It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Impeachment 2016!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Let's get this party started early.

List your reasons why you think whoever wins the election should be immediately impeached starting on Nov 9. We need these by Jan 22 so there is a time frame here people.

All these months of suspense.

According to ATS, both candidates are equally impeachable. And as a bonus, you can not be pardoned from impeachment!

It is a win win for everybody!!!!

Hillary - impeached for mishandling of classified information.
Trump - impeached for talking about grabbing vaginas.
edit on R442016-11-08T05:44:49-06:00k4411Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R452016-11-08T05:45:43-06:00k4511Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Trump will win and he cant be impeached for using the first amendment.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

for using the first amendment.

Talking about grabbing vaginas is speech, physically doing it, is not.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I know, OP said "talking about"

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

But who said Trump actually did it that has not recanted??? Or at all???

Trump wins, and nothing to be impeached for.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
List your reasons why you think whoever wins the election should be immediately impeached starting on Nov 9.

I suggest you read up on who can be impeached, neither Trump or Hillary can be this year....

Funny how yanks do not know their own constitution!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hmmm.. Lets have some fun with this....

HRC wins and is impeached for trying to use a cigar on a male intern who is found to be only 17..... Dun dun dun...

Trump wins and is impeached for grabbing Kate Middleton by the 🐱, and kissing her In front of Prince William while stating come on bro you know she wanted it....

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I weep for high school Civics.

Impeachment is a process by which an official can be removed from office for high crimes and misdemeanors committed while actually in office.

But it would be fun to watch the morons in the House of Representatives try to impeach a president-elect before they are even sworn in, for things they supposedly said or did prior to being elected.

On second thought, scratch that. It would be a national embarrassment because that isn't even remotely how impeachment works.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

It might be funny, if the stupid wasn't so contagious. =/

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

a reply to: 0zzymand0s

List your reasons why you think whoever wins the election should be immediately impeached starting on Nov 9.

I suggest you read up on who can be impeached, neither Trump or Hillary can be this year....

Funny how yanks do not know their own constitution!

That's funny... do you know that Hillary can be impeached for her actions while Secretary of State, even after leaving office, which would prevent her from holding future public office?

Remember Belknap......... impeachment proceedings after leaving office... his main defense,,, he couldn't be impeached because he was no longer in office.

Starting on April 5, 1876, Belknap was tried by the Senate, presided over by Supreme Court Chief Justice Morrison Waite. For several weeks Senators argued whether the Senate had jurisdiction to put Belknap on trial since he already resigned office in March.[72] Belknap's defense managers argued that the Senate had no jurisdiction to put Belknap on trial.[72] The Senate, however, had ruled by a vote of 37-29 that it had jurisdiction to impeach Belknap, despite his resignation in March.

So it looks like Hillary is the only candidate that can be impeached prior to Jan 22, 2017.

I say there is more than enough ample evidence for Hillary to be retroactively impeached for the mishandling of classified information and the precedent has already been established by the Senate in 1876.
edit on R272016-11-08T07:27:34-06:00k2711Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R312016-11-08T07:31:51-06:00k3111Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R322016-11-08T07:32:06-06:00k3211Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Heretic!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

do you know that Hillary can be impeached for her actions while Secretary of State, which would prevent her from holding public office?

Actually, she would also need to be convicted by 2/3 of the Senate before she could be prevented from holding office. In other words, it ain't happening.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Impeachment is a process by which an official can be removed from office for high crimes and misdemeanors committed while actually in office.

But it would be fun to watch the morons in the House of Representatives try to impeach a president-elect before they are even sworn in, for things they supposedly said or did prior to being elected.

On second thought, scratch that. It would be a national embarrassment because that isn't even remotely how impeachment works.

"Impeachment is a process by which an official can be removed from office for high crimes and misdemeanors committed while actually in office."

Really? So you are saying that Willam Belknap was not impeached by the Senate after leaving office as Secretary of Defense?

Are you saying that Hillary committed no impeachable offenses while SoS?

You're right.. your civics teacher is shedding a tear for you right now.

edit on R262016-11-08T07:26:25-06:00k2611Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

STOP THIS MADNESS!!! The purpose of government is to keep the country running smoothly, not retaliating against your political opponents. Congress should go about serving the public by approving a Supreme Court Justice, overhauling the tax code, reviewing overseas bases that need to be closed, dropping the China Exclusion law so that NASA can cooperate with China and American aerospace firms compete with Russia for that market, repeal the Patriot Act... need I go on? Please don't let Congress get off the hook by wasting time and taxpayer money on another partisan witch hunt!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

An impeachment of Hillary Clinton for mishandling of classified information would not be a partisan witch hunt as you like to call it.

It would be called Justice.

Now if you would like to debate whether she can be impeached for actions while as Secretary of State after leaving office, then go for it.

edit on R302016-11-08T07:30:45-06:00k3011Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Trump wins, and nothing to be impeached for.

Except, possibly, high treason.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Yes, I am absolutely saying that. This isn't the 1850's, and you don't have 2/3's of the senate. After tonight, you won't even have a simple majority. Keep digging.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

a reply to: DJW001

An impeachment of Hillary Clinton for mishandling of classified information would not be a pertisan with hunt as you like to call it.

It would be called Justice.

Only if every other government official were also investigated, and all of the ones who did the same thing as Clinton also indicted. Otherwise, it is just a partisan witch hunt,

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Yes, I am absolutely saying that. This isn't the 1850's, and you don't have 2/3's of the senate. After tonight, you won't even have a simple majority. Keep digging.

"Yes, I am absolutely saying that. This isn't the 1850's."

And you say the the precedent set by Congress in 1876 is invalid? You are arguing with a well known fact?

Go out on that limb man.... just say the Hillary Clinton can not be impeached for her actions while secretary of state. Quit trying to use the excuse of they wouldn't have the votes for a conviction as a valid reason why it can't happen.

Impeachment is a political process. You are counting the votes in the senate before the process has ever started.

As a matter of fact, you have already counted the votes prior to midnight tonight and already declared Hillary and the Democrats as the victors.

Strange how you know the vote totals ahead of time, especially considering neither myself or my wife has voted yet.

edit on R402016-11-08T07:40:25-06:00k4011Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R052016-11-08T08:05:23-06:00k0511Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Which precedent? The one set by 25 senators when they voted to acquit because they specifically agreed that the senate did not have jurisdiction.

On second thought, continue. It's a fairly entertaining notion.

I too, enjoy fantasy role-playing games.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join