. Total insanity.

On a side note, In the next edition of "what difference does it make; 2020 Election", I'd like to see the libertarian ticket consist of Rand Paul and Austin Peterson.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I did similar, voting for Jill Stein. I also live in a deep blue state, so I know that Clinton will carry the electoral votes, but today I voted to broaden the options for 2020.

Clinton or Trump. It doesn't matter who wins, because regardless of the results, we're all going to eventually lose.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArdentAngel

I did similar, voting for Jill Stein. I also live in a deep blue state, so I know that Clinton will carry the electoral votes, but today I voted to broaden the options for 2020.

Clinton or Trump. It doesn't matter who wins, because regardless of the results, we're all going to eventually lose.

I was so upset when I checked my ballot the other day and she wasn't on it. LOL But I'm okay with feeding the momentum the Libertarians have as well.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I voted Trump, Ill eat the hell out of Garys edibles though.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Thank you for that correction, for some reason I had it stuck in my head that he was 3rd party.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Voted for Gary Johnson too.

Let's get to 5%.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArdentAngel

I'm way more Libertarian than Green Party, but I respect them a heck of a lot more than Democrats and Republicans. I can respect anyone voting for Stein.
Good job!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I didn't know this:

If the Libertarians can get 5% of the vote this year, it means that we will receive matching funds and a national stage in the next election.

Thanks Glad, I always thought people voted third party just as a protest vote. I didn't realize there was a game plan behind it.

S&F

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Maine is voting to use instant runoff voting instead of first past the post.

FPTP has been proven to be flawed.

Ranked choice voting is a better democratic process.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Ok, I did it. I voted for Johnson.

My polling location was not busy, at all, and there was only one other signature on the polling-book page that my name was on. Roughly 15 other names had no signatures.

So...in my world, voter turn out was not impressive.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
Ok, I did it. I voted for Johnson.

My polling location was not busy, at all, and there was only one other signature on the polling-book page that my name was on. Roughly 15 other names had no signatures.

So...in my world, voter turn out was not impressive.

Ours was light. It was steady but no line. one or two people coming in every few minutes. But we had massive early voting in Vegas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join