It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Releases Being Slowed by DDOS attack from Microsoft and others.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
First of all I know nothing about this stuff but I made some observations and was loosely connecting the pieces.

I read on Twitter that wikileaks is under a DDOS attack which is limiting their ability to release info.

I check on the Norse Attack Map and their is a tiny little town called De Kalb Junction in New York that is getting hammered right now by Microsoft and others.

I read in another post that this De Kalb Junction may be a site for VPN or something.

Any of you pro out there care to add?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Usualy more attacks come from China, but are you sure you are reading that map right, that Microsoft is attacking Wikileaks?

link   
Yep . old MS is hammering something in Dekalb Junction. May be some form of ISP or Data Center

link   
Don't matter it will eventually come out if they are trying to release something. If it was going to affect how people will vote today, then they waited to long to release it anyways.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

might explain why i was having problems locating a couple of emails to post in another thread.
was real slow during the search and when loading one of them.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Yep . old MS is hammering something in Dekalb Junction. May be some form of ISP or Data Center

Often the heaviest attacks in the US are Norse tests.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Don't matter it will eventually come out if they are trying to release something. If it was going to affect how people will vote today, then they waited to long to release it anyways.

You're right, MiddleOfTheRoad. I don't think Wiki-leaks has bad timing like the Democrats did. If they had waiting until November 4th to release Donald Trump's "puzzy grabbing" audio, that would have hurt him BADLY. But Americans have short memories in this fast moving world. Most voters have forgotten about it.

link   
You can spoof an Ip address pretty easily , people should look into how the tcp/ip protocols are built. Now to cause real chaos then its going to require a bit more effort.

You should look into how easy it is to buy a botnet or a part of it as well.

Norse only has trackers at certain points as well which means any bunch of traffic will end up at a certain node and thus trip people.

link   
Wiki has to look legit.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

But not from MS. The hits are definitely coming from 1 Microsoft Way , Redmond ,Wa..And via telnet. They are hammering a proxy . Why , dont ask me.
2 places in Dekalb Junction , NY
SalesForceSYB - Call Management Software for companies
Tel Sys - nothing known

edit on 11/8/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

But not from MS. The hits are definitely coming from 1 Microsoft Way , Redmond ,Wa..And via telnet. They are hammering a proxy . Why , dont ask me.
Tel Sys - nothing known

It's likely nothing more than a live conference call. Telnet conferences are often very bandwidth hoggish.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It looks like this little town get's this alot. "Its Xervant Cyber Security in De Kalb Junction, New York that they are hitting." from 6/7/2016. Ironical June 7th was the first Wikileak release Source
edit on 8-11-2016 by sirlancelot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
You can spoof an Ip address pretty easily , people should look into how the tcp/ip protocols are built. Now to cause real chaos then its going to require a bit more effort.

You should look into how easy it is to buy a botnet or a part of it as well.

Norse only has trackers at certain points as well which means any bunch of traffic will end up at a certain node and thus trip people.

Was waiting for you. Our computer expert!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Too true, anything so important that it could stop Hitlery getting into the White House should have been released at least a week ago...
edit on 8/11/16 by djz3ro because: I grammar natzi'd myself...

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You should use some common sense. Microsoft isn't stupid. If that company was really DDoSing then they wouldn't make it easily searchable on the internet...

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You should use some common sense. Microsoft isn't stupid. If that company was really DDoSing then they wouldn't make it easily searchable on the internet...

Searchable ? havent found it yet.But this is normal traffic for Microsoft . No attacks here...

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Searchable ? havent found it yet.But this is normal traffic for Microsoft . No attacks here...

It's more than just normal, it's expected from MS on a almost daily basis. As Goth said, there is no attack here.

ETA: a DDoS attack is going to be targeting an ISP or an ISP's DNS servers and it will be executed through a botnet, or series of zombie sleeper computers, not from a known source, but one that is relatively untraceable back to the initiator.
edit on 8-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Tel Sys - nothing known

It's likely nothing more than a live conference call. Telnet conferences are often very bandwidth hoggish.

Or video conferencing
Bingo. Give this member a cigar

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

It's more than just normal, it's expected from MS on a almost daily basis. As Goth said, there is no attack here.

ETA: a DDoS attack is going to be targeting an ISP or an ISP's DNS servers and it will be executed through a botnet, or series of zombie sleeper computers, not from a known source, but one that is relatively untraceable back to the initiator.

Coming from everywhere (and nowhere at all)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Coming from everywhere (and nowhere at all)

Regretfully, yep. That's precisely it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join