It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Virginia Gov. Illegally Restores Voting Rights To 60,000 Felons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
therealstrategy.com...

I wonder what they told them?

That they would be jailed if they didn't vote for Clinton?

I can smell the crap from these guys now.

I'm embarassed for them and i'm not even there.

virgina felons and what they really look like.

Gov. Terry McAuliffe has illegally granted voting rights to 60,000 convicted felons in the key swing state of Virginia, a move that could give Hillary Clinton a victory in that state—and possibly the White House—unless supporters of Donald Trump get out to the polls on Election Day.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst
therealstrategy.com...

I wonder what they told them?

That they would be jailed if they didn't vote for Clinton?

I can smell the crap from these guys now.

I'm embarassed for them and i'm not even there.

virgina felons and what they really look like.

Gov. Terry McAuliffe has illegally granted voting rights to 60,000 convicted felons in the key swing state of Virginia, a move that could give Hillary Clinton a victory in that state—and possibly the White House—unless supporters of Donald Trump get out to the polls on Election Day.

More BS,

If Trump supporters want a Trump win they should be camped out in line at their local voting point... Today is not the day to be playing with ones balls it's time for action..
(Replace balls with whatever body part other people use in this PC gender fluid society we live)

RA

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

So I guess Hillary, if she gets in, will be providing pardons for the first six months for every criminal politician that helped her criminally acquire her position? That sound about right?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Why is it illegal? It says right in the article that the governor has the power to do so. Besides its not going to make a difference. Virginia has gone blue the last two elections and with Kaine as Hillary's running mate that wasn't likely to change. Trump has so little regard for the state that he showed up three hours late to his really on Sunday.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'm confused about why we are assuming that these 60k Felons are Hillary supporters?

That's my only issue.

-Alee

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Last I checked, Governors tend to have pardoning powers in their respective states. And pardoning is how a felon can get back their voting rights. Am I missing something here? This (if it is attributable to Clinton) is likely one of the few things she has done that is legal.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Personally I believe non violent felons should all have their rights restored. The mandatory sentencing, war on drugs, and police quotas are unjust to begin with.

This is something even republicans like Rand Paul agree with.

Of coarse a week before the election is probably not the way to go.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Not allowing felons to vote in the first place was just another way of making sure minorites couldn't vote - and therefore skewing results.

The article says there was nothing illegal about what they did in restoring those voting rights.

OP is making up lies and trying to peddle it as fact.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Wait...are you telling me that I should not have been playing with my balls WHILE I was voting this morning?

Crap...

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Here in my state, South Carolina, depending on your situation, you automatically get your voting rights back.

For example: Non-violent offenders who have completely finished their sentence (jail time, probation time,etc) automatically get their rights back after that.

Violent offenders have to wait a certain time period after they have finished their sentence, the amount of time escapes me at the moment.

If you are actually in jail, you can't go vote, or vote in any way of course.

None of these are "pardons". It's just how the state's voting rights work.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I think felons should be able to vote...they will be part of the community when they get out..many of them may be in there for marijuana offenses that should be legalized...people make mistakes and a vote is one thing that should remain that should keep them connected to the outside world...

What a change in the atmosphere jail would look like if they had discussion and even arguments based on politics versus other garbage...granted politics are in a horrible league of their own..
edit on 8-11-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

If he didn't do it for political reasons, then the 60,000 should be able to own firearms also.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They can. He didn't just grant them voting rights. He pardoned them. Restoring all rights.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
no, he didn't....
try 13,000
the state supreme court stepped in .

www.npr.org...

...........or maybe I am wrong, it seems your source is newer...

edit on 8-11-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Please add further comments to the existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed.

new topics

join