It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Drip Feeding Begins. 2025, Alien Life Will Be Found.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ruins all religions why? You fail to make any good point to that regard.

Hell, I'm agnostic and i don't see one valid reason why this would do any harm to any religion. Methinks the OP has some hidden agenda.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther
Aliens are not real, if they do come don't believe it. It will be a set up for a one world government.
Real or not, you can bet they are being manufactured somewhere on Earth. Probably not for the good of all mankind. There are way too many scenarios where this would be far too easy to implement and fool almost everyone not "In the know."

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Drip feeding? OK. For those that know of panspermia it goes back centuries (an ancient Greek philosopher wrote about it) and here are two stories from this year, both from space.com

Building Blocks of Life Found in Comet's Atmosphere, May 27, 2016 (about Rosetta spotting amino acids and complex molecules on fly-by)
'Twisty' Molecule Essential to Life Spotted in Deep Space For 1st Time, June 14, 2016 (about chirality of molecules being spotted in interstellar regions of space)

And panspermia is still only a theory posited c. 1900 so that is about 120 years. That does not seem like a drip. Seems everywhere we look we find molecules and water. Throw in some cosmic rays and this process starts to happen called life. It is in all directions we can see. Comets do it. Galaxies do it. Even birds and bees do it! Life outside earth… 100% positive. This will be announced in less than five years (microbial life) and this will be a fire hose. Even if it is just to confirm the original Mars Viking lander theory for some people, “Mind blown!”

So that brings up ETI. I will say that it is also 100% positive. I will not suppose as to what kind of tech they have because that is a dog teaching quantum mechanics to an elementary class so I at least know when not to spout idiocy. Can they get here? Have they already been here? When are they coming back? Are all wonderful questions that pointy hair guy can ask on that one TV show from that channel has all the pawn shops.

Some that can be speculated about. If us humans become the ETI on some other planet are worthy of such power? If we do find another planet, how do we keep from doing what we have done to this planet so far from happening there? Have we already had ‘first contact’ between the government and ETI/EBE? Could that be the reason for the perception of a ‘drip feed’ disclosure?

IDK. Ask me on a good day, “Sure! We can handle it,” while on another, “We are all doomed!”. And 'drip feed' is a perception if you assume the existence and contact between humans and ETI (just as wishy washy on that one too!).
edit on 8-11-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
So whichever side of the fence you are on, there is a slow and obvious build, that is showing from many sources that alien life will be found in 2025.

I used to think the same thing... in 1967.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

Hell, I'm agnostic and i don't see one valid reason why this would do any harm to any religion. Methinks the OP has some hidden agenda.

Why is it there is some people on this website that takes the smaller points I make then the whole point of my thread. My post is about finding alien life, the last part was my comment on how it could effect religion. It is so boring how some of you get so protective over religion. Does it even matter anymore.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: BlackProject

Why do you say 'news of life elsewhere, ruins all religions'?

On what are you basing that? The Vatican has openly expressed the possibility. No major religion has in recent times (let's say last 200 years or so) stated definitively that they believe there is no life except on Earth. Scientology (if you call it a religion) practically needs ET life to actually define and vindicate itself.

Water on the moon has been theorised for decades - by NASA I believe as well as other agencies. Some form of life is theorised on one of the moons of Saturn. These are not new theories.

Scientology was only created in 1954, not exactly a real religion is it. Obviously something created recently would look to science theories then to religious ones. As it knows, religious babble will not stand much longer as a respected thought process to explain life.

Nice avoidance of the question, but which religion has stated that there is no life on any planet but Earth? You keep suggesting that has been the case but I'm not aware of it actually being said apart from some people (presumably atheists?) using their own attempted logic.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

Why is it there is some people on this website that takes the smaller points I make then the whole point of my thread. My post is about finding alien life, the last part was my comment on how it could effect religion. It is so boring how some of you get so protective over religion. Does it even matter anymore.

You made a throwaway statement that shows your own opinion is slanted - you should expect people will question it.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

On what are you basing that? The Vatican has openly expressed the possibility. No major religion has in recent times (let's say last 200 years or so) stated definitively that they believe there is no life except on Earth. Scientology (if you call it a religion) practically needs ET life to actually define and vindicate itself.

