It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 ELECTION RESULTS

page: 151
<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I am not sure how this election works, but if trump got 296 ECV out of 538 and Hillary got 218

Trump would have 54% to Hillary's 41%

He absolutely crushed it.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Cheers everyone, coffee time for me, surprised ? not really!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: kykweer
I am not sure how this election works, but if trump got 296 ECV out of 538 and Hillary got 218

Trump will get 307.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Trump Landslide!

MAGA

link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
Protests are starting. Lady Gaga is also participating!

Find all top tweets here
twitter.com...

Also latest tweets here:
twitter.com...

The new saying/line is: "Not My President"

The irony of those tweets are amazing.

Good news is they are all children, and will eventually grow up.

link   
While not 100% final (he might win New Hampshire, or though unlikely, lose Michigan,) it's looking like this will be the final state layout.

It does look like he was underpolled by a significant margin. At least 5% in swing states, and possibly more in states in her "firewall" which he clearly thoroughly breached.

My thoughts: I didn't vote for either candidate, as my avatar suggests.

On Clinton's end, even in the absence of proof of criminal conduct, and even while I don't personally feel persuaded by the more sensational scenarios theorized based on the emails, a level of corruption in my view was still evident enough by my standards. I also disagreed with her stated foreign policy and likely military posture, and had difficulty pinning down some of her other attitudes and positions because of what I regarded as politically opportunistic language shifts. I also disagreed with a lot of her second amendment verbiage. I did agree to a limited extent with curtailing and adjusting significantly rather than repealing the ACA, particularly with regard to premiums. But not necessarily in the ways she advocated.

On the email server issue... Whether one believes she lied under oath and got away with it, was merely careless, or was simply less than truthful in public statements but without committing any crimes, her statements pertaining to the email server - regardless of any other factors and theories people have or whether I buy into those personally - just felt incongruent with the documented facts. And the Clinton Foundation emails in particular revealed other factors I found personally difficult to reconcile with voting for her.

On Trump's end, I disagreed completely with his immigration, women's rights, law enforcement, treaty, and tax positions. I, like many, found his choices of words - both public and private - deeply disturbing and eyebrow raising. (Regardless of whether anyone thinks that means he is any particular brand of "ist" or not.)

He, like her, frequently changed positions over the years, in my opinion in a manner which suggested political expediency. (We saw another instance of this tonight in my view, where after prolonged attacks and vows to jail her, he complimented and thanked Clinton for her long service to the country - those 30 years of "bad experience" he has been so critical of prior to this - in a conciliatory and graciously framed victory speech. Granted, all politicians in power transition do this, as it's politics and civil service 101. But his ostensible contrasting characteristic was supposedly that he was anything but politics 101. Similarly, the potential cabinet taking shape around him also concerns me.)

That might seem like a strikingly short list compared to my reasons for not voting for Clinton, but those factors carry great conscientious weight for me.

So, what is my position/intent now that he was won?

I intend to treat those - regardless of which "side" they're on - who don't share my views (and I'm sure there will be many, as always, since I don't enthusiastically endorse either candidate or party) with dignity, respect, and compassion, to encourage civility between others of sharply differing views. It is my firm belief that this election revealed a crevice in our polity, caused by a total lack of genuine concern between different parts of the whole that is our society. I still think this article - despite its inflammatory title - sums up a large part of this divide, and why it exists. There are large numbers of real people who are very fed up, and many of whom are very much in poverty, and I think both sides spend too much time talking over one another rather than trying to understand that.

I can't change that or who our candidates are - and indeed, as I said, I voted for neither of them - but I can do my tiny, possibly irrelevant but nonetheless necessary imo, part to encourage civility. So I repeat the vow I made earlier in the election: I will treat everyone I speak to here and elsewhere, no matter what we disagree on, like human beings worthy of respect, without attacking or seeking to invalidate them, and try my utmost to understand where they're coming from, and give a crap what happens to them.

And while I harbor grave concerns about our new course, which remains to be seen, and while it may be difficult, I won't automatically assume the worst about anyone... including our new president-elect. (Which would be true whether it was Trump or Clinton.) I will maintain hope. I will choose to believe if we work toward civility and mutual respect, maybe good things can happen rather than bad things, regardless of which "side" people find themselves on. I will not hate anyone, or see anyone as my enemy.

