It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help, I don't know what else to do

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hello. I’m new to this site, and although I’m not sure this is the right place for this, I am desperate for information and willing to try anything at this point. I have a very dear friend, James, who lives in London. He’s always been a bit of a wild card, and was arrested last year for possession of marijuana. He was sentenced to 6 months in prison. For 5 months James and I communicated back and forth. As soon as I received a letter, I would respond, and he would do the same. The last letter I got from him was 3 weeks ago, so a few days ago I called the prison to see if I could speak to him. They said he had escaped 2 weeks ago. This makes absolutely no sense to me!! He would have been out less than a week from now, and I know for a fact there is no way he would have risked more time in there just to get out a few weeks early! The prison officials say they are looking for him, but I don’t get the feeling they are too concerned. Whether this is because he was a minor offender or because they know what’s happened to him, I don’t know. I’ve called his flat mates in London, they haven’t seen him. His parents haven’t heard from him, and his hasn’t shown up at any friends’ houses. I know there is something going on. I don’t believe the prison people are telling me the truth. Has anyone heard of prison inmates disappearing?? Please respond. I’m really freaking out about this.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Is this someone you know in person or is it someone you know from chat rooms and such?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I know him in person, I grew up with him. He moved to London after high school. His father is from Britain so they visited a lot when he was growing up. His parents still live in the states.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm a little surprised the authorities haven't contacted people like yourself and his family to see if they have any information on his whereabouts

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
yeah the normal reaction to an escapee is to send the police around the the family, maily mother and father. tis very weird.

I hope he turns up soon!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Something is fishy here for certain.

I also dont think they would so casually say "Oh, he escaped", without details. Another poster mentioned that you and his family would be grilled for info if this was true, and thats 100% correct. I forget the actual statistic, but something like 80% of all escapee's try to contact somebody they know.

The only reason in the entire world I could think of for them to claim he escaped is if something terrible happened to him and they dont want to make it public.

You speak to his family yet?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well, yes, inmates escape and disappear lots here in the US.

HOWEVER... call his parents and ask if they were told that he escaped. Start comparing stories.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I agree with Byrd -- try to get in touch with his parents and see what they know or if they have even been contacted.

jm

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I would like to point out though, that this actually is a documented type of "syndrome" if you will. It has long been known that there is some kind of psychological weird thing that can kick in a prisoner right before they are about to get out, where they actually try to escape when they only have weeks to days left on their sentence.

I swear, I'm not making this up! I'll try to find something on this.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I dont buy this story?

6 months for possesion of marihuana in GB!!! No chance in hell you get 6 months for that! If the story is true he might be in some very other activity then he told you.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
if he`d been sentenced to 6 month, he`d have been out in 2, with good behaviour. so, chances are he has gone walkabout. i guess you`ll just have to wait till he contacts you.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Have you spoken to his family? I would think that the police aren't going to monitor any one for very long for a pot carrier. What the heck, 5 months and he'd rather spend the rest of his life worried about being brought back? What are the circumstances of the escape?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I am not offending anybody......but, did you check the new movie:

"fogotten".

you might find some clues

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I live in London and from what I am aware off due to a friend of mine also doing the same thing a few years back
Most prisons give about 7 days for the prisoner to return.
Most give themselves back up after a few days,
Pics of your friend will already be with the local police stations and they are probably keeping an eye out for him in places they may think he will go, call his mom or dad and see if they have heard anything,

6 months for possesion of marihuana in GB!!! No chance in hell you get 6 months for that!

This is possible depending on how much he had on him, enough to deal could be up to 2yrs in jail depending if he has had other charges of the same nature...or outstanding fines

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteinx
I am not offending anybody......but, did you check the new movie:

"fogotten".

I saw that two nights ago. It certainly made me jump at times, but I doubt it is anything to do with that particular subject. (Which I won't mention in case anyone plans to watch the film).

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Strnge, and the parents dont know? i'd call them and if they arent aware of his dissapearance, make them aware. They should contact the police and the prison and get to the bottom of this. How can they not tell the family??

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight

I dont buy this story?

6 months for possesion of marihuana in GB!!! No chance in hell you get 6 months for that! If the story is true he might be in some very other activity then he told you.

Yeah! You don't even get 6 months for 6 pounds in the States! A large fine, 5 years of probation and your property (6 pounds 0f marijuana) siezed.

Now, if you break propbation you could get time. It's according to who your probation officer is!

I've seen it many times!

Sorry! Back to the post! This guy definitely escaped! The authorities aren't hiding anything except their knowledge of his suspected whereabouts!

He'll show his face one day and wish that he'd served his time out!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
You might consider going to the newspapers and media yourself. If the prison is trying to cover something up, it might shake things up and at least you might be able to find out if the story is real. on the other hand, if it is real, your friend will be in more trouble if the story breaks to the public.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for your suggestions, I appreciate all the help I can get. I will try and respond to all the questions. I did speak with his parents, the prison contacted them, but since they live in the states, they simply gathered info over the phone. They are panicking and trying to arrange a trip there to get more information. His lawyer hasn't been much help at all. As far as his sentence goes, I think he was made an example of in court. He did not have enough for them to accuse him of distribution, but he did have more than they considered personal consumption. Hence the 6 months. We still have not heard anything from him, and I know he is not the sort to try and escape. I just have a feeling about this. The prison he was being held at is Dovegate. All I know about it is that it is a privately owned prison for men in Staffordshire. It is so frustrating to be in the states trying to research this. The prison official I spoke with just asked me if I had seen him and asked for the names of anyone he might contact. But as far as I know, they have not made any efforts to contact his friends or flat mates. I don't understand why they are doing nothing. They wouldn't give me any information about how he supposedly escaped. There is something more going on here, I feel it. Does anyone know anything about the prison?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
what you need to do is go over their heads.

Keep going higher and higher up until someone decides to take their shoes off to do some serious shining.

I would also bring in law enforcement, prison gaurds can be scum sometimes...

new topics

top topics

join