It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LEAKED paper confirms NASA warp drive

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
LinkHey everyone just read this on a news site, that a paper was leaked on a NASA forum confirms that warp drives work and can go to the moon in 4 hours. I am having a hard time finding the paper as it was taken down by NASA shortly after release. If someone has found it please post it.

From the site.

The much-anticipated review of EmDrive space propulsion was not supposed to be released until December according to the International Business Times. But it was leaked into the NASA Spaceflight fan forum on Saturday before it was swiftly deleted by the organisation — but not before sci-fi fans had caught a glimpse of it.

edit on 8-11-2016 by ms898 because: Update content from article

edit on 8-11-2016 by ms898 because: link fixed

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
OK, not to sound cliche but... I'll believe when I see it.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ms898
Hey everyone just read this on a news site, that a paper was leaked on a NASA forum confirms that warp drives work and can go to the moon in 4 hours. I am having a hard time finding the paper as it was taken down by NASA shortly after release. If someone has found it please post it.

Here is the news article link:

www.news.com.au... 264e60b3a9d2f

Not a Warp Drive it is the EM Drive and yes they will test it in space very soon.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

The EM drive is real, what it will actually do is the question but it could cut Earth to Mars down to 70 days v. 500 days

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Hermit777

lol ok sorry I am a bit distracted on the phone atm and just got that from the article headline lol .

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
EM Dirve is not a warp system.

Em Drive, while it seems to work, scientists have not actually figured out what makes it work.

Em Drive doesn't need to be "leaked" because it's been in public for a while now.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Yes I have used the wrong language and i am aware of the tech as it has been discussed on this forum before lol. its had without seeing the paper but I believe it would explain the tech and %100 confirms its practicality in action.

I would very much like to see the leaked paper. (why did it get taken down?)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hermit777

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

The EM drive is real, what it will actually do is the question but it could cut Earth to Mars down to 70 days v. 500 days

Nasa is paying people to lay in bed for 70 days to study the effect of muscle atrophy

Nasa pays 18000 to lay in bed
So seems legit

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

From the site.

The much-anticipated review of EmDrive space propulsion was not supposed to be released until December according to the International Business Times. But it was leaked into the NASA Spaceflight fan forum on Saturday before it was swiftly deleted by the organisation — but not before sci-fi fans had caught a glimpse of it.

Here is the actual link:
Space Stuffs

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Dont they already have decades of data of space effects on the body?

Hell 1/5 the population already does that for free!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ms898

EM drive is not warp drive.

A warp drive is an engine which has the power to fold space and time in such a way as to create a wave peak behind a craft, and a trough or depression in front. The wave pushes, the trough pulls, and the space between remains in a bubble of normal space, keeping the craft and crew safe from the various dangers associated with being in heavily warped space. The idea being that the push from behind and the pull from in front creates the circumstances necessary for faster than light speed being gained, without necessarily breaking the laws of physics.

This EM doohickey is a grand bit of gear though, from what I have heard of it. No one will be beating the Enterprise in a drag race to the Kuiper belt with it, but it's still impressive stuff!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
See bottom of this site for possible link (might be the paper but not sure): www.sciencealert.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
In the linked article it says this tech could be used to make planes and cars capable of vertical take off and flight.

Does anyone know how this would be done? From what I've read about the EM drive it creates very little thrust, but it builds up speed over time in space because of the extremely low resistance.

Does anyone have info on how this would function in-atmosphere?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FocusedWolf

Yes I believe thats it! the filename Is dated Fall 2015 but it states that it performs consistently which is what the article mentions was in the leaked paper. The consistent performance ratio is 1.2 + or - 0.1mN per kw if I am interpreting it correctly?

Hopefully someone could comment on the efficiency of that?
edit on 8-11-2016 by ms898 because: Typo

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
In the linked article it says this tech could be used to make planes and cars capable of vertical take off and flight.

Does anyone know how this would be done? From what I've read about the EM drive it creates very little thrust, but it builds up speed over time in space because of the extremely low resistance.

Does anyone have info on how this would function in-atmosphere?

The EM drive in it's current form is only a crude prototype. Refinement and further study could definitely lead to making it much much more efficient.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

It states in the paper that in the in air result (1.2 mN/kw) is very close to the vaccumm result of (1.2 + or - 0.1 mN/kw)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

A warp drive is an engine which has the power to fold space and time in such a way as to create a wave peak behind a craft,

This has always baked my noodle. I've often wondered what would.happen if you fold space and time but there are other craft, planets etc in the part of space that gets folded?

The EM Drive is a bit of a conundrum too, I mean they don't know why it works just that it does. Does that mean, since they don't know the processes involved to make it work that they invented it by accident?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

a reply to: FocusedWolf

Yes I believe thats it! the filename Is dated Fall 2015 but it states that it performs consistently which is what the article mentions was in the leaked paper. The consistent performance ratio is 1.2 + or - 0.1mN per kw if I am interpreting it correctly?

Hopefully someone could comment on the efficiency of that?

OK Update: I read the conclusion and what I can get out of it is that compared to a hall thruster which can output 60mN/kw the em setup they tested was rather weak output (1.2mN/kw) and when reading up on the hall effect a US quaters weight is about 60 mN. BUT!!! it uses zero propelent! and has twice the magnitude of other "zero propelent" systems like solar sails.

With no friction in space a constant thrust would get good speed I think.

P.S. The shape of the test gear is conical maybe someone should tell them to use a bell shape instead

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

No, the drive was created deliberately, but the effect which allows it to function was discovered by accident and has not been fully explained yet, as far as I am aware.

As for other objects in the folded space... The idea is that one generally powers down the warp drive, while traveling through areas of space which have obstacles like star systems in them, to avoid any potential havoc being caused to bodies in the universe. The odd bit of gas or other nondescript matter being buffeted probably makes no difference in the grand scheme of things, but to endanger a star system by activating what is essentially a space distorting system within its confines would be foolish.
edit on 8-11-2016 by TrueBrit because: added detail

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join