It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott of celebrities due to political affiliation.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: MagicCow

Religion and politics....i am unconcerned with how people feel about these things, beyond conversational curiosity. Tom Cruise is a great example....he's someone I would hate to spend any time with. But he's a decent actor that lands good roles. So i have no problem watching his insane ass doing whatever he is being paid to do.

Its myopic to boycott over politics.

Yeah, I have to agree. There are tons of actors or celebrities I think it would be painful to actually spend time with, but yea... it's extremely short-sighted to say I would boycott them because i no longer enjoy their entertainment.
edit on 8-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Yeah, stfu wesley!

I hated that kid.

Classic.

I love Wil.

Loved him in Stand by Me, one of the greatest coming of age flicks ever.

I also liked him in TNG because I was a kid when that series came out and he was an easy way for someone my age to relate to the show, which had a lot of heavy themes.
edit on 8-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

i think that if an actor is any good, you forget who they are and believe them to be their character. Tom Hanks comes to mind.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

a reply to: alphabetaone

i think that if an actor is any good, you forget who they are and believe them to be their character. Tom Hanks comes to mind.

Honestly, who always comes to mind for me, recently anyway, is Zachary Quinto...while I complete disagree with the gay lifestyle (not in an oppressive way, but a personal choice way) I would never boycott anything he's done because of it. You absolutely believe he IS the character he plays, no matter the genre of the film.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think it is wrong to use their fame as a pulpit to express political views. Most often these are hate filled rants that fail to express ant real substance, and there never is tolerance for opposing viewpoints. I gave up on Hanks and Costner a while back... but honestly, I can't say if it is the reason for the decline in their career or if the decline is the reason for their attention grabbing. No hate here, just not interested in supporting hateful people

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

a reply to: MagicCow

Religion and politics....i am unconcerned with how people feel about these things, beyond conversational curiosity. Tom Cruise is a great example....he's someone I would hate to spend any time with. But he's a decent actor that lands good roles. So i have no problem watching his insane ass doing whatever he is being paid to do.

Its myopic to boycott over politics.

I wonder what the candidates thought of those celebs that boycotted them? Trump loves Harrison Ford/Air Force One, etc, Ford had a message for him on Aussie TV,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join