We all have to live together ultimately. I will do my tiny part to encourage doing so with civility. That is all I have to offer.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: kykweer

Trump will get 307.

Will be interesting if he can get 50% of the popular vote as well.

ETA actually that is extremely unlikely at this stage, might win hillary by less than a %
edit on 9-11-2016 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
There's a sucker born every minute.

The basis of Trump's 'successes' all his life. (success regarding his personal greed that is)

He's much better at exploiting it than Clinton, unless this was part of a mutual agreement between many parties that is.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Battle of the Titans. Trump trounces Hillbot!

Look she cancelled her Fireworks early knowing she lost the battle. Steamrollered by Trump.

MAGA Landslide!!!!!!!

edit on 9-11-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
GOOD Job guys!!!! Thanks for making america great again !!! This has been a hard fought and won battle!! Trump put that brick in yo face!!!

edit on 9-11-2016 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
When is Hilary going to jail. That's all I want to know ?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

After Obama leaves office or sooner if the NYPD gets its wish.

edit on 9-11-2016 by thepixelpusher because: Soros failed

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
What amazes me is money didn't decide the election. Clinton out spent Trump by an incredouble margin to the point people were worried about him not buying ads ect. And even with a significantly smaller staff that spending less they won. Thus is contrary to everthing politicians thought on how to win an election.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The MSM are crapping themselves on how much money they will lose over Trump. Rachel Maddow looks like she crapped herself. Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: pianopraze

Ok, I have to admit I'm surprised. He sounds like he genuinely means what he's saying, and it doesn't smell like scripted pandering this time. He normally makes my skin crawl, but this speech is actually quite pleasant all around.

Let's hope he backs these infrastructure & economy promises with good cabinet picks to put them into action. Can't stress that enough, he could mean it with every ounce of his being, but this country could easily go lame duck president with a cabinet that isn't up to snuff.

As a Johnson/ only 3rd party voter....

I am happy Trump won over Clinton.

Trump, while friends with many mega rich, enters this Presidency not beholden to them.

Clinton might as well have been a NASCAR driver with all the big banks, lobbying firms, corporations, and foreign governments she would have owed.

I am slightly hopeful and optimistic for the first time in a long long time for our nation.

I still worry he was just putting on a show, so time will tell.
edit on 9-11-2016 by pianopraze because: typos

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Putin just congratulated Trump via telegram. But Hes happy Hillary lost since now he doesn't have to worry about her retaliation

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I fell asleep at page 125 of this thread, when we hoped, but were not sure.
And I wake up to
President Trump!!!!

And PA put him over???
I am SO proud of PA!! Way to go PA and way to go TRUMP!!!!!!!

so much to catch up on!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Putin, Orban and Erdogan all congratulated Trump, wow!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to: Substracto
WW3 averted!

Watch the indictments fly as Hillarys Minions get swatted like Flies.

Drain the Swamp before the swamp rats can flee.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I knew Trump was going to win when I started watching the BBC coverage of it.

They had a panel of "experts" all basically laughing at Trump, some Democrat guy who was asked why he was grinning "oh, I'm going to be grinning ALL night" he said", Trump couldn't possibly win according to all of them - not possible.

Then they said there had been record turnouts to vote - and it was immediately obvious Trump had won.

When people are unhappy with politicians and politics they become apathetic, they STOP voting - they feel their vote won't change anything whoever wins.

When there's a sudden surge in voters and one of the candidates is a real curve ball for change like Trump, a non career politicians like the others - then you know those voters are going out to vote for him.

These "experts" were trying to explain away the surge in voters as being anti-Trump voters - that's nonsense - not many people would be motivated to go and vote to stop a candidate, and on top of that why would they bother to leave the house?

According to every poll, every news outlet, every commentator, expert, politicians, etc - Trmp had no chance, so there's no need to even bother, "someone else is going to do it for me."

That I think is how Donald won - motivated people to go and vote for change, and ironically the MSM, Hiltelry etc did the rest - they convinced people so well that all the polls showed Trump losing that none of them could get off their lazy backsides to go and vote against him.

LoL - that's poetic justice I think.

top topics

<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join