It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Impeachment 2016!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Maybe not an impeachment, but how about an annulment because the American public is drunk (on stupidity) and doesn't know what they're getting themselves into?
edit on 8-11-2016 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: RickinVa

Which precedent? The one set by 25 senators when they voted to acquit because they specifically agreed that the senate did not have jurisdiction.

On second thought, continue. It's a fairly entertaining notion.

I too, enjoy fantasy role-playing games.

"Which precedent? The one set by 25 senators when they voted to acquit because they specifically agreed that the senate did not have jurisdiction."

Nice deflection attempt,,,the precedent was the 39-27 vote to impeach after Belknap after he left office.

Voting to acquit was part of the process. Once again, are you denying that an elected official can be impeached after leaving office?
edit on R432016-11-08T07:43:31-06:00k4311Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R432016-11-08T07:43:57-06:00k4311Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R442016-11-08T07:44:55-06:00k4411Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I'm just looking at total electoral votes. You can paint 3/4 the country as red as a soviet flag and still not reach 270 electoral votes. Maybe that SHOULD change, but the system we have is the system in play during this election.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Let's say this is even a remote possibility today. Do you actually believe the do-nothing congress is going to come back from vacation specifically to impeach a president-elect in November or December of this year?

Because the entire notion is hilarious.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I'm just looking at total electoral votes. You can paint 3/4 the country as red as a soviet flag and still not reach 270 electoral votes. Maybe that SHOULD change, but the system we have is the system in play during this election.

You are dancing around.... you claimed that only people in office can be impeached.

Would you like to admit you were wrong? Or just keep dancing?
edit on R502016-11-08T07:50:44-06:00k5011Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Let's say this is even a remote possibility today. Do you actually believe the do-nothing congress is going to come back from vacation specifically to impeach a president-elect in November or December of this year?

Because the entire notion is hilarious.

Not into playing hypothetical questions regarding impeachment.

The case for retroactive impeachment of Clinton is there. How that actual process would play out is unknown.

By the way, here is the transcript from Belknaps impeachment if you care to read about it.

Belknaps Impeachment
edit on R532016-11-08T07:53:45-06:00k5311Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I was wrong.

And your example proves nothing, goes nowhere and has zero future.

The precedent was set and the end result is "it will never happen again."

"Not into playing hypothetical questions regarding impeachment."

That's nice, but the whole thread is a hypothetical role-playing scenario about impeachment. You're a bright guy. You get that, right?
edit on 8-11-2016 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Oddly enough, I do believe they might have had a case for impeachment if they had done this earlier this year.

After the election? We don't live in a first world banana republic.

You can make a case that there is a lot of corruption in government. I might even agree. I'll actually march in the streets to see her impeached for her clown-shoes mishandling of classified documents as soon as we both agree to impeach GWB retroactively for Iraq.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I was wrong.

And your example proves nothing, goes nowhere and has zero future.

The precedent was set and the end result is "it will never happen again."

That may be true.... but that option is always on the table.

I never said it would succeed,,, I said she can be impeached for her actions while serving as Secretary of State. If impeached, that would keep her from holding elected office.

The Senate has that option. I agree that it is a remote possibility that it would ever happen.... but I bet if more people were aware that she could be impeached,, they would push for it.

Remember what Comey said.... if anyone else did what Hillary did, they would have faced punishment.

It is not to late to punish Clinton and she could not be pardoned by the President from that process.
edit on R062016-11-08T08:06:57-06:00k0611Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hillary - mishandling classified
Trump - embezzlement
Stein - attempting to erase the constitution
Johnson - nobody in congress likes him

top topics

<< 1   >>

join