It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomaly on trail cam in Maine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hello all,

I wanted to share with an image that my father-in-law sent me from one of his trail cams in Maine. He is currently up there for hunting season, and when he checked his cam, there is definitely an image with something on it. It is slightly blurry because it seems to be right up to the camera, and there appear to be some markings, maybe even eyes, but for the life of us we cannot figure this thing out.

It's hard to tell if its even an animal or bug on the lens or whatever. He has about 25 acres in the woods of lower central Maine, all trailed out. This is to give an idea of the environment the cam is in. Anyway, take a look at the pic and let me know what you think. I think you'l find it interesting either way

goo.gl...

Thanks,

Odievk

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Clearly a squatch.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Definitely the a## end of something.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It reminds me of a close up of a dogs backside.
Maybe just about to take a number 2 lola reply to: odievk

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: odievk

Looks person-y-ish... reeeeal close to the camera... with their back to the camera... and what appears to be long hair in a ponytail or braid perhaps.

That said, the more I looked at it.. the more pareidolia kicked in.. man my mind can make up some weird stuff.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Ok.
How high off the ground is the camera? (It doesn't seem very high up) Pic's before and after this one?

It could be anything, from a turkey, to somethings behind.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Snail

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
either Hillary Clinton, or the southbound side of a northbound dog.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

They are mostly chest high from what I remember, high enough to get a good full shot of a deer anyway. Here is an example from one of his other cameras, from another date, just to get a sense of where he likes them height-wise

goo.gl...
edit on 8-11-2016 by odievk because: clarity

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Then I am going with a deer's rear.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
h og's rear

looks like a hog

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: odievk
Hello all,

I wanted to share with an image that my father-in-law sent me from one of his trail cams in Maine. He is currently up there for hunting season, and when he checked his cam, there is definitely an image with something on it. It is slightly blurry because it seems to be right up to the camera, and there appear to be some markings, maybe even eyes, but for the life of us we cannot figure this thing out.

It's hard to tell if its even an animal or bug on the lens or whatever. He has about 25 acres in the woods of lower central Maine, all trailed out. This is to give an idea of the environment the cam is in. Anyway, take a look at the pic and let me know what you think. I think you'l find it interesting either way

goo.gl...

Thanks,

Odievk

It almost looks like a squirrel or raccoon climbing up or down the tree the trail cam is mounted on.

With it being so close and out of focus, a bit hard to tell.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Definitely the a## end of something.

Boar?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Could be a spider's arse (assuming it's on the lense) hard to tell from the image, a gif of the entity's movements would've offered more to help identify

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Looks like a full moon to me.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Just got 2nd pic from same cam

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
Exactly my thought, ass end of a turkey or something.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well that's not any clearer either. Whats he hunting up there in Maine anyways? The background seems to be not very wooded, and more like turkey land, and if he has nothing more clearer then I would say its inconclusive as to what that is.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
White tailed deer scratching it's butt on the camera?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I live in southern Maine. It doesn't resemble the markings of any mammal that I am familiar with aroun here. I would venture to guess that maybe it's one of the few moths still clinging to live before we freeze over. Nothing else came to mind and it appears to be on the lenses itself.

top topics

join