Water on the moon has been theorised for decades - by NASA I believe as well as other agencies. Some form of life is theorised on one of the moons of Saturn. These are not new theories.

Scientology was only created in 1954, not exactly a real religion is it. Obviously something created recently would look to science theories then to religious ones. As it knows, religious babble will not stand much longer as a respected thought process to explain life.

Nice avoidance of the question, but which religion has stated that there is no life on any planet but Earth? You keep suggesting that has been the case but I'm not aware of it actually being said apart from some people (presumably atheists?) using their own attempted logic.

How it that avoidance of the question?

How funny it is you ask that question to me, "which religion has stated that there is no life" this is like asking what a politician now supports. It changes with time, all religion supports the idea now to protect its religion but take it back many years and the idea of other life was laughed at by religious movements. They do this to protect their 'investment', its all just a ploy.

Religious people have been known to have the lowest IQ among those that do not follow religion. So to have a debate about religion for pointless attachment to those people is a fruitless argument. As we know, most religious folk will go down with their ship. Totally pointless death, from a totally pointless view.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

How funny it is you ask that question to me, "which religion has stated that there is no life" this is like asking what a politician now supports. It changes with time, all religion supports the idea now to protect its religion but take it back many years and the idea of other life was laughed at by religious movements. They do this to protect their 'investment', its all just a ploy.

Religious people have been known to have the lowest IQ among those that do not follow religion. So to have a debate about religion for pointless attachment to those people is a fruitless argument. As we know, most religious folk will go down with their ship. Totally pointless death, from a totally pointless view.

So, that's avoidance of a question. You talk about 'the idea now", when did those religions state an opposing idea in the last 200 years or so? Where do you get the lowest IQ 'fact' from? Is it by any chance a made up one? I think we can agree it very probably is, can't we?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

So, that's avoidance of a question. You talk about 'the idea now", when did those religions state an opposing idea in the last 200 years or so? Where do you get the lowest IQ 'fact' from? Is it by any chance a made up one? I think we can agree it very probably is, can't we?

Although Google likes to try hide results for religious people having a low IQ but here you go. Link

Religion has always stated up front that anything other then God and his creations which is us, earth walkers are the only thing that existed for a long time. There was once a time where humans did not even understand anything below the atmosphere and thus religion reflected this. Religion has for years moved and changed the boundaries to fit into their idiotic ideologies and yes they are idiotic. Every religion has its own set of ridiculous claims. Bible with its claim of noah and his two of everything animals, some how they did not eat one another even though they should by all sensibilities have starved to death. Quran with its stupid idea of Muhammad flying to heaven on a winged horse. I mean it goes on and on, the stupidity.

...and for the record, although religious folk like to deem atheism as a religion, most atheist dont deem themselves an atheist, they just do not believe the bull they are told about these fantasy stories. That should not be deemed a religion but more like a child knowing not to put his finger into a burning flame.
edit on 9-11-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

The drip feeding has been going on since the 1950's...the truth is LONG overdue.

Political, Religious, Cultural and financial establishments have had plenty of time to 'shape the opinions' of the world's people, more than enough time.

Even the RC church has acknowledged the existence of ET and so on years ago...if they can do it, everyone else should surely be on board by now.

edit on 9 11 2016 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I believe some people in need to know circles have known about alien life for some time. They have not been able to explain how they know about it without giving up their hidden technological secrets, and that would open them up to scorn and hate for hiding what they have known for so long regarding energy production, physics and applied sciences in general.

They have simply been waiting for mainstream technology to get to the point where it can be revealed.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I believe some people in need to know circles have known about alien life for some time. They have not been able to explain how they know about it without giving up their hidden technological secrets, and that would open them up to scorn and hate for hiding what they have known for so long regarding energy production, physics and applied sciences in general.

They have simply been waiting for mainstream technology to get to the point where it can be revealed.

I propose a general amnesty for all conspiritors regarding this issue, and state protection for military whistleblowers or the truth will never come out.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

So it appears your comment in the OP did carry some weight as you harbour such a grudge against anyone who dares to follow one then I guess.

