It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today As a Bumper Sticker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I took this 'selfie' after we got home from voting. It wasn't even eight AM yet.

Just saying....Colorado is the "continental divide" . I voted.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Good for you Buzzy. I just got back from voting about a half hour ago.

edit on 8-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Does anyone at all get the symbolism?

I hope so.
I'm happy to explain if anyone is interested.
It is a kinda long story though.

Anyway, hope someone will enter this room of the giant global election party that we are all hooked into.....and, ya know, make a more personal small chat thing.....

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Thank you sweetie.

You are awesome, and one of my reality-anchors. Want you to know that.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Voted early AM here in the "Land of Enchantment"....we had early voting but decided to continue the tradition.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Plus, I'm not living in Colorado. It's just the hoodie I was wearing (deliberately) when I went there. The experience was pretty intense. But we endured, and we all got Golden Medal stickers.

And I live in a very peaceable, peaceful, cooperative community that includes ALL RACES. We were all there, somber and solemn like it was a wake, or a funeral, or church, or waiting-room-open-heart-surgery family members.

It's exploitative and abusive that we have to endure this level of bombardment. It's like a deformed offspring of Hunger Games and Idiocracy.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

originally posted by: reldra

Thank you sweetie.

You are awesome, and one of my reality-anchors. Want you to know that.

ty

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: reldra

Plus, I'm not living in Colorado. It's just the hoodie I was wearing (deliberately) when I went there. The experience was pretty intense. But we endured, and we all got Golden Medal stickers.

And I live in a very peaceable, peaceful, cooperative community that includes ALL RACES. We were all there, somber and solemn like it was a wake, or a funeral, or church, or waiting-room-open-heart-surgery family members.

It's exploitative and abusive that we have to endure this level of bombardment. It's like a deformed offspring of Hunger Games and Idiocracy.

It was very quiet where I was. It usually is there. We have a nice community. Though it is 98% white, it has become slightly more diverse since I moved to this 1 sq mile village in 2002.

Ther election workers were 2 very elderly white women, one white man in his early 60s and 2 black women, one in her 40s and one in her 60s.

We do paper with circles to fill in and then feed it into the 1 machine.

There are dividers when filling out, but no one was really hiding.

One side has taken a bit more flack. More than a bit.

Very quiet, probably except for me happily greeting the workers and saying 'thank you ladies' to the people who signed me in, gave me my ballot.
edit on 8-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The weirdest part of this is that I DID compose this image with actual real life images. Not scripted. But I'm sure, subliminally significant. That part I did on purpose.

Nevertheless, I did NOT know what I would find later.......Yes, I set up the thing on purpose, but without knowing why. I did use my instincts to frame and aim and shoot it....but I didn't have anything in mind as far as "what this says". It's only now, looking at it, my reality work of art ----- that I'm seeing why I see this as memorable and noteable and cybersharable.

It was an image that was in my sightline. It's how I voted in my particular "idiom" .

edit on 11/8/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: bah. anyway

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Here's today's bumper sticker that I just saw:

Seriously? ANYONE who does not know their babysitter or their dogwalker well deserves NEITHER a baby NOR a dog.
Shameful.

This ad reflects shameless disinterest for those most closely connected to the very things that make our lives worth living. At least, in MY world. This ad should say "from the mailman to the meter reader". NOT from the babysitter to the dogwalker.

Holy crap and we wonder why this place has gone to hell. It's this bloody handbasket.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Check this one out!!!

I'm calling it "plastic bowl with popcorn." Or maybe: " 2016, A Sculpture". Born of abjectly absent-minded creativity.

top topics

join