It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what's everyone doing for Election Day?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Just wondering if anyone had any plans for today. Taking all your money out of the bank, converting it to gold and burying it in your yard? Hiding out in your bomb shelter? Voting?

There's a few bars up here in Seattle that are having election day specials so some friends and I will probably spend election day thoroughly getting smashed and watching the results while waiting for the bombs to drop. Anyone doing anything cool?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Voted at 7 AM. Beyond that just the daily duties so far and waiting for the results.
edit on 8-11-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Same thing I do every other day. Take the boy to school, drink tea and browse played out political threads on ATS, Mandela Effect threads on Reddit, walk the dog around the lake then go to bed.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Voted at 7 AM. Beyond that just the daily duties so far and waiting for the results.

Right on. As much as people hate this election season this has by far been the funnest one for me. No other time have I felt compelled to drink on election day.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It's a week day-
Working should be the only real answer, here.

What's up with all these people who don't work?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Sitting on the couch all day, watching Netflix and crossing my fingers that California legalizes recreational marijuana.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Lol, well, have the day off which is awesome. Probably going to yoga. There is an election party at a beer hall here in Brooklyn, NYC.

www.bergn.com...

link   
Drinking and working all day... so really just another normal day at the office..restaurant is extra busy due to early voters and hopefully that means high beer sales.

Few differences today.. I'm listening to Phish..which I never do.. and avoiding my more liberal friends..which I sometimes do..and I'm razzing people on Facebook slightly more aggressively than usual.

Most the local bars require a "I voted" sticker.

link   
I started a new LLC today. Worldwide Pantsuit LLC.

We are going to specialize in high end pantsuits and handbags.

I think it's going to take off!!

link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
Sitting on the couch all day, watching Netflix and crossing my fingers that California legalizes recreational marijuana.

I'm literally watching a piece on that on Democracy Now as I write. As a Californian originally, I support prop 64. It's 40 years overdue.
edit on 8-11-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

link   

I actively support one of the candidates and it isn't the case of the lesser of two evils for me, but I have had enough at certain points of the election with the constant barrage of Trump and Clinton despite my great support. I'll be sure to have a drink this weekend. Normally don't during the week.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Just had a hip replacement then a hip replacement revision 2 weeks later. I'm on disability until January 3rd and enjoying every moment of doing nothing.

link   
I live in Chicago.

I will be voting all day today.

A good friend of mine has the day off work.

He was extremely busy all week making floral deliveries to grave sites.

edit on Nov-08-2016 by xuenchen because: . . . _ _ _ . . .

link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
It's a week day-

Some of us have the day off as a holiday. Generally, people who work in higher public education and/or government have the day off. Also, you do realize that some people's work schedule isn't a traditional 9-5 M-F gig?
edit on 8-11-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
It's a week day-

Audio Engineer. I work from home and set my own hours

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

So overdue, on a national level. It's time to end prohibition.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Haaa! Star for that

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Took the kiddo to school. Voted on my way home. Spent some time messing around here. Went to the doc and got diagnosed with rotater cuff tendinitis. Nursing a nasty little cold in my throat that has completely destroyed my voice. Drinking hot tea because hot liquid on a raw throat feels good and eating a few chips and salsa while waiting for my Amy's tamale verde to finish cooking. Then I will have to go pick up kiddo. Make sure he does his homework. Likely let him watch some TV. Spend more time messing around here and drinking more hot tea for my throat. Eat leftover green pozole for supper (hot soup on the throat and MORE hot tea). Play some video games and try to ignore the drama while expecting the worst (after the last two cycles, no reason to think otherwise) but hoping to be surprised.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Clever! You only need one pattern and a whole bunch of upholstery fabric. Low overhead.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I am going to watch Sausage Party. Just came out today.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join