Out of interest, using the same logic, what do you think would happen others who hold your view if should sentient, hyper advanced ET life does visit Earth at some point in the future and announces themselves as this galaxy's representatives of Jehovah's Witnesses? By your logic (not mine) every atheist would go into full meltdown.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Even the RC church has acknowledged the existence of ET

Acknowledged the possibility/probability. Same as NASA and many other organisations who have expressed an opinion. It's not quite the same as acknowledging the existence as that would require proof.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I'm of the path that believes we have already had communication
with alien life and that they are on this planet right now.
I believe they are in government and religion at the highest levels.
There is nothing that could deter me from that.
I have seen some individuals that think way too highly of themselves
and with each concentrate post my opinion of them strengthen.
With the ideas that only microbial life will be found and calling others ignorant
for thinking otherwise - ignorant hypocrisy is hard to see I suppose.
We are lied to about everything - EVERYTHING.
There is not a single thing that we know that is truth.
Not our history. Not our present reality. Not our future.
I don't think we get a pass on the knowledge of life beyond ours.
I look at the life on this planet as varied as it some organisms living at the mouths of volcanoes, while
others live body crushing depths and with that knowledge I can't hold and say "Yup we're it!" - That's the real ignorance.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther
Aliens are not real, if they do come don't believe it. It will be a set up for a one world government.

That wouldn't denounce the reality of alien life. In fact there are theories out there along the lines of the NWO being an alien headed agenda in itself.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Although Google likes to try hide results for religious people having a low IQ but here you go.

low IQ means what exactly?

Yes there might be more people with a lower IQ found amongst religious people because there are more religious people in the world than there are not.

How does religion lower ones IQ, could not maybe education and life circumstances play a bigger part in whether ones IQ is higher or lower.

Religion has always stated up front that anything other then God and his creations which is us, earth walkers are the only thing that existed for a long time.

Really?

Can you show what religions say this.

According the 3 main Abrahamic religions, God created not just us but other beings as well.

Some of them rebelled against God after he created humans, ring any bells?

Most other religions and spiritual beliefs believe in some sort of creator being and many other beings other than humans.

Religion has for years moved and changed the boundaries to fit into their idiotic ideologies and yes they are idiotic. Every religion has its own set of ridiculous claims. Bible with its claim of noah and his two of everything animals, some how they did not eat one another even though they should by all sensibilities have starved to death. Quran with its stupid idea of Muhammad flying to heaven on a winged horse. I mean it goes on and on, the stupidity.

Sure it might be stupid if one takes it literally and not metaphorically.

Language and understanding of the world around us has evolved, so what was written and interpreted 1000s of years ago shouldn't be taken literally even though many still do.

It leads to thinking like you have displayed, very narrow minded.

So whichever side of the fence you are on, there is a slow and obvious build, that is showing from many sources that alien life will be found in 2025.

Its showing what many sources believe based on our evolving tech.

Its also simply pointing to extraterrestrial life, not sure what your intentions are but saying that religions will be ruined and serious problems will occur sounds like you think that when the term extraterrestrial life is used you consider it to mean intelligent life that we could communicate with.

Quoted from the CNN article linked in your OP

There are some caveats involved, of course. NASA isn't talking about intelligent alien civilizations from the Alpha Quadrant; it's referring to microorganisms. "We are not talking about little green men," Stofan said at the panel. "We are talking about little microbes."

I really fail to see how this will destroy religions and create mass hysteria.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Yet again your facts are NOT facts water has been suspected since the 60's and known about for a while.

However, scientists have since the 1960s conjectured that water ice could survive in cold, permanently shadowed craters at the Moon's poles. Water molecules are also detected in the thin layer of gases above the lunar surface

In 1978 it was reported that samples returned by the Soviet Luna 24 probe contained 0.1% water by mass sample

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I propose a general amnesty for all conspiritors regarding this issue, and state protection for military whistleblowers or the truth will never come out.

In principle this sounds like the right thing to do right? I admit that at first I was seduced by the idea of coming clean, but I really hadn't thought it through. Consider this:

If the technology that some possess is the kind that can accelerate mass to ridiculous speeds, should that technology be freely available?

What would happen if, suddenly, we could accelerate mass to even just 1% of c (2,997,924.58 m/s)? That is 3,000 km per second!!!

How much energy would a simple object, like a block of steel maybe, carry at that speed? And what effect would it have if it were directed towards, rather than away from the planet?

You could probably destroy a city with a boiled egg lol...

So yeah, I am not sure really, if we possess such technology, that we are actually ready as a species to use it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join